Diablo® III

Goldspammers: When will you deal with them?

Seriously Blizzard. Enough is enough already. Since day 1, there is goldspamming on chats and pretty much everywhere. Even PM's and friend's invitations. Why can't you do anything about it? You know this is happening. Everyone else knows it. Even the forums get flooded with this. When will you do anything?

The solution isn't even hard, and could even trick these spammers.

The best and simplest solution is right here: Filter words, but don't let anyone know you're filtering them. As in, if someone says "www.insertgoldsellingwebsitehere.com", or adds anyone with that as a message, etc etc, you stealth block them for an hour and don't let the message/friend add go through. You allow them to keep sending messages, but only they can see what they are sending. No one else sees, since they are stealth muted.

This mute should be automatic, however, not permanent, to avoid blocking legit players that said that for whatever reason.

You guys probably got enough reports in already to know what websites get spammed - make it happen.

There is no harm in this measure, and it fixes a very annoying issue, which is also a big part of why people don't go in General, Trade and other chats ingame, since it is very [removed] annoying to be chatting with someone, and all of a sudden, an enormous message occupying 2x the chat size, in all caps, gets spammed several times, and you can't chat anymore.

It's about time something gets done Blizz. It's not hard, it will please the players too. Do it.
Edited by Vaeflare on 10/22/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
This thread needs more bumps.
Reply Quote
go play diablo 2
its worse there

get used to it
Reply Quote
What really sucks is that I have filled up my blocklist with spammers and I can't add any more to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really!!!!!!!!!

At least give us a fighting chance!! Increase the blocklist to like 10,000!!!
Reply Quote
But always online will prevent Goldspammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fail.
Reply Quote
*Yawn* Trivial to bypass.

Setup 2 accounts, send messages to 2nd, listen to 2nd to verify reception, then retransmit. Rinse repeat until filter bypassed.
Reply Quote
I been reporting them and didnt realise that the general chat is for softcore and hardcore players. And dunno how many i can ignored, if this get out of control i will stop playing and that why i quit playing Diablo II in the first place.
Reply Quote
Why can't you do anything about it?

What do you expect them to do? People buy an account, spam the crap out of it, and buy another one when the original acct gets banned. Just cost of doing business.

Only way you can stop it is by limiting people under a certain level from friending people or sending messages to chat groups, which prohibits legit players from playing.

THINK about it before making a post about it.

Did you even read the thread?

Think before you post.

--------------------------

Also, I know Diablo II was worse. But it was hard to control in Diablo II, since bots would just join games. In here, you need to be at least level 50ish to join a public game, and they don't even try to get so high only to spam. The problem can only be seen in these 2 forms: Public Chats and friend invites. And all this can be fixed by putting in a simple filter or block, when X or Y word gets said. It's not all that hard.
Edited by Skazord#2563 on 10/22/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We certainly understand that the activities of gold spammers can negatively impact everyone's gameplay experience. Rest assured, though, that even if we don't explicitly call it out, we're actively investigating and actioning gold-spammers on a regular basis.

The best thing you can do about gold spammers both in-game and on the forums is to report them so that the proper teams can investigate those reports. Doing so allows us to hone in on problematic players so that we can take appropriate action against offending accounts.
Reply Quote
Whenever I come back from a break I have like 10+ friend requests from some gold spammer site from multiple accounts. I report them all for spam.

Wonder if they ever get looked at.
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
We certainly understand that the activities of gold spammers can negatively impact everyone's gameplay experience. Rest assured, though, that even if we don't explicitly call it out, we're actively investigating and actioning gold-spammers on a regular basis.

The best thing you can do about gold spammers both in-game and on the forums is to report them so that the proper teams can investigate those reports. Doing so allows us to hone in on problematic players so that we can take appropriate action against offending accounts.

It doesn't bother me any.

In fact, I welcome it because no one else invites me to be their friend.

:(

Life is very long when you're lonely.
Edited by Asmodaeus#1438 on 10/22/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have report D3walmart for spamming me with friend requests AT LEAST 100 times, probably much more. How many times does a user have to reported for spam before action is taken?
Reply Quote
Personally I like the idea of being able to set an amount and charge spammers gold to send me a friend request. If I accept their request, they get their gold back, but if I decline their request I keep their gold.

I bet that would stop gold spammers from sending me friend requests pretty quickly.
Reply Quote
I report a gold spammer at least once a daay. Almost all of them point to the same website.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]