Diablo® III

finding keys for infernal

finding keys for infernal machines.. i read u need 5nv somwhere.. even if u have 300mf u still need the 5nv?
Reply Quote
keys have nothing to do with MF

you need the 5 Stacks
for Keys and for Organs
Reply Quote
yeah

some get keys easier, some don't
some get plan easier, some don't

i still can't get the plan in a4 and even went mp5 already.
Reply Quote
yeah

You'll hate me for this, but I have a WD alt and I wanted him to have the achievement for defeating diablo on inferno. So I did act 4 on MP 0. 5% chance to get the plan right? Got it...
Reply Quote
yeah

You'll hate me for this, but I have a WD alt and I wanted him to have the achievement for defeating diablo on inferno. So I did act 4 on MP 0. 5% chance to get the plan right? Got it...

then it's pure rng. congrats. but hey looking at the bright side, more exp for me and loots :)

but damn am i starting to develop 'need turbo mouse button' syndrome on my fingers due to tons of clicking >_<
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/18/2012 05:21 PMPosted by ArchiePH
even if u have 300mf u still need the 5nv?

Even if you have 300 MF and are a certified badass who's killed Diablo and his kin hundreds of times over...you will still need the five stacks of Nephalem Valor. It's a requirement in order for the keys and Blacksmithing plans to drop. :)

You can find more information here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/18/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Buchsbaum
keys have nothing to do with MF

Oh, and yes -- MF does not affect the drop rate of the keys or the demonic organ pieces. This man speaks the truth.

Monster Power levels do affect the drop rates, however. At MP0, the drop rate is about 5%. At MP1, it increases to 10%, and every MP level after will add another 10% (all the way up to 100% at MP10).
Reply Quote
I got my plans today running at mp4, took 3 or 4 runs but the first couple were at mp3. I think I'll stick to mp4 for farming keys now as it is just a little slower than 3 for killing the elite packs. I play monk so until they give us some love that is about as high as I will go unless I get a few 100M for upgrades =P
Reply Quote

Even if you have 300 MF and are a certified badass who's killed Diablo and his kin hundreds of times over...you will still need the five stacks of Nephalem Valor

Damn man, I nearly fell from my chair laughing.
Reply Quote
I was lucky to find keys in Act 1 & 2 in a single go , Act 3 ..2 rounds and Act 4 ..3 rounds n i found da plan ..
One thing i noticed is changing the mp level each time helped with better loots n i got lucky on da key drops ... May be we need to shuffle the mp levels a bit each time we try

I just made sure i have 5 nv and kept changing between mp 2, 3 and 4 ...

Change the permutations and get lucky
Reply Quote
...you will still need the five stacks of Nephalem Valor. It's a requirement in order for the keys and Blacksmithing plans to drop. :)

What idiot thought this was a good idea?
Edited by TehSarge#1544 on 10/21/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thats NOT what is says on the MP page?????? it says

MP
1 is 1% 2 is 8% 3 is 17% 4 is 26% 5 is 36% 6 is 47% 7 is 59% 8 is 71% 9 is 85% &10 is100%

so0o0o0 whats the deal?

Monster Power levels do affect the drop rates, however. At MP0, the drop rate is about 5%. At MP1, it increases to 10%, and every MP level after will add another 10% (all the way up to 100% at MP10).[/quote]
Reply Quote
Thats NOT what is says on the MP page?????? it says

MP
1 is 1% 2 is 8% 3 is 17% 4 is 26% 5 is 36% 6 is 47% 7 is 59% 8 is 71% 9 is 85% &10 is100%

so0o0o0 whats the deal?

Go back and read it again dude. Those are 'bonus item' drop chances.
Edited by Antisocial#1911 on 10/22/2012 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the key chances drop rate thingy is not related to the mp chance to drop an extra item. the key does not count as the extra item and his own set of drop rates. hence there different.
Reply Quote
10/21/2012 10:13 PMPosted by TehSarge
...you will still need the five stacks of Nephalem Valor. It's a requirement in order for the keys and Blacksmithing plans to drop. :)

the same idiot who thought it'd be a good idea for you to get keys with a random drop rate to get access to a random dungeon to get 3 organs with a random drop rate to get a ring with random affixes
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 03:48 AMPosted by Providence

the same idiot who thought it'd be a good idea for you to get keys with a random drop rate to get access to a random dungeon to get 3 organs with a random drop rate to get a ring with random affixes

lol!
Reply Quote
10/21/2012 10:13 PMPosted by TehSarge

If you didn't have to get five stacks everyone would just be farming MP10 for keys. You have to get five stacks in order to "prove" that you can kill elite packs in your current MP, thus sustain in that level of difficulty.
Reply Quote

If you didn't have to get five stacks everyone would just be farming MP10 for keys. You have to get five stacks in order to "prove" that you can kill elite packs in your current MP, thus sustain in that level of difficulty.

Prove ? You realize that is a nonsense ? If you cannot kill an elite in current MP, how long it will take to kill or even reach the keywarden ? Assuming that you cannot kill a 36mil elite, how can you kill a 36 mil keywarden ? You can die several times before the 25+sec timer is up .. then what ? DPS 5-10 sec every min ?

5 stacks NV is as time sink and nothing more. Has nothing to do with fun or anything , is to give a false impression that you "worked" for a stupid ring that didn't even roll ok.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Discoknekt

most of the key wardens are harder than the elites. I don't know how you are proving anything by killing a bunch of elites
Reply Quote
yeah

i hear this all the time, spam mp 3 and have 0 deaths, you should see some results very soon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]