Diablo® III

Please explain me the warcry resists nerf

From 50% to 20%
Just wondering why. I'm curious.

Edit:
Thanks for the answers.
Do you mean i'm good with 484 resistance to all elements now?
I don't need to rise them nor buff with warcry?

Because instead, i.e. on level MP5, I still die in a second and half because elemental damages.
I do mean with the MP introduction, and the fact that obviously everyone would play higher difficulties now for better drops, the 50% wouldn't be OP anymore there. Or not?
It result in a nerf on MP5 and above to me, or am I wrong?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kajuan-2923/hero/13735560
Edited by Kajuan#2923 on 10/18/2012 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
inb4 "barbs are OP" posts
Reply Quote
View profile
I wondered about this too, But you know what? it has not really effected me at all. Besides i found that stacking armor works better than all resist. i also stack Life% and Vit. to get the extra armor.

Edit: I have all my gems removed so my armor looks low. but with buffs its 10k
Edited by Kookymunster#1239 on 10/18/2012 7:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
there's an entire blog post about defensive abilities changes. i suggest you read it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012

basically monsters do less damage in order to promote build diversity (certain classes like barbarian will no longer feel they _have_ to take certain passives or active skills in order to survive.)
Edited by enem#1945 on 10/18/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its bs. The a slight nurf will be a net buff thing is hog wash. My barb feels like a car running out of gas half the time. It was perfection before, now it is rubbish. Shame on blizz they half caved in on all the QQers here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Since we are discussing why Warcry - Impunity was changed from 50% resist to 20% resist it’s important to point out that overall damage in Inferno was also reduced by at least 25%. One of technical designers (Wyatt Cheng) explained this change a bit further in his developer journal:

Why are we doing this? The reason is not complicated. High incoming monster damage combined with extremely powerful defensive skills make those skills and runes feel mandatory. Our goal is that by simultaneously nerfing defensive skills and reducing incoming damage, players who choose to continue using these defensive skills will take less damage overall, and players who choose to forego these "mandatory" skills will find themselves more survivable than what you would currently experience on live. Overall, these changes result in a huge buff in the player’s favor.

If you are interested in reading more about it you can do so here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/
Reply Quote
I'm with you. I just got to the point where I did not have to concentrate on all resist and now I have to back track.
Reply Quote
i dun mind, i stack 420 allres and i don't use warcry anymore. overall, good change.
Reply Quote
Grimiku, could you clarify how this is effected with the recent release of the MP system?

Wyatt mentioned that impunity has changed from 50% to 20% however all damage reduced in inferno has reduced by 25%.

I assume that is at MP0, because the table released by blizzard on the MP blog states the following:

MP1 = 114% Monster Damage
MP2 = 130% Monster Damage
MP3 = 148% Monster Damage
MP4 = 169% Monster Damage
MP5 = 193% Monster Damage
MP6 = 220% Monster Damage
MP7 = 250% Monster Damage
MP8 = 285% Monster Damage
MP9 = 325% Monster Damage
MP10 = 371% Monster Damage

So math is not my forte, but it appears that the changes to impunity are actually a benefit at MP0, at higher MP levels its a net decline.. Unless of course i am just confused on how this is working, could you please clarify??
Reply Quote
This is for the greater good of "all the players of the game"

if you can view that large of a spectrum then you can see how these changes would have a positive impact on that exact spectrum and not just a small portion of it.

by lowering the value of defensive buffs, the offensive buffs which were not as valuable become closer to equal in value.

thats what the change hoped to do. its just like balancing a talent tree.

if certain points have become the standard pick, you either raise the value of the others or lower the value of the ones everyone is choosing.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the answers.
Do you mean i'm good with 484 resistance to all elements now?
I don't need to rise them nor buff with warcry?

Because instead, i.e. on level MP5, I still die in a second and half because elemental damages.
I do mean with the MP introduction, and the fact that obviously everyone would play higher difficulties now for better drops, the 50% wouldn't be OP anymore there. Or not?
It result in a nerf on MP5 and above to me, or am I wrong?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kajuan-2923/hero/13735560
Edited by Kajuan#2923 on 10/18/2012 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Grimiku, could you clarify how this is effected with the recent release of the MP system?

Wyatt mentioned that impunity has changed from 50% to 20% however all damage reduced in inferno has reduced by 25%.

I assume that is at MP0, because the table released by blizzard on the MP blog states the following:

So math is not my forte, but it appears that the changes to impunity are actually a benefit at MP0, at higher MP levels its a net decline.. Unless of course i am just confused on how this is working, could you please clarify??

i would imagine the 25% reduction is what constitutes the damage level @ MP0.

all other % in the above table are modifications to that new MP0 level. so MP2 ought to be round-about the same damage as what was in patch 1.0.4
Reply Quote
When I consider the amount of life gained on a reasonably geared barbarian, I can understand the reason for this nerf, but as a reasonably geared wizard I support any class that says the nerf to resistance hit us harder than it needed to.
Reply Quote
Grimiku,

Thank you for your response. I have noticed that blizzard is always truthful; however blizzard does not always tell ALL the truth. While it may be true that the goal was that warcry will not be a mandatory skill, IMO there is some more truth to the matter and Wyatt focuses only on the side of the coin where he comes off as a good guy.

The other side of the coin is that Blizzard realized that with impunity at 50%, high MP levels were doable for too many players. So they NERFED warcry to make high MP levels more of a challenge.
Reply Quote
This is similar to when Wyatt nerfed chests and said the reason is because some players were solely chasing chests and popping MF gear.

While that was absolutely true, there was a lot more truth to the story. Namely, bots were exploiting the system and were going after chests while avoiding monsters. I know that is the truth because if the sole fear was players popping MF gear, blizz would have allowed chests to still respond to NV. But blizz did not do that because of BOTS.
Reply Quote
View profile
They nerf skills that are well used instead of making skills and runes that are not better because it is easy.
Reply Quote
View profile

If monster damage was reduced by 25%, then it's a net benefit on all monster levels.
25% damage decline is more beneficial than the 50% resist boost.
Edited by TheFunGun21#1392 on 10/18/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Since we are discussing why Warcry - Impunity was changed from 50% resist to 20% resist it’s important to point out that overall damage in Inferno was also reduced by at least 25%. One of technical designers (Wyatt Cheng) explained this change a bit further in his developer journal:

Why are we doing this? The reason is not complicated. High incoming monster damage combined with extremely powerful defensive skills make those skills and runes feel mandatory. Our goal is that by simultaneously nerfing defensive skills and reducing incoming damage, players who choose to continue using these defensive skills will take less damage overall, and players who choose to forego these "mandatory" skills will find themselves more survivable than what you would currently experience on live. Overall, these changes result in a huge buff in the player’s favor.

but taking MP into consideration MP has buffed inferno by alot. 25% is nothing against mobs that have there damaged increased as far as 371% at MP10
Reply Quote

[quote]Why are we doing this? The reason is not complicated. High incoming monster damage combined with extremely powerful defensive skills make those skills and runes feel mandatory. Our goal is that by simultaneously nerfing defensive skills and reducing incoming damage, players who choose to continue using these defensive skills will take less damage overall, and players who choose to forego these "mandatory" skills will find themselves more survivable than what you would currently experience on live. Overall, these changes result in a huge buff in the player’s favor.

Why can't you just at once admit to us that you nerf all the OP classes to balance them to each other and stop giving the reason "inferno difficulty is nerf thats why we nerf all classes too"
Reply Quote
This is all well and good, but for higher monster powers I still feel obligated to used Prismatic Armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]