Diablo® III

Act 3 Key Warden drop rate, unbalanced?

Wait! you need 5 stacks of NV for a chance for the organs to drop? I thought that was just for the keys. Wow, that's a lot of Infernal Machines I have wasted.
Reply Quote
I seem to have pretty good luck, have had a few times where I got all 3 keys in less then 20 minutes on mp5. I think the worse streak I've been on is 3 runs with no key on Act 1. On another note, the vengeful eyes from ubers are piling up without the other 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomwFfeoKT4
Reply Quote
I have definitely had the worst luck with the Act 3 warden even though I wouldn't say I've had bad luck with him.

I've gone 2/2 on Act 1 (MP2, MP5)
1/1 in act 2 (MP4)
1/4 in Act 3 (MP2 3x = 0 drop, MP4 = drop)
Reply Quote
Act 3 seem bugged.
Reply Quote
I hear ppl crying about not getting keys from Key warden. Just funny that everyone seems like want to get a key everytime they kill key warden, if this is what you want why don't you guys ask Blizzard to take the Monster Level away and have the key warden to drop a key when you walk to them without even killing it ? LOL Problem solve !!! There are no "Free Lunch" guys you didn't get a key/set/legendary because you have "NO LUCK" (Laugh)

And people report there is bug when they didnt' get a key off from a key warden LOL. Let me ask you guys, did you farm that in MP10 ? If you saying you didn't get a key from MP10 then there is a bug, if not, again you have "NO LUCK" (Laugh)
Edited by bSNeXxT#1634 on 10/22/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i have like 20 IMs the keys drop just fine
Reply Quote
You guys want to experience real frustration with RNG? Play poker :)
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Matthew
Key drops aren't the frustrating part for me. I have control over what key warden I go after. Having no control over what portal spawn I get after putting in so much time to get the infernal machine and then ending up with the wrong one is the frustrating part. No organ drop is insult to injury.
Play on MP10.
Farm 3 machines first, then you're gauranteed to get ALL the portals in a single game.

You do have control over it, you just don't wish to use your control.
Reply Quote
I farm at mp7-8 and they still sometimes take forever to drop :(
Reply Quote
The RNG is bad for me.
27 MP1 runs and 6 MP2 runs for the plan in act 4.
18 MP2 act 2 runs for 2 keys.

MP1 and MP2 are low yield with 10% and 20% chance to drop keys respectively.
I wouldn't count on much luck doing it at those levels...
Reply Quote
Tinfoil hat: MP5 is glitched, 6 runs no keys... really? That's 50%, try flipping a join, and see if you can get 6 heads in a roll. I switched to MP4, i got 3 keys in a roll O_o
Reply Quote
I hope I am one of the few having real bad luck streaks at mp4 because the rest would be doing just fine according to law of probability.
Reply Quote
anybody ever flip a coin and come up heads 5 times straight?

APPARENTLY NOT ON THIS FORUM!
Reply Quote
I hv 5 run on MP5 each Keywarden, around 3 of 5 times key was drop... Uber boss organ drop rate 70% for MP5 XD
Reply Quote
RNG sucks hard.

6 machines resulted in two fangs (yes, two of the exact same pieces)...

MP4++ A1 has yielded two keys in 10+ runs.

Groovy stuff. I hate it.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the act 3 key warden seems to have a much lower drop chance for its key? (...) Can someone tell me if it is supposed to be a different drop rate, or broken, or just Terrible RNG luck?

The Keywardens all have the same innate drop rates. So, as some players in this thread have already mentioned, the variation you're experiencing is due simply to the nature of RNG. The only MP strength in which the keys and organs are guaranteed to drop if you have a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor is MP10 (100% drop chance). Lylirra also posted a bit more about MP and keys [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893750712#12"]here[/url].

Ok so they all have the same INNATE drop rates. Do all the keywardens have the same modified drop rates correctly corresponding to the assumed difficulty? (does warden 3 actually drop 50% of the time on mp5?)

Is the nature of the RNG skewed?

Is 100% working correctly but not the others?

Just to clarify.
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 10/22/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hear ppl crying about not getting keys from Key warden. Just funny that everyone seems like want to get a key everytime they kill key warden, if this is what you want why don't you guys ask Blizzard to take the Monster Level away and have the key warden to drop a key when you walk to them without even killing it ? LOL Problem solve !!! There are no "Free Lunch" guys you didn't get a key/set/legendary because you have "NO LUCK" (Laugh)

And people report there is bug when they didnt' get a key off from a key warden LOL. Let me ask you guys, did you farm that in MP10 ? If you saying you didn't get a key from MP10 then there is a bug, if not, again you have "NO LUCK" (Laugh)

Or make it so they keys are gaurenteed drops. But you need 20 of each key to craft it.

MP1 gives you 1 key. MP 3 gives you 3 keys. Everything after 5 gives double so 6 would give 12, 7 would give 14. And make it so mp10 gives triple for 30 keys.
Edited by Dirtpoor#1202 on 10/22/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, I think Blizzard is lying through their teeth. I think each player has an assigned act where the odds of getting a drop is lower than the others. There's no way in hell that so many people have the same issue (one particular act have WAY lower drop rates than the other two).

Anyway, my sample is still small from a statistics point of view but soon enough, I'll reach 30 runs and I'm quite sure I'll be considerably below the statistical average for the assigned mp. Time will tell.
Reply Quote
i got it on my second run with 3MP.

....and that's the beauty of working RNG system. Yes, and inna pants drop for me with far better stats after I spent ++Mils for them on AH
Edited by RayB677#2550 on 10/23/2012 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]