Diablo® III

Act 3 Key Warden drop rate, unbalanced?

Been farming Act 2 on Mp 3/4 for the past 11 hours, takes around 10 minutes a run. I've gotten 2 keys. 1st key was on the 16th kill, second on the 18th. That was about 3 hours in. Haven't seen a key for the past 8 hours, so you can assume it's like 0/48 at MP3. I saw some one earlier say, "That guy who get 0/29 at MP5 is one of thirty thousand, sucks to be that guy"

Well, I'd say for every perfect Calamity that drops somebody is being key screwed for 0/50, because they seem to have even chances :P

That being said, I did get 6 keys from 10 kills on the act 3 warden on MP2.

I guess if RNG is kind enough to hand out godly gear, it's also evil enough to key screw people, but I suppose that's how it works.
Reply Quote
yeah i'm having the same luck with the keys and the Leoric signet... done more than 50 runs and NOTHING!!!.... WTF!!... 5stack and the whole works... this is bull... im pretty sure there is got to be a bug!...
Reply Quote
All rng algorithms are not the same and I suspect that the Blizzard version pulls a variable from something static like your character or account name or the server clock that can cause certain players to have extremely "clumped" distribution. This is probably unintentional, but if you want a bunch of people to flood in here and make tinfoil hat jokes, or if you studied any psych or cogsci, you can take note that creating "hot streaks" in any reward system is a much better way to foster addictive behavior. :)
Reply Quote
terrible luck, took me 15 tries on act 4 mp5 for plans to drop. as for act 3 warden, hes dropped a key 7/10 times. (once on mp1 with my alt) all just luck
Reply Quote
7runs, 15runs is too small of a sample set, but for most yes it seems unfair if you get no key drop in consecutive games.

I did mp6 uber portals, six of them without getting a single organs; then another time mp6, I got 6 organs out of 6 portals. Go figure.
Reply Quote
Act 3 drops all the time for me. It's act2 that never drops. I MUST run act2 on mp10 for a key. 7-8 almost never drop me a key.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
2305
since i started playing diablo again to help a friend out with key runs i've gotten:

Act 1 (MP6) - 0 keys in 12 runs
Act 2 (MP6) - 0 keys in 25 runs
Act 3 (MP6) - 0 keys in 3 runs

i only need a key from act 2 to make a machine, my friend i was running them with has 6 act 2 keys, 3 act 1 keys and 1 act 3 key lol.

WHY RNG Why!!!!
Reply Quote
since i started playing diablo again to help a friend out with key runs i've gotten:

Act 1 (MP6) - 0 keys in 12 runs
Act 2 (MP6) - 0 keys in 25 runs
Act 3 (MP6) - 0 keys in 3 runs

i only need a key from act 2 to make a machine, my friend i was running them with has 6 act 2 keys, 3 act 1 keys and 1 act 3 key lol.

WHY RNG Why!!!!


That is not RNG, that is statistically impossible. The chance of getting a key at MP6 is 60%. Chance of not getting a key is 40%, which is what happened. In 40 runs, the chance is 0.4^40, or 8,271,806,125,530,276 to 1.

You must have not been getting 5 NV stacks before killing the KW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]