Diablo® III

ACT 2 keywarden key drop rate bug

i have made many attempts on MP 5 and i seem to get 1 key for 10 trys at this rate i may as well be doing MP0 perhaps u could verify the drop rate is 50% as it is suposed to be for all classes and all the hidden RNG stuff u got going.
Reply Quote
I have done him a ton as well, can't do MP5 only up to MP2 but I'd think after 20+ tries I'd have gotten a key by now....if I were rolling a 5 sided dice I'd expect to roll a 5 at least once every 10 rolls.

Anyone know if using a MF totem before downing him would help?
Reply Quote
This might be a dumb question, but are you both getting 5 neph stacks first?
Reply Quote
of course...if I only needed to down the keyward without stacks I'd go at higher MP
Reply Quote
not a dumb question since many seem to not bother to read up b4 whineing but yes i always get 5 stacks firstf
Reply Quote
i've done an insane amount of runs on mp3 and no key... i actually don't think it can possibly drop for me
Reply Quote
i could not kill sokar in act 2 ML1
sokar stayed at 1% health and would not die
Reply Quote
12 MP3 runs and 2 MP4 runs at full 5 NV stacks and haven't gotten a single key/plans drop yet.
Reply Quote
I've done a ton of runs as well, the other 2 keys dropped pretty quickly for me. I wasn't sure if I was just having bad luck but it seems other people are running into the same problem
Reply Quote
I just did 20 runs in act 2 on MP4 and only got 1 key. And yes I had 5 stacks. I'm checkpointed in the Vault of the Assassins so I can get 5 quick stacks, maybe there's some sort of penalty for doing that.

I got 3 keys in 8 runs in Act 3, so that seemed normal.
Reply Quote
Same experience here, 1 key in 20 runs.

Later I tried to remove my follower weapon to make sure that the follower wouldn't give the last hit. 4 keys in 6 tries.

Still possible to be only coincidence, but make a try.
Reply Quote
ma follower has squat for dps he never gets last blow he is for mf only and odd heal hes lucky to even be alive for last blow lol. i have notices a simular issue with act 3 boss key drops too though not quite as bad as act 2 i think. i have heard of act 2 boss bugging out i have never had it happen but from the ppl who post im guessint it happens becuase u get killing blow as he is doing the whirling dervish thing. i have seen that the boss is actualy an overlay of a smaller dervish when doing the spinning thing im guessing the bug is in the spin. try killing him after he spins as a wis i cant stand near him when he dose that anyway so i run in and out on him and have never seen the bug.
Reply Quote
I have run this boss 15 times at mp5 and still not one key drop. I thought mp5 was 50% chance to drop key. I think the drop rate is bugged. I understand probability and know that yes its possible I miss roll every time, but at 15 times in a row, thats a long shot to miss roll that many times in a row.
Reply Quote
The act 2 keywarden is definitely bugged. I'm 0/8 today in MP3...and I probably downed him at least 5 times earlier in the week (all MP3) without a single key drop. I realize actual drop rates will vary and not be an exact 3 out of every 10...but this isn't even close.

and just for the record, I did have a full 5 stacks of Neph valor each run
Edited by Azmodaguar#1924 on 12/9/2012 6:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posting because I've had horrible drop rates with Act 2 warden too.

I've done like 10+ MP4 runs and only got 1 key.

Act I is a little better I think.

Definitely doesn't feel 10-100% for MP 1-10 (a Blue post a while ago confirmed they're supposed to be 10% per level, so at MP4, it should be 40%).

And yes, this is after 5 stacks of valor.
Reply Quote
I don't have problem with keys at all, you are just unlucky.
Reply Quote
@ MP5 I seem to have no trouble in Acts 1 and 3.... dropped everytime 4 times in a row for each. Act 2 dropped 2 out of five... Is there any chance this key is just more difficult to acquire through some reduced drop rate?? I know it should be 50% but this just seems ridiculous. 0_o
Reply Quote
here is my penny:

act 1 key = 1 attempt at MP3
act 2 key = 1 attempt at MP3
act 4 plan = 2 attempts at MP3
act 3 key = 25+ (no longer counting) attempts and no key at MP3
act 3 key = 1 attempt at MP6

weird huh?

As of now, when farming act 3 MP3 I just go and kill the warden for the loot. (did at least 10 runs in the last few days and no key what so ever).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]