Diablo® III

First Release D3 Difficulty compared to MP?

this would be an interesting result if someone could re-read through all of the patch notes and mathematically determine what MP power level is equivalent to that of the original inferno difficulty. what MP level do i have to set inferno to to emulate D3 when it first came out?
Reply Quote
Its probably something around MP3 health with like something like MP11 damage.

A lot of the patch notes were unclear and didn't give solid numbers. However MP10 damage is definitely below what it was at the beginning. Don't even get one shotted that much anymore.
Edited by RoflWaffles#1673 on 10/25/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Items are all more powerful, which effectively reduces the difficulty

Paragon adds more stats which reduces the difficulty (although not by much)

Skills got a massive overhaul in 1.0.4 to increase player dmg output.

Invulnerable affix is gone

Melee dmg reduction went from 20% to 30%

Affixes have all had their dmg reduced and their frequency changed at different times

Monster health has been dropped 3 times outside of MP

Even little things like removing the slow effect on Ghom's stink couds make the game easier, and there have been a ton of these types of nerfs.

And nothing matches the exact dmg/health ratio found in the original 1.0 difficulty.

Anecdotally, I went from struggling to survive the first section of Act 3 pre 1.0.4 to clearing the game completely the day after 1.0.4 was released.

And most importantly.... doing this kind of math would require transparency from Blizzard, and they don't do that. Nobody knows exactly how monster dmg was changed in 1.0.4....just that it was, and it was significant.

So, short answer: None of them.
Reply Quote
Well HP wise is almost the same, but about damage prob around MP5 and like the guy above me said....inferno has been changed a lot, not only damage and hp were nerfed
Edited by BattleToad#1238 on 10/25/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its probably something around MP3 health with like something like MP11 damage.

A lot of the patch notes were unclear and didn't give solid numbers. However MP10 damage is definitely below what it was at the beginning. Don't even get one shotted that much anymore.

I agree with this for the most part, monster damage is much, much lower now than it was pre-inferno nerf, even on MP10. However, the higher MP levels do grant a lot more health than monsters had previously, but that doesn't necessarily make it harder.
Reply Quote
you could do theoretical percents to determine the average mp for both health and damage. i understand there are a lot of factors in difficulty that mp does not solve as most of you have pointed out but i feel that aside from that, going through the patch notes we could determine mp for at least damage and health which would of course be different exp. mp10 damage mp4 health.

exp. set an imaginary base damage for vanilla inferno, lets say 1000 dmg
- patch note 1.01 dmg reduced by 20%
- patch note 1.1337 dmg reduced by 30%

damage would be at 560

in order to get back to vinilla inferno you need damage to increase by 78.57%

then convert that percent inc to mp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]