Diablo® III

Act II Farming Runs? (Exp / Elites / Keys)

Asking everyone since I have never farmed Act 2 except for goblins, what you think are the best maps are for exp and elites for speed?

Would be nice to have a guide like Alkaizer's for Act III
Reply Quote
Since Act 2 is a godforsaken act for me, I only get 5 NV stacks and kill the keywarden. So first, I visit Kulle's area and build 5 stacks there. I'm not sure if this is efficient but the mobs there are easy to deal with for the most part and there are more than enough elites there to cap you off on stacks. Next, I go straight to the Oasis and kill the key warden. However, finding him is always the longest part for me. I don't know why they put a key warden on such a large map making me walk for hours finding a random location.
Reply Quote
I sort of actually prefer act 2. Apart from those stupid bugs, the mobs tend to be much easier. Just doing the vault of the assassin and cave of the betrayer you can get like 10-15 groups (+2-3 while looking for the entrances in the desolate sands). Then clear the oasis for another 3-5 groups. get the keywarden. Then do kulle. Runs are pretty fast and pretty high density.
Reply Quote
ACt 2 is very viable. Just needs to be done right.

Start with Black Soulstone (Kill Kulle) quest

Sewers - small map with 1-2 elites
Black Canyon Mines - small map with 2-3 elites
Road to Alcarnus - small map with 1-2 elites

You should have 5 stacks by now, you can either go straight for the keywarden in the Oasis if that's your thing. Or continue...

Desolate Sands -> Find Vault of Assassins

You'll probably encounter at least 1 pack in your search then 7-8 packs in the vault.

Optional extra (Storm Halls & the Unknown Depths) - not the Realm of Shadow since the ghosts there are too annoying to kill quickly.

Kill Kulle

Kill Belial.

Rinse, repeat.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I like farming Act II (since I have spent less time there compared to Act I and III), and when I do I use a very similar route to Korzic:

Start with Black Soulstone (Kill Kulle) quest

Sewers - small map with 1-2 elites
Black Canyon Mines - small map with 2-3 elites
Road to Alcarnus - small map with 1-2 elites

You should have 5 stacks by now, you can either go straight for the keywarden in the Oasis if that's your thing. Or continue...

Desolate Sands -> Find Vault of Assassins

You'll probably encounter at least 1 pack in your search then 7-8 packs in the vault.

Optional extra (Storm Halls & the Unknown Depths) - not the Realm of Shadow since the ghosts there are too annoying to kill quickly.

Kill Kulle

Kill Belial.

Since 1.0.5, I’ve been exploring different routes and this is one of my favorites for monster and environment diversity.
Reply Quote
Start off with Black Soulstone quest, to kill Kulle.

Waypoint to Desolate Sands and then find the Vault of the Assassin. Entering this activates a checkpoint, so that every time you leave the game, you can click resume which will place you immediately in the Vault of the Assassin again. Once this process is started the Vault runs become the fastest route to 5 stacks, since there are guaranteed elite packs in guaranteed locations on a fixed map. (The packs themselves are random, and are not guaranteed, but there are always a minimum of 5-7 elite packs, and upwards of 8-10)

Then kill as many packs as possible in your search for key warden in the Oasis. Afterwards which you can leave the game and restart.

Just watch out for the Ruins Level 1 in the Oasis. Moving too close to this will activate a checkpoint and overwrite your checkpoint in the Vault.

In terms for EXP: Act 3 seems to be the best just by sheer number of mobs.
Edited by darkeN#1766 on 10/24/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
any one timing their runs can you post your xp/h for a a2 run.
Reply Quote
I have been playing each Act (primarily Act III) from beginning to end and I have NO IDEA why. Seriously, I know I can jump around and play fixed areas to get max elite mobs in a faster time. As soon as I am done work I'm trying this Act II run business you nice folks speak of...aw man! I promised my girlfriend I'd "spend time" with her!
Reply Quote
I agree with Korzic & Grimaku above, with only slight changes:

I don't worry about killing ZK, so I start on part 10, 'Lord of Lies' . this gives you the advantage of having all the waypoints opened up right away, as well as the added distraction of leah & adria in the open areas of the world. (they won't follow you into the sewers or any dungeons or enclosed secondary areas, but they will follow you & help distract monsters who would otherwise attack you in all the open areas like black canyon mines, dalghur oasis, etc.)

i then teleport back to hidden camp, and go immediately to black canyon mines. depending on the layout & RNG, you can end up with anywhere from 1-5 stacks from this area alone, sometimes 1-3 elites, an event, and resplendent chest. If the event isn't in black canyon, it should be in stinging winds which is connected & you'll be running through anyways.

once i have the 4-5 stacks, I jump right over to dalghur oasis & hunt for the keywarden. most times you'll end up geting a 5th stack before the keywarden, but if you find him & only have 4 stacks, just run run run away & find a quick elite pack in the oasis and come right back to the keywarden.

if your going for keys, rinse and repeat at this point. If your farming or going for XP, this would be the point you go ahead and fully clear the oasis, and then proceed back to khasim outpost, through road to alcarnus, then ancient path & desolate sands.

then if your feeling up to it, finish off all the areas you didn't hit, make sure your 5 NV stacks are fresh & take down the lord of lies, again.

hope this helps!
Edited by TreezaT#1567 on 10/24/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
hey i know this is not the place to put this but since youre from blizzard i need help i signed up for the anual pass and got diablo 3 free now it says i have to buy it
Reply Quote
Act 1 > ALLLLLLLLL

Anyway fer me....
Black canyon mines -> Ruins level 1 (TONNES OF MOBS!) -> road to alcarnus -> Dahlgur -> KULLE STORY BRO.

Cant kill belial yet. NEED MOAR DAMAGE!
Reply Quote

5. I hate WOW because it killed warcraft
Reply Quote
My act 2 key runs (exp/key) is simple.

Take blacksoul stone quest. Park the character in Vault of Assasin so everytime you restart the game you are there.

1. Clear VoA.
2. Sewers of Cald.
3. Road to Alcarnus.
4. Oasis (start from the path to Oasis portal because there is two possible spawn points at the bottom of the map)

If I am lazy, upon 5 NV I just head to Oasis. Usually I just clear the whole vault since there are lots of mobs in there.
Reply Quote
I just do the kill kulle quest and go to each of the three portals within his whatever-kulles-place-is-called. Keywarden after. Each area has at least two elites in it. You can also kill kulle.
Reply Quote
I just find all the elites in the oasis before engaging the keywarden. 10 min key farm run. MP 2 or 3, fast and efficient.
Reply Quote
I actually enjoy running act 2. Its quite quick. I usually run MP2 or # with about 200% MF not including paragon levels. My runs look like this.

1. Black Canyon Mines - 1-3 stacks
2. Road to Arcanus - 1-2 Stacks
3. Path to Oasis - quick Jump in the sewers 1 stack
4. Dahlgur Oasis - Keywarden + packs
5. Desolate Sands (vault of assassins) + additional packs
6. Kulle's place - The sides only + Kulle
7. Belial

I do it this way because, while building a 5 stack is fastest in the vault. I'd rather kill everything in there with 5 stacks already to increase my chance of good drops. Now this is purely a MF run, but I add in the Keywarden because why not?

Also, Sometimes I get 5 stacks at step 2 so I just skip to step 4 in that case. WIth my Paragon and MF i usually get at least 1 or 2 legendaries per run, and I can run the whole thing in under an hour.
Reply Quote
my !@#$s says game is up to date but wont let me play becuase i dont have the new patch wtf!
Reply Quote
Start off with Black Soulstone quest, to kill Kulle.

Waypoint to Desolate Sands and then find the Vault of the Assassin. Entering this activates a checkpoint, so that every time you leave the game, you can click resume which will place you immediately in the Vault of the Assassin again. Once this process is started the Vault runs become the fastest route to 5 stacks, since there are guaranteed elite packs in guaranteed locations on a fixed map. (The packs themselves are random, and are not guaranteed, but there are always a minimum of 5-7 elite packs, and upwards of 8-10)

Then kill as many packs as possible in your search for key warden in the Oasis. Afterwards which you can leave the game and restart.

Just watch out for the Ruins Level 1 in the Oasis. Moving too close to this will activate a checkpoint and overwrite your checkpoint in the Vault.

In terms for EXP: Act 3 seems to be the best just by sheer number of mobs.

genius level, could be worth it to add to VoA, but as you said, minds well farm keys than go back to Act 3 unless your bored :) thnx for sure!
Reply Quote
Asking everyone since I have never farmed Act 2 except for goblins, what you think are the best maps are for exp and elites for speed?

Would be nice to have a guide like Alkaizer's for Act III

Act 2, pure farming without scenery viewing and not claustrophobic?
Select the quest to kill Kulle. Find assassin vault, make sure it gets 'Check Point'..
Clear it and leave, resume the game you will be reset in assassin vault again. 1-2 runs will make you familiar with the map and the most efficient paths. It is in general a big circle with branches.
You can build other paths based on the respawn on the vault as long as the new paths do not involve any checkpoint.
Must have Monster power on even if MP1! At MP0 farming in VoA is wasting time.
Edited by Contra#1729 on 10/25/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]