Diablo® III

SINGLE PLAYER MODE FOR DIABLO 3

So, server's go down for 1-3 hrs, sometimes 6-8 depending on maintenance, patches whatever. Ppl then go play WoW, Boarderlands 2, Skyrim what have you, in the mean time itching to get back in the game, but having the ability to play offline/Single Player Mode (SPM) without log-in b/c of server shut down, would be a better argument. I'm sure Blizzard is working on a solution (we would hope) to induct the offline SPM so everyone can still enjoy the game rather than be informed "when" you can play. Other gaming companies has viewed this a learning curve to keep players playing their product thus increasing interest. When Blizzard posts server updates/shutdown in game, ppl are generally not motivated to keep playing the game. Reason being, too much corporate control and not enough player control. Ok, I admit, we now have some but not full control of game mode, hence the new and improved MP system. Works great, thank you. The Single Player Mode was a perfect system in Diablo 2, worked well, players continued to play w/o the struggles of online play and could also tweak and peak their characters. So, in closing, I really hope there are some discussion in inducting a SPM in Diablo 3.

Team Blizzard, do you have any plans or are you currently in development of a SPM? If so, would you know which patch this may be introduced in? Also, will PvP also be introduced within the next major/minor patch 1.0.6/7/8/9 or 1.1.0?
Reply Quote
Will not happen.

This has been argued over and over again.

this i beyond old itmakes me sick that someone even brouht his up..

use google fo crist sake
Reply Quote
I was talking about the same thing in general chat before server went down. I think it would be awesome to have single player mode BUT still be able to play the same character online. Also... what if someone does have internet but REALLLLLYY wants to play D3? Well they can't... maybe that will increase sales too lol
Reply Quote
As long as offline characters are restricted to offline mode, I'm fine with it. Obvious reason for this being the mass amount of hack/dupe/item manipulation that occurs offline compared to online.
Reply Quote
Yea, that was one problem with D2, the dupe's. But, like STEAM, offline games get sync'd up once online is enabled. So, everything that was saved offline will transfer over when played online. Achievements, gear, xp ect. So, ideally, D3 SPM can get sync'd up with online chars and be utilized for online gameplay. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about dupes from games from STEAM, esp Borderlands 2. Maybe Blizz can learn that process from STEAM how it's impossible to dupe from games from the STEAM engine. Unless someone here has seen/heard of dupes from STEAM games? i'm just saying years of playing STEAM games (and if you know STEAM its on/offline) I've never seen/heard duped items.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Ipwnkidneys
Yea, that was one problem with D2, the dupe's. But, like STEAM, offline games get sync'd up once online is enabled. So, everything that was saved offline will transfer over when played online. Achievements, gear, xp ect. So, ideally, D3 SPM can get sync'd up with online chars and be utilized for online gameplay. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about dupes from games from STEAM, esp Borderlands 2. Maybe Blizz can learn that process from STEAM how it's impossible to dupe from games from the STEAM engine. Unless someone here has seen/heard of dupes from STEAM games? i'm just saying years of playing STEAM games (and if you know STEAM its on/offline) I've never seen/heard duped items.

You can use hacks / dupe items in most Steam games, BL2 is no exception.
Reply Quote
I will say this about this game, It has way to much Down time every week . WoW I understood its down time "Its a MMO" D3 isn't a MMO , just unlike the frist two games you could play offline .
I think they should of added an Offline play and agree offline toons can't be used in online mode .

Or at least do down time after Midnight , so the game is up for people that in the mornings"there 5am is my 8am" I play between 8am and 10am my time..which is there down time :/
Reply Quote
I will say this about this game, It has way to much Down time every week . WoW I understood its down time "Its a MMO" D3 isn't a MMO , just unlike the frist two games you could play offline .
I think they should of added an Offline play and agree offline toons can't be used in online mode .

Or at least do down time after Midnight , so the game is up for people that in the mornings"there 5am is my 8am" I play between 8am and 10am my time..which is there down time :/

I understand your concern, but wouldn't u rather have all best items u gathered from offline sync up to online chars?? I know I would.

Think about it, in STEAM, for Skyrim for example. I play offline, save, exit with all the items, xp, lvl's gained, whatever...go online, changes made with everything I did during offline...it's just a sync. Online to offline players and vice versa sync. So, what would be the setback enabling this for Diablo 3? A major patch, correct, debugging, correct..time and money management, correct. All valid arguments, but, the game would be more enjoyable and well worth the $59.99..oh along with PvP as well.
Reply Quote

I understand your concern, but wouldn't u rather have all best items u gathered from offline sync up to online chars?? I know I would.

Think about it, in STEAM, for Skyrim for example. I play offline, save, exit with all the items, xp, lvl's gained, whatever...go online, changes made with everything I did during offline...it's just a sync. Online to offline players and vice versa sync. So, what would be the setback enabling this for Diablo 3? A major patch, correct, debugging, correct..time and money management, correct. All valid arguments, but, the game would be more enjoyable and well worth the $59.99..oh along with PvP as well.

Items/levels would then be saved on your local machine and you would be paragon 100 with godly gear using a few cheat/hacks.
Reply Quote
Sad but true
Reply Quote
Get over it guys, it's not going to happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]