Diablo® III

Act 3 Key Warden drop rate, unbalanced?

...I have an issue where I think the keywarden itself is unbalanced.. that blizzard-like skill slows me and I can't escape, ever
Reply Quote

mp4 = 40% chnace

No. everybody makes this mistake.
Here is the official tab for monster health/dmg/xp/MF/GF/BONUS droprate;

Morons like this guy are the reason we have these threads every day....

The key drop rates are !@#$ing seperate from everything else in the game.

And they are based on the MP level you are playing on.

5% for MP0

10% for MP1

20% for MP2

30% for MP3

See where I'm going w/ this??

40% for MP4

50% for MP5

60% for MP6

Get it now?

70% for MP7

80% for MP8

90% for MP9

100% for MP10.

This has been stated by Blizzard, to be a FACT. And they have posted... and repeated themselves... many times.....

Sadly.... so many of you are %^-*ing retards..... and just don't understand.

And here is just the MOST RECENT post on this.... there have been many more by blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6935293903#7
Edited by Towelie on 10/21/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

mp4 = 40% chnace

No. everybody makes this mistake.

Wrong. Read the fine print below the Inferno chart: "For players in Inferno participating in the Infernal Machine event, Monster Power will also increase the drop chance for Keywarden Keys and Demonic Organ Pieces by 10% for each MP level, all the way up to 100% at MP 10." so MP4 does = 40%

I have the worst "luck" in a3. I just did 4 runs on MP5 and got 0 keys. I consistently get the a1 and a2 keys on the first try on MP5.
Edited by Luckyiam#1339 on 10/21/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Got lucky in act3 (one run). Terrible luck in act 2. mp4 5 times and mp5 2 times end up with no key.
Reply Quote
I have done over 100 key runs all 3 acts on MP5. had 9 keys to show for it.
Then did all 3 sets of ubers MP5 and got no organs.
cant take much more...
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Piousqd
I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the act 3 key warden seems to have a much lower drop chance for its key? I run my acts on MP5 and have no issues getting the other keys. I just ran act 3 warden 7 times ( yes with 5 stacks of neph) and got 1 key, on the 6th time. Other people in trade chat at the time are voicing the same issues... Can someone tell me if it is supposed to be a different drop rate, or broken, or just Terrible RNG luck?

0.5^7 = 0.0078125

If I round that up to 0.008, then 1 in every 125 player is afflicted with "7 runs on mp5 with no key."
Reply Quote
13 runs on mp5 act one = 1 key
4 runs mp7 act 1 = 1 key
12 runs mp5 act 2 = 2 keys

This is just one day of this for me, but I would not be surprised if there were some bugs with the drop rates...
Reply Quote
I have tried 29 times so far on act 1 mp1/mp2 and nothing. i can not go higher than mp2 and live.
Reply Quote
anybody ever flip a coin and come up heads 5 times straight?

APPARENTLY NOT ON THIS FORUM!

I did better. Flipped the MP4 key random generator 5 times and got 5 keys in a row.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me... I got a total of 5 keys yesterday (act 1=2, act 2=2, act 3=1). Acts 1 and 2 took a few times and Act 3 took way longer. I ended on act 3 and had like 7 runs with no luck and thats where I left off.
Reply Quote
Act I MP5 - One try to get a key to drop.
Act II MP5 - Five tries to get a key to drop.
Act III MP5 - Seven tries to get a key to drop.
Act IV MP5 - Yet to be determined.
Reply Quote
I almost always get a key on MP7. Of course none of this matters, for two reasons. Nobody has farmed him enough to come up with statistically significant findings. Anyone who thinks they have demonstrated that the drop rate is "unbalanced" is ignorant. And second, you don't need a Hellfire ring to play the game. If he won't drop for you at low MP, suck it up and farm instead. You have a decent shot of looting a rare ring with better stats than a Hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
@Offender

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893750712#12
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
10/18/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Piousqd
I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the act 3 key warden seems to have a much lower drop chance for its key? I run my acts on MP5 and have no issues getting the other keys. I just ran act 3 warden 7 times ( yes with 5 stacks of neph) and got 1 key, on the 6th time. Other people in trade chat at the time are voicing the same issues... Can someone tell me if it is supposed to be a different drop rate, or broken, or just Terrible RNG luck?

Geez... People and RNG. It's like they have no clue. I did alot of key runs this weekend. MP5. I'd say it was definitely 50% drop rate.
Reply Quote
I have collected twice as many act 3 keys as any other act.
Reply Quote
For me its A1 which wont get me much, at A2 and A3 i got every key on MP3 almost every second run, somtimes even 2 in a row, got the plan from A4 also twice in a row because we were farming it with a 4-men party.

the others wont get here much, others there, this is really just a randomchance...
Reply Quote
I had a lot of trouble with Act II myself.

MP5 = 50% chance.

6 runs without a drop. That's not 50%. That's bull!@#$%.
Reply Quote
I had a lot of trouble with Act II myself.

MP5 = 50% chance.

6 runs without a drop. That's not 50%. That's bull!@#$%.

I got 5 in a row at MP5.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934954486
5 hours
Reply Quote
According to this, the true drop rates at MP5 are between 2.6% and 51.3% based on your results and sample size. Seems legit.

http://vassarstats.net/prop1.html

Unlucky, but not statistically significant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]