Diablo® III

Unsure of the future...

first time poster, long time reader

just looking for advice on how to further my experience playing this game, ive (almost) got all classes up to 60, and short of spending massive amounts of $ in the AH (which i dont have, currently rolling <2M) i dont really know how to progress, any help much appreciated

and I can cope with criticisms of gear and builds etc so dont be shy

Cheers :)

EDIT: ideally i would like to know which of my characters is best set up to move forward, what one needs more work/gear and where to improve
Edited by CRAZYBOB#6800 on 10/22/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
get some paragon levels
lose the blues

have some beers
Reply Quote
Pick a class that you like the most. With the 2M you have, that should be enough to make a char farming act1 infernal easily.

Let me know which class you go for. I will equip you for 2M.
Reply Quote
can i suggest you find a party to play in? it makes the game a far more enjoyable experience
Reply Quote
can i suggest that cooper pale ale are a great beer off the tap and even if you do buy it in stubbies, you can get multibuy 2 cartons for $80.

but pour it into a glass.

or i will come and bash you ay...
Reply Quote
pale ale is horrible, your threats of violence are therefor a result of you drinking dirty a$$ water and will be overlooked
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As others have said, play the character you enjoy the most. You could also play with some people on the forum or with some friends. Maybe try Narull's Aussie Diablo Ventrilo server: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5979090598

Playing in a party is great fun; plus you can save on some repair costs with resurrection.

can i suggest that cooper pale ale are a great beer off the tap and even if you do buy it in stubbies, you can get multibuy 2 cartons for $80.but pour it into a glass.

Not quite on topic, but no doubt an excellent deal to be had.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Playing in a party is great fun; plus you can save on some repair costs with resurrection.

Hmm, didn't know that.
Thanks, still plenty to learn :)
Reply Quote
can i suggest that cooper pale ale are a great beer off the tap and even if you do buy it in stubbies, you can get multibuy 2 cartons for $80.

but pour it into a glass.

or i will come and bash you ay...

while the name implies different, im not crazy enough to start drinking that

but thanks for the replies, for whatever reason ive found my enjoyment lies in order
Monk and Wiz
DH
WD
Barb

BarB bores me to death and the alot of the WD skills seem too situational to be of major use to me i.e casual gamer

maybe its due to those 2 being the first 2 classes i used,hence my perosnal skill level has risen enough since then so i may enjoy the other classes more due to me not sucking so much haha
Reply Quote
barb is the best, gotta thinking aboutb the angles and circles and venn diagrams to approach the triple circle double whirldwind and point of attack.
Reply Quote
Level up your Wiz. I got forstburn, wizard hat and wand that I don't need any more. Maybe you can try out a cold wizard :)
Reply Quote
barb, 2 wiz (frost & slow time) and DH is best combo for defeating all enemies.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 10:42 PMPosted by WNxNiteHawk
Level up your Wiz. I got forstburn, wizard hat and wand that I don't need any more. Maybe you can try out a cold wizard :)

i was actually planning on getting up to 60 with him tonight :)

if anyone wants to add me, crazybob#6800, i'd appreciate any info, farming runs etc

for the record, probably thinking about going shaolin monk style to do runs through act 1, seems i have had most success with him in the past, though i may tinker with some gear, skills and passives
Reply Quote
When you reach inferno, its very gear driven. I too have done all classes save for the WD, still at level 47. I decided on Barb ultimately. I started out as DH but got may !@# whipped because DH are glass cannons, use to play a bow Amazon in D2. For D3 had to go for Barb for survivability.
Reply Quote
first time poster, long time reader

just looking for advice on how to further my experience playing this game, ive (almost) got all classes up to 60, and short of spending massive amounts of $ in the AH (which i dont have, currently rolling <2M) i dont really know how to progress, any help much appreciated

and I can cope with criticisms of gear and builds etc so dont be shy

Cheers :)

EDIT: ideally i would like to know which of my characters is best set up to move forward, what one needs more work/gear and where to improve

Why not try out Hardcore? You would be amazed how permanent death affects your skill selection, itemization, everything. It adds a thrill to the game that Softcore just can't match.

That said, you will never really have that Inferno-brawl experience in HC like the others suggested with a group, but give it a try.
Edited by Requiescat#1416 on 10/23/2012 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ive got a P-Lvl 22 Wizard as a main (Hydra/Blizz FTW). And a 60 Monk, WD, Barb, and a DH on the way.

Gear progression exponentially slows down the higher you progress your gear. I havent found or been able to afford an upgrade in weeks for my Wizard. You will experience this often in this game. Two ways I rejuvenate my interest in the game is:

1) Leveling Alts. I am pretty sad I am about to be done with that though.
2) Progressing through Inferno with said alts.

To answer your question more directly, My alts gear is mostly stuff I found or bought for 300k or less. When I get to 60, I usually play a bit of inferno for some easy upgrades, but when I hit that wall of gear progression, I hit the AH and buy all new gear, setting the max buyout at 300k. You'd be surprised how many good items sell for 100k or less. (Usually results in 8-10 or so good upgrades, for well under 2 million)

So far, I have defeated act 1+2 on MP2 with every Character but the DH :)
I strongly advise getting a simple cheat sheet for what stats roll on what items. It's really helpful to know for instance all the items LOH can roll high on, or that pants and chest are the best pieces to get high vit, or what items get crit rolls. Things like that go a long way in getting cheap gear.

Good Luck :P
Edited by Knite#1576 on 10/23/2012 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ive got a P-Lvl 22 Wizard as a main (Hydra/Blizz FTW). And a 60 Monk, WD, Barb, and a DH on the way.

Gear progression exponentially slows down the higher you progress your gear. I havent found or been able to afford an upgrade in weeks for my Wizard. You will experience this often in this game. Two ways I rejuvenate my interest in the game is:

1) Leveling Alts. I am pretty sad I am about to be done with that though.
2) Progressing through Inferno with said alts.

To answer your question more directly, My alts gear is mostly stuff I found or bought for 300k or less. When I get to 60, I usually play a bit of inferno for some easy upgrades, but when I hit that wall of gear progression, I hit the AH and buy all new gear, setting the max buyout at 300k. You'd be surprised how many good items sell for 100k or less. (Usually results in 8-10 or so good upgrades, for well under 2 million)

So far, I have defeated act 1+2 on MP2 with every Character but the DH :)
I strongly advise getting a simple cheat sheet for what stats roll on what items. It's really helpful to know for instance all the items LOH can roll high on, or that pants and chest are the best pieces to get high vit, or what items get crit rolls. Things like that go a long way in getting cheap gear.

Good Luck :P

it would obviously be advised to start on mp0 for my characters?
a cheat sheet hey, i only have a very brief knowledge of things like that, but even then im seeing things i didnt know could appear on some items (eg i saw an amulet with +movement seed on it :/ noob much?) i dont suppose you have one?

i got mi wiz up to 59 and a 1/3 last night, beating diablo with another wiz, i really wanted to get her to 60 but my eyes bled too much :/

in your experience knite, what class is the "funnest/best/best rewarded" to jump into inferno with? ive done act 1 in a party with my monk, but im fairly sure i was just going along for the ride
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]