Diablo® III

On to Torchlight 2

Took the plunge. Excellent game. The "cartoony" graphics are actually quite artistic, but in spite of that, whatever you may say, the gameplay is awesome. Great integration of everything that made Diablo II good, with lots of cool little quirks. Dig the mix of technology in the game too, for all you steampunk fans out there who like to pretend you didn't just learn about it. Bored with D3, T2 is more than worth it and actually has a good soundtrack to boot, something that really bummed me out about D3. Sorry patch 1.0.5, you're piss !@# boring to me, I gave it a shot. Until there are major changes my friends and I are done with this.
Reply Quote
can i have your stuff??

no really tho..
i have a few friends that play..

it looks like a cartoon..
cant do it..
if i wanted to play a cartoon i would go back to WoW..

anyway....really..

can i have your stuff?
Reply Quote
As much as i enjoy TL2 , personally , i actually think POE is a lil more fun and more aligned with a diablo feel. I found after only 100 hrs or so i was becoming quite burned out of TL2, where as POE still holds my interest.

Both are good games though, cant say the same for D3.
Reply Quote
Looking forward to a TL2 HD Texture mod, to be honest. The graphics aren't anywhere near a 2012 level.

Then again, D3 also has blurry as f*ck graphics and you need the sharpening effect from DarkD3.
Reply Quote
No sorry, I'll keep my gear for the moment. Not like it matters, if the drop rates really doubled the AH will be flooded in a week or so anyway. Again, the graphics might get some people, and sure it looks WoW-like, but the feel of it is polished overall. More importantly, the gameplay is solid. You're rewarded properly and the difficulty level and open-ended quest format is refreshing. PoE looks like a great game too, but it's not finished yet. D3 just, man, they really dropped so many balls with this. Even their own balls. They've sterilized their entire family line with this one. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a game, and I gave it plenty of time to sink in. Happy with my build here, but feck it, the game is boring as piss now. The key run got old in like one attempt, just don't feel like grinding for a rare item to then take a chance at getting another rare item after fighting a bull!@#$ upgraded boss duo. New Act pls. Also, how about keeping valor between acts? That would have been nice... But hey, that's Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
can i have your stuff??

no really tho..
i have a few friends that play..

cant do it..

anyway....really..

can i have your stuff?

You're playing a cartoon.. With worse character models too

If Runic Games had anywhere near the staff or budget that blizzard has their game would probably look more like PoE

Also, how about keeping valor between acts? That would have been nice...

But then people could farm faster, and we can't have that..

How's that old man styled movement speed working out for you diehard d3 fans?
Edited by Orion#1762 on 10/21/2012 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looking forward to a TL2 HD Texture mod, to be honest. The graphics aren't anywhere near a 2012 level.

Then again, D3 also has blurry as f*ck graphics and you need the sharpening effect from DarkD3.

Actually coming from a team of 30 people with a tiny budget the graphics are phenomenal.

Plus the developers have said many times that they picked that art style because it allows them to put more content into the game and that is what they care about.

D3 might look nice (for a 2008 game) but no one gives a !@#$ about appearances when the game play lacks so much
Reply Quote
cant do it..

Orks Must Die?
Dungeon Defenders?
Trine?
Alien Breed?
Team Fortress 2?

I don't get the "cartoon" hate. Most games fit into this criteria and are more fun then D3. Most of these "cartoon" games arnt even cartoon, if you're at artist you will know what I mean. There are many art styles out there. TL2's style is very smooth and easy on the eyes so I love it.

TL2 does have some end game issues though in regards to character stat stacking. You can get 1 shot no matter what. But, its a small issue for a such a new game. D3 though, wooo so many issues.
Reply Quote
cant do it..

Orks Must Die?
Dungeon Defenders?
Trine?
Alien Breed?
Team Fortress 2?

I don't get the "cartoon" hate. Most games fit into this criteria and are more fun then D3. Most of these "cartoon" games arnt even cartoon, if you're at artist you will know what I mean. There are many art styles out there. TL2's style is very smooth and easy on the eyes so I love it.

TL2 does have some end game issues though in regards to character stat stacking. You can get 1 shot no matter what. But, its a small issue for a such a new game. D3 though, wooo so many issues.

I agree. These people see bright colors on art and assume its childish. But i dont see a point in arguing about "perception" with the herd minded
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]