Diablo® III

Baldurs Gate Enhanced

Just found out about this last night and am really looking forward to playing it.

http://www.baldursgate.com/
Reply Quote
me too bro

can't wait
Reply Quote
This is way old news. Unfortunately the enhancements you think it will have are not what it will be. They are giving BG the same level of graphics that BG2 had which is still inferior to even old games like Neverwinter Nights. It's not going to look pretty unless the word awful follows suit.

The other improvements are mainly just bugfixes and a slight ui update for tablet pcs. Desktop pcs will not be getting any ui changes aside from support of newer hardware platforms. The game itself will not be running at super high resolutions either as the engine itself cannot support them due to the way graphics are implemented into the game. In other words, the game engine will remain the same as original bg, with only the improvements brought with BG2 and whatever they bring for the tablet platforms which probably wont be very much.

This is basically a modded version of BG2 with the original BG story, an extra character and few added sidequest storylines. Hand drawn/painted cutscenes are nice but not what I would call an improvement to the game. Thats just flavor.

I'm not bashing Baldur's Gate, I love that game. I just expected a lot more from a modernization of BG than what is being done. They are doing the same thing for Planescape: Torment depending on how the sales of the BG update goes. While I would buy this one just for the chance of an updated PS:T, I will pass. All the updates they announced as planned for PS:T are already available in the unoffical patch. Mostly just bugfixes and an update for support of newer hardware and software platforms. Those of which are already technically available if you buy your games from GoG. The GoG versions of these awesome old games install just fine on any platform for about half the price of what you will pay these guys for a half-assed update.

Again I'm not bashing here, just trying to add a little bit of perspective for you.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 02:29 PMPosted by perkocett
This is basically a modded version of BG2 with the original BG story, an extra character and few added sidequest storylines. Hand drawn/painted cutscenes are nice but not what I would call an improvement to the game. Thats just flavor.

Actually its 3 new characters and a new adventure. Each new character gets a 4 hour quest line and the new adventure is 6 hours of gameplay.

So that is about 18 hours of new gameplay which isn't bad for you $20.
Reply Quote
My memories of Doom3 where awesome but if I went back to it now, it would be awful. I have a feeling BG2 will be the same deal.

I loved many aspects of BG2. One of my all time fav's. I just don't want to ruin that memory.

The idea of waking up those sleeping dragons to get their treasure was one of the best and scariest gaming moments of my life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]