Diablo® III

Act 3 keywarden

As a WW barb, there is no point in doing Act 3 key runs with a team. The illusion health scales up with more people. Maybe if everyone was a WW barb it would work, but with any ranged people in the team, the fight goes to crap. The illusions scatter and chase other people in the team. I highly recommend solo farming this key - it is so much easier solo than in a group because you can bunch up the illusions and leech life/fury from them.

I think in general the illusionist affix is out of control in mutliplayer games.

Anyone have suggestions for farming this key quickly with a group? Maybe a specific spec for farming this key? Maybe seismic slam would be better for this guy?
Reply Quote
the act 3 warden doesnt seem like its scaled well with the monster power. I only farm on mp5, and he is way tougher than the other key wardens ive experienced
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Jim
Anyone have suggestions for farming this key quickly with a group?

Keep him on stairs, even if it means sacrificing yourself. His AOE dmg and illusions are much more manageable while he's on stairs.
Reply Quote
View profile
I dunno how this works in a group but someone suggested pulling him to stairs. He becomes faceroll easy if you can do it. He stopped popping illusion on the stairs, or he just died so quickly he was between cooldowns.

Worth a shot if you haven't done this.
Reply Quote
I don't have much trouble with him on mp10 and lower, i think rend-bloodlust destroys him and his illusions, more illusions more life leech !
Reply Quote
I pull him on tight spaces so I dont have to chase his illusions in big circles and instead make them eat tornadoes in a straight line. Striaght line also makes it easier to avoid the AoE.
Reply Quote
Everything I am reading here indicates that solo is the way to go with this guy. Whenever I try to talk strategy in game, it's like people lose the ability to read and comprehend.

So I will stick to solo-ing this guy and pull him over to stairs or some other cramped platform before using WotB. The only way to do this guy in co-op seems to be with a stun heavy build that also has ranged damage options.
Reply Quote
How can you solo if friends keep joining your game? Does do-not-disturb prevent anyone from entering your game?
Reply Quote
YEs you NEED to kite him into a zone that helps YOU.

He does masive AOE freeze and damage, splits into 7 and is an all around prick.

Kite him to stairs or ontop one of those many small spaces and proceed to execute this scumbag.

If you fight him out in the open, he is going to take you to school.
Reply Quote
10/19/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Deltmi
How can you solo if friends keep joining your game? Does do-not-disturb prevent anyone from entering your game?

take off your quick join.

@Jim

i had trouble with him on MP4... died a few times... but i have yet to test out the stairs strategy. I find the ice spell where he drops the bodies quite painful.

Add me if you wanna do some key runs. I need more a2 keys and the plans :)

joefrow#1435.
Reply Quote
4-player MP5 group I just press 1 2 4 and hold right click on him. Not trying to make it sound super easy but any move you can hold-click is really nice as you'll always target the real one when the illusions pop.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
when leveling up as mp4-5 this fight is retarded, its so much harder than bosses/rares/elites. he hits so hard im basivly dead before i can close in on him USING LEAP! such an annoying an unbalanced fight seems to scale like !@#$ on mp1+

this wasnt tested at all with lower level characters, of that im pretty sure
Edited by necrofobic#2796 on 10/21/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stairs. On MP5/6 I just pull him to the stairs and go ape-S on him. Sometimes I die, most of the time I can live thru his crap because his illusions pop and then fill me back up.
Reply Quote
10/21/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Dyz
Stairs. On MP5/6 I just pull him to the stairs and go ape-S on him. Sometimes I die, most of the time I can live thru his crap because his illusions pop and then fill me back up.

this, i always make sure to pull him onto the stairs so i can ww through all his adds at once
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone -- stairs are the key. Also, switching spec to include rend helps a lot too. Rend can tag the illusions and kill them, whereas WW relies on the illusions staying in one spot. A shield is also really good for this guy -- you can block the corpse rain.

I also am switching away from WW spec for key farming. The single target damage of hammer is so much better that it actually speeds up the run time even though you lose the sprint move speed. WW spec does pretty poor single target damage.
Reply Quote
the ww spec isn't too bad on single targets... if they aren't moving too much, you can usually keep up WW just spinning on them as I think they have a bigger hit box.
Reply Quote
At best, WW does 145% + 60% x4 = 385% weapon damage on a single target. If you switch to bash:onslaught or punish, you can get a bit more damage per second briefly - until the tornadoes die.

Hammer build is 403% weapon damage with an added 24% crit AND 24% buff from pash/punish. So you are looking at ~50% more damage overall. It is a huge increase and I recommend anyone with WW gear to check it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]