Diablo® III

mp0 farming viable?

Can't farm higher mp levels efficiently due to lack of gear, skill, whatnot. Is it viable to farm act 3 mp0? Or is it a waste of time. Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
Should be, as long as you can get to the level 63 monsters in act 3. If you check my profile, I really can't talk from experience, but I think act 3 mp0 is level 63 monsters.
Reply Quote
Why not just farm MP1?

It is much easier than old inferno... more MF. I mean with a tiny amount of gold you can gear out for that.

Saying you cannot finish MP1 would be like saying you cant cut it in Hell difficulty. I find that hard to believe.

Edit: and not being sarcastic or trying to put you down, but MP0 is literally hell difficulty. Plus i checked your profile and with worse stats than yours before patch i was farming act 3 inferno which would be like MP3 now.
Edited by Fathomless#1879 on 10/18/2012 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MP1 makes all creatures level 63 giving you top drop rates. This means MP1 in ACT 1 drops the same as MP0 in ACT 3. Since teh monsters are easier in ACT 1, you can probably go MP3 and kill everything faster that MP0 Act 3 while have a +30% MF bonus.
Reply Quote
I tried act 1 mp1 last night and died to certain elite affixes which did not make my run as efficient as act 1 1.0.4. Guess i'll try later when I get back from work. Thanks for the advise. more opinions?
Reply Quote
Act 1 at mp1 felt definately harder than 1.04 Act 1. Before this patch, I wasn't able to farm Act3 w/o ToC. but I spent less than 300k to change my gear and Im farming at mp2. so gear up and try mp 1 or 2
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I would say that Act III with no Monster Power is a still perfectly viable place to farm. Compared to patch 1.0.4, the monsters are a little easier and items can now roll their affixes based on the level of the monsters that drop them (rather than the item’s level), which means that item quality should improve on the whole. Those changes should help your efficiency, and you may find yourself ready to take on additional difficulty (if you want) in no time.
Reply Quote
join a group if you can and if possible, with people you know only so it will be organized.

i say don't worry about selling rares/legends/sets if the ones you get are upgrade drops for you, you already saved more than 10 mil that way imo

gl
Reply Quote
Grimiku, you and I have very similar tastes and playstyles apparently. I also prefer a WD, and your posts on your plans for 1.0.5 could have just as easily come from my mouth: Finish Inferno, then start playing with MP1.

That said, Act 3 with no MP vs Act 3 in 1.0.4 is much, much different than a "little easier". It is absolutely a world apart. I couldn't make it through a single Act 3 elite pack without at least one death, and usually multiple. In 1.0.5, I steamrolled through Acts 3 and 4 in half an evening.

To answer the OP's question: Sure, I can totally see MP0 being a viable farming method. To any given player, the most viable method is the one that you can most easily plow through without dying. If you're wiping in MP1 and clearing stuff in MP0, then the latter is better for how you're playing.

Myself, I know that the most efficient way to get gear would probably be to gear up my Barb and crank up the MP. But I like my WD better, so I play him. He can't take the same abuse, so the MP stays low (or off for now). I was racking up health potions and stack of gold, barely repairing with MP0. But with MP1, I'm spending those potions and repairing more often.

I did, however, play with a full group tonight on MP3. That went much better; I could DPS from the sidelines while a Barb and Monk kept monsters' attention. So maybe try and group to try higher levels. See how it feels.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
As other people said, you should really go for MP1 you'll get a more consistent set of drops because of the fixed level on monsters
Reply Quote
better to do mp0 and get the cash flowing in. if u get a drop or 2 then thats awesome and u can fasttrack through the ah.

i do mp0 and still hope for key stuff. i wish valor stacks gave like 2% drop so its 15% base but scales somehow lol. ill never get a hellfire cause im not a barbarian.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Akvavit
If you're wiping in MP1 and clearing stuff in MP0, then the latter is better for how you're playing.

That's why I have MP off for now. As a casual player, I still have to finish inferno once.
So I'm trying to gear up/farm right now, to take on Act 3 and 4 and finish the game on inferno.

Although I must say, I have indeed noticed that monsters are a little easier to handle.
You don't hear me complaining. ;)

Although, with MP, I'm tempted to try it in a group once.
But that's a story for another time...
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Glasspipe
Can't farm higher mp levels efficiently due to lack of gear, skill, whatnot. Is it viable to farm act 3 mp0? Or is it a waste of time. Thanks for the help.

In all technicality, it's more viable than it was before! You should be seeing better loot and more of it, and the monsters should be easier to deal with before.

Certainly not a waste of time at all.
Reply Quote
Act 3 mobs are lvl63 AFAIK, and Act 3 MP0 is certainly easier than Act 1 MP1. So if you're struggling with Act 1 MP1, stick to Act 3 MP0 until you've geared up a lil' more. The only big difference in terms of loot between the two is that with MP1 there's a chance for additional items and slightly higher MF.

Hope that helps =)
Edited by ThePirate#2320 on 10/23/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd say it is, provided you plan accordingly.

I have a set of cheapo 300 MF gear that I use for MP0. I find probably a legendary per half hour.

When playing MP's where I need to use my real gear, I might find a legendary per 2 hours. I end up losing magic find AND taking longer to kill mobs. Since 2 + 2 still equals 4, I never bother farming MP's.

Not to mention you have to find a group to do MP's. While this usually doesn't take long, it is a nuisance.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Glasspipe
I tried act 1 mp1 last night and died to certain elite affixes which did not make my run as efficient as act 1 1.0.4. Guess i'll try later when I get back from work. Thanks for the advise. more opinions?

Dude.....even though these forums want to tell you otherwise, it is PERFECTLY OK to die! I do MP3 with my monk and I die on certain elite affixes. Just because you die doesn't mean you HAVE to change mp levels
Reply Quote
Sometimes when the game automatically turns off MP for me for no apparent reason and I forget to turn it back on, I'll go into a game. I wouldn't realize it was MP0 until I go and kill my first group of mobs which will die instantly. I would say MP0 now is a LOT easier than 1.04.
Reply Quote
Yes, it's viable. In fact, it's better for your MF unless you can mow down anything in a higher level. The 50% bump to mob health in MP1 overwhelms the 25% MF bonus you get for turning MP on at all. Just stick with Act 3 for the level-63 mobs and the better mob density. (Act 4 is a barren wasteland by comparison.)
Reply Quote
Act 3 mp0 is the best place to farm unless you have very high dps... I can clear it in like 30mins & its been pretty fast paragon leveling & I've actually been finding some legendaries due to the kill speed. Mp1 gives 25% more MF & 1% more items off trash mobs, but jumps the HP up what like 50%... Not worth it unless I can clear mp1 like i can clear mp0 currently.
Reply Quote
Would you guys recommend Acts I and II with a MP1+ better then Act III with no MP?

Personally I'm a huge fan of Act I.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]