Diablo® III

Gibbering Gemstone & 1.05

(Locked)

I've ran Fields of Slaughter about 10 times so far and I know I need at least 20 more but I'm looking for a little more info to try and get this thing done quicker.

Can Caverns of Frost show up WITH Icefall caves or if I see Icefall Caves, can I just leave and try again ?

Do I have to be super careful on the 2nd Level and be careful what I kill or can I just kill everything on the level and if the Gibbering Gemstone drops I'll see it just like a legendary ?

Any other good suggestions for getting this ?
Caverns Frost never show up with Icefall caves, just leave if you see wrong one. I haven't gotten the gemstone since the patch, but I believe it should have the legendary glow since it counts as a legendary. I know the Keys do, and they are kinda similar in that they're both just crafting components.

One tip is to search the left side of Fields first; there are more spawn points for the dungeon on that side. I believe there are 4 spots on the left and only 2 on the right. It shares spawn points with catapults so that should help you if you ever need to redo that quest as well.
As ^ said.

I found the gemstone twice since the patch, it shows a light pole like the legendary. but I already have the staff so I don't bother picking it up. It's only dropped by a purple named unique monster (similar to a golden Huntress).

Now I don't go into the cave during my run anymore.
Thanks! I finally got it, I probably had it once before but thought it was useless and dropped it on the ground. Now I just need to figure out how to make the staff!
Ok, figured that out, now time to find Whimsyshire.
that place is worth clearing now as a farming spot because of the resplendant chest on the second floor can now drop decent stuff. i also had like 5-6 elites in there one run. just clear it as part of your run every time and you'll also pick up the gemstone eventually.
View profile
I JUST got the Gibbering Gemstone from Chiltara in the Caverns over this past weekend. What a freaking pain in the neck that was...

10/25/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Didact
Ok, figured that out, now time to find Whimsyshire.

Not sure if this means you did it or not, but unfortunately, can't really offer any tips. I looked up a ton of things, nothing helped more than anything else. I believe my Chiltara spawned near the Resplendent Chest in the middle of the Caverns 2nd floor. I'd read mostly that she spawns near the Stone at the end of the dungeon. I went there first, didn't see her, doubled back for the Resplendent, and a unique monster was there, I almost missed her! When I saw it was Chiltara, I leapt on her, like, "if you don't give me that gemstone, so help me--" but she did.

I don't want to say Blizzard needs to step in, but if they could maybe tweak the appearance of the Caverns to a bit more reliable place...or even JUST have the Caverns spawn instead of the Icefall Caves, Chiltara can still be a random spawn, but at least there's no question of which cave to enter.

Good news is...with all the farming runs I did with my Wizard on Hell Diff MP 7 or 8, and my Monk, my characters got some great XP and all the farming and vending got me the 1.75 mil in gold I needed to craft every tier of the staff, with another 500k gold to spare, :-D
I can't find that blasted Chiltara! A dozen times down to caverns of frost and nothing. Should I just take my level 28 DH and vault to it as many times as possible in normal?
10/25/2012 01:48 PMPosted by ArchonWing
I can't find that blasted Chiltara! A dozen times down to caverns of frost and nothing. Should I just take my level 28 DH and vault to it as many times as possible in normal?

Yes, It took me about 24 times ...

Whimsyshire is HILARIOUS! and after playing it, I now want to vomit (the colors I guess).

Now I just need to find that guy that upgrades my staff.
For those still looking for Chiltara, my brother and I came up with a great way of speeding up the process.

Find some other people also looking for Chiltara, and run your own separate games. When one of you finds him, back off, and invite the other players into the game. Kill him together, then spit on his elusive corpse. Four people running games at the same time is 4x the chance of finding him.
Community Manager
This was a good thread to read since I still need a Gibbering Gemstone, too. I found the Caverns of Frost twice last night but, Chiltara did not spawn for me. I guess I know what I am farming tonight!
For those still looking for Chiltara, my brother and I came up with a great way of speeding up the process.

Find some other people also looking for Chiltara, and run your own separate games. When one of you finds him, back off, and invite the other players into the game. Kill him together, then spit on his elusive corpse. Four people running games at the same time is 4x the chance of finding him.

That's a very good strategy.
uhm...... are u guys doing it in inferno? coz i do alot of act 3 inferno run and almost half of my run i come upon that bludy piller of light that is the gibbering........
10/26/2012 06:16 PMPosted by WytMinority4
This was a good thread to read since I still need a Gibbering Gemstone, too. I found the Caverns of Frost twice last night but, Chiltara did not spawn for me. I guess I know what I am farming tonight!

LOOOL, um blue, why not reply about the bigger issues like i dunno, rampant dupings and the likes instead of gibbering gemstones. Thread after thread no blue comes in to explain anything about duplicate high end items being sold in the ah.

becoz he's busy playing his character haha
i actually didnt know what Gibbering Gemstone is until i found one today. first time running that cavern and wasnt even looking for it. kinda hoped i got other legendaries tho
10/26/2012 06:16 PMPosted by WytMinority4

LOOOL, um blue, why not reply about the bigger issues like i dunno, rampant dupings and the likes instead of gibbering gemstones. Thread after thread no blue comes in to explain anything about duplicate high end items being sold in the ah.

How do we actually know action is taken against gold spammers? We need some names and figures.

Would be better if the reports we reported reply us to say like "on this day you reported a gold spammer so today that account has been banned." Something like that would let us know we do make a difference.

While every now and then we will post about [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5740846683"]particularly hefty account suspension and bans[/url], the actions we take on accounts around the clock aren't widely publicized.

As far as the actions taken against specific accounts or players, that's a private a matter to be dealt with between the account holder and Blizzard, no one else. We will not tell you if someone else's account has been suspended or banned. Keep in mind also that some gold spammers might actually be using compromised accounts, so we endevor to carefully investigate reports so that we can try to do right by legitimate players.
OP If your still having trouble finding the cave, A tip I read is to run games on the "Machine of war" quest. As the catapults actually spawn in the possible spawn points of the cave, essentially halving the places you need to search.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]