Diablo® III

13 legendarys say ninja nerfs aren't real

This was one of those rare weekends where I was able to stay in and play for an extended period of time. I played Friday night until the early morning, then most of Saturday afternoon and evening.

During that time I did key runs with three other friends in MP5, VoTA runs in MP3, and then I tried to get my monk to level 60 (would have made it if I didn't go fishing on Sunday...) while running him at MP10 the entire time.

So the weekend went something like this:

-7 hours of play on my barb on Friday
-8 hours of play on my monk on Sat
-3 hours of play on my barb on Sat night

The timing is important because I also want to show the difference in leg's found between the two characters.

So the final tally of legendarys found went something like this:

Barb (Max MF)- 11 legendarys. 1 set of vile wards (on my barb), 1 set of INT inna's temp (sold for 40 mil), and then a bunch of 100k-1mil items.

Monk (0 MF but in MP10)- 2 legendarys. Clearly neither one worth talking about, but two legendarys none the less.

This means that since 1.05 launched, I have found 20 leg's on my barb- 5 on the night they launched, 4 Wednesday, and 11 between Friday and Saturday (not counting monk here).

So I ask you people, what is the ninja nerf everyone is going on about again? Does 11 legendarys in 10 hours of play sound like the numbers have been scaled back (again not counting monk here)?

And as a side note- If I ever doubted how effective MF was this made me a believer. 11 to 2 (Max MF vs 0 MF).
Reply Quote
This past weekend was the first time I've ever gotten good drops, including my first set piece (Inna's belt). I also found the Unity I'm currently wearing.

I've had terrible luck with drops since release...but I think I might finally be starting to turn a corner.
Reply Quote
This past weekend was the first time I've ever gotten good drops, including my first set piece (Inna's belt). I also found the Unity I'm currently wearing.

I've had terrible luck with drops since release...but I think I might finally be starting to turn a corner.

Good to hear.
Reply Quote
The problem is, most the legendaries are completely garbage now.(you can throw them away at 10k on AH though) I've found 5 legendaries in 2hours of play today and they are all lv60s, nuff said. Bliz included tons of useless sh1t in 1.05 so that those godly set items won't flood the AH I guess.
Reply Quote
I wasn't able to play a ton over the weekend, but the results were good.

4 hours Thursday night - 3 legendary and 1 set, including my Nat's chest.
3 hours Friday night - 8 legendary and 1 set item. (IK gloves)
4 hours Saturday night. 9 legendary and 1 set. (WD helm?)

Last 11 hours... 20 legendary and 3 set items...

Doing key runs. Solo runs were at MP 7, group runs were at MP 5. Most items dropped with less than 5 stacks because I would hit the keywardens as soon as I get 4-5.

The key warden in Act 2 dropped a legendary.
A 1200 damage Skorn dropped from a chest with 3 stacks.
Edited by Vuron00#1127 on 10/22/2012 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I had a good weekend of legendary/set items. I found two set items and two legendarys within a 45 minute period on Saturday. I found half a dozen legendary items yesterday. Found some decent rares as well.
Reply Quote
Yeah loot was good this weekend, like OP i dont have much time to play usualy but spended a big part of the weekend at the world of the sanctuary. The result? Quite nice.

With my DH i found Vile wards (last checked they were going for 6m on auction, cant check how it ended becous im at work), next The thing from the deep (priced about 20 mil, on my WD now) and Zuni's chest, priced about 80 mil, also on my WD.

When i found the 2 peaces for a WD decided to finaly level him, from 38 to 60 with good people help i made it in a day. First game with geared WD, just progresing throught inferno MP1 and 2 legends. IK 2h sold for 1m and strongarm braces (worth nothing). Lacunis found a little later, also weak but still.

So 5 legs and set in 2 days farming, some of them actualy worth some gold. Yeah, i call it a good weekend.

Also, looking forward for todays farm run.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Your plethora of legendary items throughout the week is not proof there wasn't a ninja nerfs to drop rates.

Just like my plethora of legendary items on Tuesday/Wednesday and then nothing since is not proof that there was a ninja nerfs to drop rates.

People just need to let it go and stop bringing it up.
Reply Quote
Your plethora of legendary items throughout the week is not proof there wasn't a ninja nerfs to drop rates.

Just like my plethora of legendary items on Tuesday/Wednesday and then nothing since is not proof that there was a ninja nerfs to drop rates.

People just need to let it go and stop bringing it up.

I completely agree, but I would be referring to the ninja nerfs when I said it. Conspiracy theories based off of gut reactions are far more ridiculous than me just saying, "I found 13 leg's over the weekend."

Frankly the only reason I put it in the context of "there's no such thing as NN's" is because the idea needs to be stamped out entirely.
Reply Quote
I only found 1 legendary this weekend(tal rasha chest which was sitting at 100million last night)

however i did find 4 keys and the plans so it wasn't a total waste.
Reply Quote
This was one of those rare weekends where I was able to stay in and play for an extended period of time. I played Friday night until the early morning, then most of Saturday afternoon and evening.

During that time I did key runs with three other friends in MP5, VoTA runs in MP3, and then I tried to get my monk to level 60 (would have made it if I didn't go fishing on Sunday...) while running him at MP10 the entire time.

So the weekend went something like this:

-7 hours of play on my barb on Friday
-8 hours of play on my monk on Sat
-3 hours of play on my barb on Sat night

The timing is important because I also want to show the difference in leg's found between the two characters.

So the final tally of legendarys found went something like this:

Barb (Max MF)- 11 legendarys. 1 set of vile wards (on my barb), 1 set of INT inna's temp (sold for 40 mil), and then a bunch of 100k-1mil items.

Monk (0 MF but in MP10)- 2 legendarys. Clearly neither one worth talking about, but two legendarys none the less.

This means that since 1.05 launched, I have found 20 leg's on my barb- 5 on the night they launched, 4 Wednesday, and 11 between Friday and Saturday (not counting monk here).

So I ask you people, what is the ninja nerf everyone is going on about again? Does 11 legendarys in 10 hours of play sound like the numbers have been scaled back (again not counting monk here)?

And as a side note- If I ever doubted how effective MF was this made me a believer. 11 to 2 (Max MF vs 0 MF).

glad to know such a genius has nothing to do on the weekend other than sit on his fat !@# and click for 18 hours straight
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I also got a ton of legendary's this weekend. All crappy for the most part if I recall. Best item was a rare trifecta ring.
Reply Quote
Ninja nerfs, confirmed.

1.05 day one = 2 sets, 3 legendaries.

To date, I've found 1 set and 4 legendaries. And I've played every day.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
Well I must be the counter weight to you. I played 30 hours over the same weekend and found 0 leg's. I played it all with my barb (check the profile). If you add all my time playing up with all my toons, its a lot and I have NEVER found a set item. I have maybe found 10 leg's in all my time.

Where is your MF? I played three hours last night in MP0 A3 and cleared it fast each time for 5 legendaries and a set item. You are really doing yourself a disservice if you don't run MF and don't run quickly.
Reply Quote
Drops are fine. It may still be random, but it's a lot better than 1.04. I got a good ring.
Reply Quote

glad to know such a genius has nothing to do on the weekend other than sit on his fat !@# and click for 18 hours straight

The reason I stayed in this weekend was because I was in Denver for backpacking and the US' biggest beer festival for the week before that.

Now please explain to me about how my life would be so much better if I would have gone to my local bar to play darts or whatever it is you think is a fun way to live your uneventful life.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Hippyhell
So I ask you people, what is the ninja nerf everyone is going on about again? Does 11 legendarys in 10 hours of play sound like the numbers have been scaled back

You must have a Sandybridge/Ivybridge platform system because they have digital RNG versus analog. This makes you get bonus points from blizzard and more legendaries. Intel pays them to give people with newer computers better gear.....

I hope everyone senses my sarcasm on this one...
Reply Quote
All I got from this was, "Hey guys, I have no life so I played a video game for a day straight instead of doing something productive like working out or spending time with a girlfriend, even though I probably should have taken that time to go to the gym because I am drastically overweight from playing too many video games. On a good note though, I found a bunch of fake items in a video game and I really wanted to let you guys know that these items do infact drop if you give up on life and just play video games."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]