Diablo® III

Move my Banner in Bastion's Keep please

When I start a game in the Keep or step out of my town portal I often walk right into it and have to click out of achievements. Move it to the other side of the quest portal please.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We have been seeing feedback on this topic and agree that in Bastions Keep the location of the players banner and Town Portal may be a little too close. We’re currently looking at possible options and adjusting the position of player banners in Act III (just like your suggestion) is one, or even moving the portal itself.
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Grimiku
We have been seeing feedback on this topic and agree that in Bastions Keep the location of the players banner and Town Portal may be a little too close. We’re currently looking at possible options and adjusting the position of player banners in Act III (just like your suggestion) is one, or even moving the portal itself.

Would it be possible to add an option to just shut banners off if a player chooses?
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Otis

Would it be possible to add an option to just shut banners off if a player chooses?
\

+1 to both OP and the guy above me!
Reply Quote
move the portal close to the merchant in the upper left hand side for convenience
Reply Quote
+1 good point & suggestion

this would obviously affect both acts 3 & 4

i think perhaps they could move the portal closer to the southeast side, near the followers & healer?

sometimes i like to portal back and hit the healer, and the vendor with potions who can repair me is right there, and i can checkout my followers quicker to see if i found them an upgrade, if the portal were in this location.

it would be a bit less convenient to the waypoint, but I would be willing & happy to accept that if it makes the experience more enjoyable for all.
Reply Quote
i like them where they are
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Otis

I like this idea best, no need to show that banner in Single Player.
Reply Quote
When I start a game in the Keep or step out of my town portal I often walk right into it and have to click out of achievements. Move it to the other side of the quest portal please.

Seriously? Like there's no other, more pressing issues?

I for one never had any problem with the banners, and I probably have a smaller monitor than most of you. (17" CRT )
Reply Quote
Its too close, just thought the same yesterday.
Reply Quote
Either which way u move the portal, you still gotta walk a small distance between JC/Vendor and Heals/Followers. Originally, I think the portal was perfect where it was because it covers half the distance already instead of walking across map.

But, what I would suggest is to relocate the followers closer to the JC/Vendor in the upper left hand corner. BS/Trunk is a half distant walk from both. But, the BS for now is not really widely utilized in the game. So, ideally, relocate portal/followers to upper left.

Although, (and it just hit me as I took a swig of my coffee), why not have them in a horizontal line all together so it's a one stop shop..no walk needed.

BS>JC>Vendor/Healer>Followers>Portal (spawn in front/left/right of them)

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Really? Out of all the problems in the game you choose this? Are people seriously complaining about this?! I've never had a problem with seeing the banners or their location, its kind-of the least of my concerns.

FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS
Reply Quote
I do see this as a "lazy subject" for ppl with just mouse clicking, and I'm sure that I'm going back on my last post, but it's just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 03:24 AMPosted by Grimm

Seriously? Like there's no other, more pressing issues?

I for one never had any problem with the banners, and I probably have a smaller monitor than most of you. (17" CRT )

True it is a minor issue but that also means a quick fix - can be as simple as changing a few numbers in spawn coordinates for the banner. Whereas, most other issues tend to require more tweaking, balancing, and debugging...
Reply Quote
I am in complete disbelief. Out of everything that needs modified or tweaked in this game, the location of the town portal in proximity to the banners is highlighted at top of the forums. How about all the thousands of concerns that pertain to actual game play, instead of someone clicking in the wrong spot.

Yes it is annoying some times, but compared to the rest of the issues with each different Act and each different class in this game i would think this would be at the very bottom of the to do list.

Not downing the person the brought up the concern, I'm just astonished to what blizzard actually comments on and says their looking into.
Reply Quote
Nobody cares about some freaking banners, I've spent a total of 2 minutes customizing and I was done with it forever. Stop shoving it in our faces like the moronic cutscenes.
Reply Quote
Having the option to shut off banners would be GREAT especially in single player games. I know people were whining about not being able to change the banner during game play but I find it annoying to have it in single player mode. In multi-player, it is useful and should be there due to the purpose it serves but yes, Bastion's keep is a bit crowded in that area.
Reply Quote
Delete Banners from the game completely. Its useless and probably only useful during PVP which is coming in the near future, wait that isn't true unless the near future is like a year from now.
Reply Quote
How about putting the portal next to a merchant so I can sell then continue finding loot asap.
Also, repairs. :)
Reply Quote
Read my post above ^^^

Edited by Ipwnkidneys#1245 on 10/25/2012 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]