Diablo® III

Goldspammers: When will you deal with them?

Really, it's way less than in D2. It does appear that they are working on it.
Reply Quote
How do we actually know action is taken against gold spammers? We need some names and figures.

Would be better if the reports we reported reply us to say like "on this day you reported a gold spammer so today that account has been banned." Something like that would let us know we do make a difference.
Reply Quote
We certainly understand that the activities of gold spammers can negatively impact everyone's gameplay experience. Rest assured, though, that even if we don't explicitly call it out, we're actively investigating and actioning gold-spammers on a regular basis.

The best thing you can do about gold spammers both in-game and on the forums is to report them so that the proper teams can investigate those reports. Doing so allows us to hone in on problematic players so that we can take appropriate action against offending accounts.

What about the 2-3 gold spammers friend requests I report per DAY. How can you handle all that investigation?

I am sure everyone else gets gold spammer friends requests per day and report them too. Thats millions of reports per day. What are you doing to investigate that? There is nothing to investigate! Look at their character names. If it looks like this "byfhbser" THEY ARE A GOLD SPAMMER! Look at the link in their character description. "www.4gold4fool.com" THEY ARE A GOLD SPAMMER!

I have been reporting gold spammers since ive got this game. Dont make me get Fancis from YouTube on your @$$!
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 10/22/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
after a two month hiatus , i logd today to check on the 1.05..
got like 100 friend invitations.
ALL OF THEM GOLD SELLERS
kinda made me sad :/
Reply Quote
Does the report Spam work for Gold Spammers. I notice I use that since I have to write no explanation. Also is there any chance we could get one of those fast report buttons for gold spammers??
Reply Quote
blizzard do nothing about them to give us some D2 nostalgia
Reply Quote
I get friend requests from gold spammers constantly. I quit playing for a month and a half and when I came back I had over 30 friend requests all from gold spammer.

I just report every single one of them as spammers. Every one, every time. Eventually this will make a difference. Too bad I don't get xp for killing these pests.
Reply Quote
Suggestion:
1. Make unavailable for trials sending a friend requests.
2. Chat disabled for trials.
Edited by Pan#2116 on 10/22/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/22/2012 01:41 PMPosted by HubertDavis
I have report D3walmart for spamming me with friend requests AT LEAST 100 times, probably much more. How many times does a user have to reported for spam before action is taken?

But it's not the same character spamming you, is it?

That's the problem. The gold sellers hack an account, strip it of all gold, and then use it to advertise before moving on to the next account. Stopping them would be like trying to shoot a moving target while blindfolded.

Of course, if the playerbase didn't use third party gold sellers, then we wouldn't be innudated with spam.
Reply Quote
block spammers IP address if that IP receive so many reports is one of the solution. They can buy another key, create another char to spam, but they obviously can't change their IP on a monthly basic.
Can bliz detect through some hide IP software or not is beyond me.
Reply Quote
We certainly understand that the activities of gold spammers can negatively impact everyone's gameplay experience. Rest assured, though, that even if we don't explicitly call it out, we're actively investigating and actioning gold-spammers on a regular basis.

The best thing you can do about gold spammers both in-game and on the forums is to report them so that the proper teams can investigate those reports. Doing so allows us to hone in on problematic players so that we can take appropriate action against offending accounts.

Can you offer your stance on gold traders between hardcore and softcore? No community managers ever check on the hardcore forums (or if they do, they don't leave comments or delete the threads).

People are crossing economies, even though Blizzard specifically left a gold auction house and a RMAH out of hardcore. It's ridiculous that players are using the gold they earned (or bought) in softcore, exchanging it for ratios in hardcore usually via botters, and controlling the auction house because they have millions more than the rest of us players who are stupid enough to play the game and earn gold through looting and selling items.

I'd really like an answer to this because to me, it's breaking the ToS/EULA by indirectly introducing a RMAH/gold auction house into hardcore, but maybe I am wrong.
Reply Quote

The gold spammers don't really impact the game play experience in any way... gold botters on the other hand do. With simple methods to get rid of them, such as binding gold to the account, why not do that, and kill many birds with 1 stone?
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I respectfully submit you may want to consider letting your customers see more of what you're doing.

10/22/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Why? I waste time every login reporting spammers, but I never get to that point of logging in and saying, "Hey, no (or even noticeably less) spam. All those reports have paid off!" It looks like you aren't doing anything. I'm sure that's not true, but there just don't ever seem to be any results. If you can't actually fix the problems, at least show us when you action accounts. If you can't stop the spam (or botting, or whatever), at least let us see all the heads on pikes on the city walls.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
How do we actually know action is taken against gold spammers? We need some names and figures.

Would be better if the reports we reported reply us to say like "on this day you reported a gold spammer so today that account has been banned." Something like that would let us know we do make a difference.

While every now and then we will post about particularly hefty account suspension and bans, the actions we take on accounts around the clock aren't widely publicized.

As far as the actions taken against specific accounts or players, that's a private a matter to be dealt with between the account holder and Blizzard, no one else. We will not tell you if someone else's account has been suspended or banned. Keep in mind also that some gold spammers might actually be using compromised accounts, so we endevor to carefully investigate reports so that we can try to do right by legitimate players.
Reply Quote
block spammers IP address if that IP receive so many reports is one of the solution. They can buy another key, create another char to spam, but they obviously can't change their IP on a monthly basic.
Can bliz detect through some hide IP software or not is beyond me.

Even if they can it depends on the ISP the gold sellers are using. Not everyone has static IPs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]