Diablo® III

another question: what mp do 100k monks run?

i posted my other thread about gearing a monk to 100k vs a barb.

but my other question is... if i were to gear my monk up to 100k with good survivability, what mp should i expect to be running on?

all the barb threads make it sounds like if youre geared up to 100k on a barb you can just breeze through mp8 like its nothing. i dont know if thats accurate or not. but what about on a monk? can you do higher mp levels or is it really slow going?
Reply Quote
I'm just over 100k, and with the new nerf, I would say I'd be running mp 9 or 10 for keys, and mp 7-8 for exp.
Reply Quote
MP1, you lvl faster and get more legendaries. The theory is the same as before, speed running.
Reply Quote
I like doing MP3...I just like how similar the monsters are to 1.0.4 inferno at MP3.
Reply Quote
Doing MP 3 on act 3. Getting 15+ legendaries/sets a week.
Reply Quote
I usually do MP 8 for the bonuses to XP and MF. MP 10 takes too long to clear. If I wanted to paragon speed level, I'd run MP 4 or 5.
Reply Quote
4-5 for keys
2 for EXP and loots
Reply Quote
5-6 for legendaries keys and exp

7-10 too time consuming
Reply Quote
I found 4 to be the most productive atm
Reply Quote
I run 6 for easy mode now after the nerf for solos (tempest with fleet footed), 7 when my WD buddy is with me. (he's huge dps so clear time is same)

We do keys now on 10 since the nerf - but do ubers on 9 since 10 is just too boring for uber fights.
Reply Quote
I solo mp8 for keys and farming. Everything drops very easy so I go fast. I do die a few times due to reflect damage. I got 3 legendaries and 1 set item in last run.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/23/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Antilogy
MP1, you lvl faster and get more legendaries. The theory is the same as before, speed running.

Hope you "speed runners" aren't being sheep and actually maximizing efficiency with WotHF-Blazing Fists or if Tempest Rush-Tailwind (if you have TR gear).
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 10/23/2012 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TR.

TR+fleeting shrine...amazing
Reply Quote
6 for mf act clears

7 for solo keyruns
8 for co-op keyruns

8 for solo ubers
9 for co-op ubers
Reply Quote
5 for keys; 7 or 8 for ubers co-op

i choose 5 because i can be lazy and not worry about dieing.

if i feel like more of a challenge, ill bump it up to 7. beyond that, things die too slow
Reply Quote
MP4-5 for loot/speed and xp farming runs
MP5-7 for key and Uber runs...
MP8 - for a challenge

All this at 100K plus unbuffed DPS and good all around survivability.
Reply Quote
5-7 currently (farm + keys + uber)

8-10 upcoming nerf
Reply Quote
TR.

TR+fleeting shrine...amazing

I have actually found that fleeting shrine makes me TOO fast and my TR doesn't have a chance to kill the mobs I walk through :P

That being said...
Xp=MP0
Loot=? (haven't tried farming JUST loot yet because I am not paragon 100)
Keys=MP6
Organs=MP8
Reply Quote
7+ for keys

1-3 for farming loot and exp
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 10/24/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]