Diablo® III

Act 3 Key Warden drop rate, unbalanced?

I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the act 3 key warden seems to have a much lower drop chance for its key? I run my acts on MP5 and have no issues getting the other keys. I just ran act 3 warden 7 times ( yes with 5 stacks of neph) and got 1 key, on the 6th time. Other people in trade chat at the time are voicing the same issues... Can someone tell me if it is supposed to be a different drop rate, or broken, or just Terrible RNG luck?
Reply Quote
see... i think its just RNG because i have alot of issue with the act 2 one,... the act 3 one dropped after 3 run in MP4

while the act 2 key didnt drop after like 8 run i still dont ahve it -_-
Reply Quote
anybody ever flip a coin and come up heads 5 times straight?

APPARENTLY NOT ON THIS FORUM!
Reply Quote
Rng ive had the best luck on 3 and 1, and terribad luck at 2
RNG is RNg Managed 3 keys in a row at mpl 4 on act 3... Sorry for your bad luck but rng is rng. I went 3 attempts at mp 5 in a row w/o ring component off magdha and sk, but had 3 copies of the other 2.

Think of a coin flip if i flip a coin 100 times it doesnt mean im necesarily gonna get 50 heads and 50 tails. If you repeated infinite times it would certainly average out towards that, since one roll is not influenced by the previous rolls.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 10/18/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RNG, got drop on first kill MP3 on act 1,3 and 4 (YES!, getting 5 stacks a4 is a !@#$%), but act2 took me 7 kills.
Reply Quote
seem balanced most of the time our party, runs act 1, 2 then 3 and repeat.

after making 5 machines my keys are about even, 2-2-1

i keep at least 1 key to keep them organized.

uber boss drops on the other hand, after 2 rings
i'm 2-2-0
need the eye from sb zk
Reply Quote
at MP5 it took me 7 tries to get 1 key in act 1.
at mp5 it took me 1 try to get 1 key on act 2.
at mp5 it took me 1 try to get 1 key on act 3.

And this is what will blow your mind.

at mp1 it took my friend 1 try to get a key on act 2!

Therefore clearly it drops 100% of the time in act 2 regardless of MP and your chances in act 1 are just terrible unless you have mp10!

I just LOVE circumstantial evidence!
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:01 AMPosted by roostertech
RNG, got drop on first kill MP3 on act 1,3 and 4 (YES!, getting 5 stacks a4 is a !@#$%), but act2 took me 7 kills.

Off topic, but as a heads up..

There have been one or two improvements to act 4.
Previously there was only one of the 4 instances that popped a rare pack on the way out, now they can pop in the other instances, or at least one other one for sure. Also proper resplendent chests can also spawn in the instances which give a stack.

I've known 4 packs to spawn in GoH t2 zone itself, add to that the 4 instances that can pop, of which I've personally seen 3 at once (maybe 4 but can't swear) then there's a good chance to just port to GoH t2, go through the zone and be stacked up as you leave, to the zone where the keydude is.

If not at 5 then you will get topped up in the keydudes zone.
Reply Quote
It's weird that's for sure. I dunno if it's RNG or bugged or whatever. I've been running A3 key runs 6-7hrs for 2 days and still haven't dropped yet. It's supposed to be a 5% drop rate which is a hell of a lot better than legendaries but I've seen more legendaries than that key lol
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:15 AMPosted by speedforce
It's weird that's for sure. I dunno if it's RNG or bugged or whatever. I've been running A3 key runs 6-7hrs for 2 days and still haven't dropped yet. It's supposed to be a 5% drop rate which is a hell of a lot better than legendaries but I've seen more legendaries than that key lol

With your dps, why not at least run MP2-3. The time to complete a farm run will be similar because of the bottleneck of how fast you can run, and your chances of getting a key drop will be 4-6x higher.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:15 AMPosted by speedforce

I have experienced the same thing, I have done about 5 Act 3 Alk runs and always stop at keywarden before leaving, haven't got one key to drop on MP3...Will have to keep on trying...
Reply Quote
anybody ever flip a coin and come up heads 5 times straight?

APPARENTLY NOT ON THIS FORUM!

According to these forums, distribution using exceedingly small sample sizes is always perfect. Duh.
Reply Quote
I got the keys on ACT 1 and 3 on the very 1st try, Act 2s been very stingy though.
Reply Quote
ive been doing mp4 for act 3 keys and out of 20+ runs have still not had one drop. act 1 on the other hand mp5 ive had 1 drop out of about 5 games on mp5. act 2 i have had 3 drop from around 5 games on mp4. judging by the comments here it looks like everyone just has their own act that doesnt like to drop for them
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 11:20 AMPosted by r3born

With your dps, why not at least run MP2-3. The time to complete a farm run will be similar because of the bottleneck of how fast you can run, and your chances of getting a key drop will be 4-6x higher.
Took your suggestion, updated some of my items to DPS gear instead of MF gear and I have the last 2 keys now, yay! I used MP3 for Act 3's key, was a pain, but had to be done. Did MP2 for Act 2's key and took me 4 runs to get that one.
Reply Quote
after my horrrrrible streak i changed to mp5 and got 5 keys in a row. went 2 runs without one after then got another on the 8th for my 2 sets
Reply Quote
u and ur crazy logic
Reply Quote
yesterday 11 runs in a row to get 1 key at mp4 (last run) ACT3
today, 6 runs 1 key last run mp4. ACT2

mp4 = 40% chnace

I did 17 runs to get 2 keys, it is more likely 10%!!
Blizad did NOT his job. They claim drop rate and we get waste of our time. LIAR LIAR.

Same for UBER at mp5+
And the loot? Worse than ever: i trashed all the legendaries. UBER MP7 drop like cr-ap!
Reply Quote

mp4 = 40% chnace

No. everybody makes this mistake.
Here is the official tab for monster health/dmg/xp/MF/GF/BONUS droprate;
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/
Edited by Offender#2855 on 10/21/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did 30 runs for the third key and still no luck, although with the other keys and the plan had no problems. Cannot believe I'm struggling like this.
WTF?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]