Diablo® III

Monster Power 10 - Bonus Item Question

So I'm not exactly geared to do MP10, but I thought I'd see how exactly the bonus item @ 100% works. The blog post regarding monster power, written by Lylirra, states:

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

"In Inferno, in addition to increased experience, Magic Find, and Gold Find, whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item. The chance to drop a bonus item will scale up with each MP level as detailed in the table below."

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

The table that follows this states that in MP10 the chance for a bonus item to drop will be 100%. Perhaps I am just not understanding how the bonus item is meant to work, or perhaps it doesn't affect every mob as it states, but just in clearing some trash mobs in MP10, there isn't a plethora of items dropping at all. If every gold, potion, and item drop had a 100% chance for an additional item to drop as well, then there should be a lot of items - even from common monsters.

Was hoping for some clarity on how the bonus item was intended to work - if anyone has some light to shine on it, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

-Straag-
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Straag
whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally

So at MP10, *if* a monster drops an item, you get another item 100% of the time. Its not a guaranteed item from every mob.
Reply Quote
I think the bonus item they are talking about is a key from a Keywarden.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 09:54 AMPosted by DrWho
I think the bonus item they are talking about is a key from a Keywarden.

Bonus Items table is applied to all mobs.
Reply Quote
The statement directly from the blog post says, "whenever a monster dies and drops an item normally (whether it be gold, a potion, or a piece of gear), the monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item." If that chance is 100%, then every gold pile, potion, or piece of gear that drops should be followed by another. Even if it is a white item.

And I realize that the mob has to drop an item to begin with in order for an additional item to drop, but with 100% chance at the second item, there should still be a large pool of items after a good clear of even regular monsters. When there's one potion and a couple piles of gold with nothing around them, it leads me to believe that it is broken or not working as intended in some way.

Just curious if anyone wanted to weigh in at all. Thanks for the comments.

Cheers.

-Straag-
Reply Quote
I am pretty sure the blue just explained it poorly.

Each time a white monster dies it goes through a dice roll, to determine IF it will drop an item, and then it will roll the item, affixes (blue, rare) etc.

It is my understanding that the bonus item allows a white monster to go through this dice roll a second time. So it is still possible that a white monster will not drop an item, however, the amount of items dropping from white monsters should double at MP10.
Edited by Dcozzi01#1192 on 10/25/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried to kill some normal monster on MP 10. I killed around 25 and got 2 white for seperate monster. So I guess what you said is right. If the system is working properly
Reply Quote
so dumb LMAO xD
Reply Quote
you get a bonus item...whether the item is actually worthwhile is another story.
Reply Quote
Bonus item drops at mp10 will be 100%; meaning a mob will always drop at least 2 items if it were to drop something. A combination of coin, item, or health globe. Although, they forget to mention, or just plain out lied to us, that you need to have 5 nv stacks for this to happen.

Easy way to test and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Kill a single mob before any stacks and you'll see them drop single items, if they do drop anything. Then get 5 stacks and start the same process. You'll see that, if the mob was to drop something, it will always drop 2 items instead of 1 at the very least. Yet another thing they lied to us about, as it currently reads from their own description that we don't need 5 stacks to get that bonus. Obviously not true since I've seen it first hand for myself.
Edited by sopseng10881#1529 on 2/7/2013 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]