Diablo® III

Goldspammers: When will you deal with them?

No one to blame here really except the people that use these services. If there wasn't a market for it then these scumbags wouldn't be around. Its you that fuels them, Blizzard created a system where everyone can get a piece of the pie but that wasn't good enough, you want the whole pie. You know who you are you douche bags.
Reply Quote
ii want some cupcakes too
Reply Quote
I'd believe the Blizzard response, if this wasn't the second night in a row where a goldspammer bumped a thread every 4 minutes and made it onto the "popular topics" column of this very forum. The thread from last night went on for at least 8 hours, the one tonight is up to 4 hours and counting.

Blizzard says they take gold spam and cheating seriously; but I can log on to any WoW server and find someone botting, I can play a handful of SC2 games and find someone map hacking, and I can log into any reasonably full D3 chat channel and get gold spam.

Actions speak louder than words.
Reply Quote
Gawrsh, any excuse to put the game down will do it seems...
FOR ONE, there is the "block communication" button. SECONDLY, there is the "Report for spam" button! Wow, sorry you lardazzes have to right click report spam up to ten times a day. I am sure that 20 seconds would have been much more productively spent flaming the game on general/trade.

The most simple solution; if you don't like this game, kindly !@#% off, and please, don't let the door hit ya bum on the way out! ;)
Reply Quote
If you over to the "Popular Topics" section on the homepage or the forum site map, a gold spammer has made his gold spam thread the 5th most popular topic.

Sad but hilarious.
Reply Quote
they will never really tackle them... at this very moment in the official blizzard forum site one of the top topics is a gold farmer/bot that advertises third party sites that sell diablo gold... Many reported (me too) but it is still there...

Bots took over the game, the ah, the rmah, and now the official forum....

What's that called blizz? i think it is called ---> umber fail (or you can call it legentary fail)
Edited by Alucard#2567 on 10/24/2012 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
they will never really tackle them... at this very moment in the official blizzard forum site one of the top topics is a gold farmer/bot that advertises third party sites that sell diablo gold... Many reported (me too) but it is still there...

Bots took over the game, the ah, the rmah, and now the official forum....

What's that called blizz? i think it is called ---> umber fail (or you can call it legentary fail)

Look I would not put it past someone doing that just to try to prove that Blizz does nothing about the matter. So then they can get Blizz to do a knee jerk reaction to the matter. Then they come out like gang busters and say anyone gets so much as a single report of a violation it is an instant suspension all the way to perma ban without any way of appealing the matter. This action is without any investigation.

Gold spammers would love such a knee jerk reaction. And so would phishers and everyone else. So that way you would be at the mercy of other players if you did not do what they say. They would get you perma banned for whatever the made up reason.

Also I would not put it past them to get Blizz to publish the battletags and the infractions for all those that action has been taken to prove that they really do take action.

I say Blizz do not even bother to make such reaction you know what you do about the problems. Just keep doing it and fighting it in any manner possible to you. In time the ones on the forums will understand. Except for those that just want their ears tickled or looking for the above knee jerk reactions.
Reply Quote
Simplest solution is to allow us to disable friends requests
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd believe the Blizzard response, if this wasn't the second night in a row where a goldspammer bumped a thread every 4 minutes and made it onto the "popular topics" column of this very forum. The thread from last night went on for at least 8 hours, the one tonight is up to 4 hours and counting.

Blizzard says they take gold spam and cheating seriously; but I can log on to any WoW server and find someone botting, I can play a handful of SC2 games and find someone map hacking, and I can log into any reasonably full D3 chat channel and get gold spam.

Actions speak louder than words.

dont forget the Harassment on WoW me being apart of it with someone spamming me for weeks even though i /ignore they delete/remake the toon & repeat even though i opended tickets i get same crap we will look into it.... right & i can vouch lately in MoP all the 85-89 bgs are now 90% bots theres even a blue post awhile back that they know & theres not much they could do.

just face it blizzard does not care if they make money off it. esp when its gold sellers since a good chunk Pass stuff between RMAH blizzard racks in $$$ no loss for blizzard.

my Battletag gets flooded with Request from theys spammers every day even though i never use publicc games anymore >.<

blizzard just does not care anymore when it comes to money if it loses money they wont ban them or do anything.

what would you do?

for instance So called Gold seller company uses RMAH to trade goods Selling thousands of $$$ a day & only 2-3 people will quit who never use RMAH?

as a manager you would say dont touch them they are racking in tons of $$$ let it flow.

its simple dont ban the people bringing you more cash let the none rmahers leave ;p;
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 02:12 PMPosted by HainKurt
The gold spammers don't really impact the game play experience in any way... gold botters on the other hand do. With simple methods to get rid of them, such as binding gold to the account, why not do that, and kill many birds with 1 stone?

Then they can use trade to transfer gold... say u paid $5 and you will get 10M Gold... they join to your session and u sell a potion for 10M :)

Those can be easily monitored, so they can reduce the supply AND the demand at the same time.
Reply Quote
I don't understand this...it doesn't make sense.
Does it mean, that a gold farmer in the Asia server then invites a character created in the US server and transfers the gold?
Is that even possible?

edit: i thought your name is familiar and checked your profile. damn, you have one amazing hellfire ring.

10/23/2012 08:18 PMPosted by IceQueen
It is because its coming from overseas and they only have so much jurisdiction... They can only stop all the gold spammers the states but they are having alot more trouble with bots and dupes and spammers from the asian end.... This is what i took from the response i got from them on the matter.
Edited by zodiac#1844 on 10/24/2012 6:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Ever heard of Blackstone's Ratio?

"better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"
Reply Quote
good idea is to:

1/make a list of the websites ppl spam
2/make it so that a message with the website gets error and wont go thru
Reply Quote
Why do blizzard even wants to take care of this themselves ?
Most bots I see are spamming the same 4 websites over and over again.

If Blizz would let us, the players, create filters, OUR OWN FILTERS, then it would solve the problem.

It would not only solve the problem on our end ( no more spam) but also
on your end (no more threads like this one).
Edited by Templar#1734 on 10/24/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Marlaine
Only way you can stop it is by limiting people under a certain level from friending people or sending messages to chat groups, which prohibits legit players from playing.

that !
Reply Quote
10/24/2012 08:57 AMPosted by SLeMM
Only way you can stop it is by limiting people under a certain level from friending people or sending messages to chat groups, which prohibits legit players from playing.

that !

Problem with this is that new players are often confused and will ask for help in chat instead of checking options menu or the forums. I still think letting us make our own filters are the way to go.
Reply Quote
Gawrsh, any excuse to put the game down will do it seems...
FOR ONE, there is the "block communication" button. SECONDLY, there is the "Report for spam" button! Wow, sorry you lardazzes have to right click report spam up to ten times a day. I am sure that 20 seconds would have been much more productively spent flaming the game on general/trade.

The most simple solution; if you don't like this game, kindly !@#% off, and please, don't let the door hit ya bum on the way out! ;)

Whalez, you forgot the golden rule with your post..."never go full retard".
Edited by pcjunkie#1409 on 10/24/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still waiting for a feature to auto-disable friend requests!
Reply Quote
Please fix the friend request issue, as logging in to almost a hundred requests+ is not acceptable nor will be tolerated anymore. They are in violation of the TOS and COD that Blizzard itself has laid out, but does NOT enforce. I will no longer log in to spend all my time reporting these idiots (which you can only do a certain number of times before you get 'input limit error') and they blatantly violate Blizzards terms, nor will I pay for expansions or and more content with this simple but major issue continuing. I will return this game for it is not working properly.
Ban these idiots or lose your paying customers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]