Diablo® III

Throw + Rend + Traditional WW

I find Throwing Hammer pretty usefull as a stunlock skill...

Since Wpn Throw is actually a fury generator I think it's more usefull to have a stunlock (for nasty surprises) instead of a higher damage.

Any thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
I find Throwing Hammer pretty usefull as a stunlock skill...

Since Wpn Throw is actually a fury generator I think it's more usefull to have a stunlock (for nasty surprises) instead of a higher damage.

Any thoughts on this?

I think it's great for Ubers, but I prefer Mighty Throw for damage because for obvious reasons, it has more damage and you already get the natural 60% slow effect over 2 seconds per hit. So stun locking elites detracts from the slow effects -- or makes it redundant.
Reply Quote
been using this spec for a bit and it's second to none. there are actually times where i just stand there and wep throw for an mp10 keymaster kill (the act 3 guy) and keep 100% life while watching him go down.

it's so versatile and makes fury generation a breeze while maintaining dps during those "holy sh*t need to get away" moments.
Reply Quote
Holy crap man! 200k dps, 40k plus elite kills, I will try your build when I get home!
Reply Quote
#acrimony

Dude I tested your build, and it is very good! thanks for sharing.
Reply Quote
@Gorrfang -- bumped for you.
Reply Quote
I was using a pure throw build, but now I'm testing this one and I'm loving it so far
However I still need warcry, I don't think my gear is good enough to ditch it yet
Also, still have trouble with some Reflect mobs.. god, they're annoying
Thanks for sharing! :)
Reply Quote
DO you need reduced cost on rend and weapon throw to make this work better - and which one is the best the get reduced from?
Reply Quote
Huh, it actually works. Makes keeping up wotb sooo much easier. Been using this build to key farm on mp8, but haven't tried it on uber khulle yet.

Fury reduction gear - I use rend and weapon throw as fury dumps, so getting gear which reduces the fury cost seems to be counter-productive.

Rend vs. Killing Spree: killing spree is great, but rend is like insta-heal (lacerate seems to heal just as much as the actual healing rune).

Thanks for guide.
Reply Quote
I use ricochet/300 spear since I play with friends up through mp7, except for ubers where I use stun, and my barb gear sucks with 25k health or so, no 5 piece IK, and low armor/resists. This means I sometimes have to kite multiple mobs at once, stay out of multiple ground AoEs, and still contribute.

As a budget build, I like WT much more than bash. I can't wait till I have 5 piece and can use brawler and rend (LS) instead of a rage talent/warcry.
Reply Quote
So I need some help from those who have weapon throw belts.

I was testing out some belts and decided on a -2 to fury cost to Weapon Throw. The reason why is because I don't necessarily need to take damage to get Battle Rage up. I also don't get downtime on Wrath when I do spam it.

Anyone got a take on that?
Reply Quote
Anyone?
Reply Quote

I was testing out some belts and decided on a -2 to fury cost to Weapon Throw. The reason why is because I don't necessarily need to take damage to get Battle Rage up. I also don't get downtime on Wrath when I do spam it.

curious as to why you want the -2 reduction. you're still going to need one fury to get your fury gen started wont you?
Reply Quote

curious as to why you want the -2 reduction. you're still going to need one fury to get your fury gen started wont you?

Nope. For some reason I can't explain, if it costs 10 fury to get one throw down, but you can throw with less than 10 fury at the start, there's a mechanic that allows me to crit just enough that I can get Battle Rage up.

I have no idea why. I took off the belt and had to take an inordinate amount of damage to get Battle Rage up. It's very peculiar.
Reply Quote
Sweet, I just bought an IK belt a few weeks ago that happened to have -2 WT... I thought it was a wasted stat at the time, but now it looks quite promising lol
Reply Quote
Hi acrimony. I haven't tested much I only got one -5 fury belt to play with cause it's cheap (29mil). It works like a charm for me but it might not apply to you cause I'm a 2H. Easy to start and not much problem keeping wotb up.

Also I use rend bloodlust since i only got 2.8 lifesteal. It still hits pretty hard with a Skorn.

edit: oh i usually run with WW but i had SS on for some test right before server shut down so profile's showing.
Edited by lok9#3641 on 11/13/2012 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote][quote]So I need some help from those who have weapon throw belts.

Nope. For some reason I can't explain, if it costs 10 fury to get one throw down, but you can throw with less than 10 fury at the start, there's a mechanic that allows me to crit just enough that I can get Battle Rage up.

I have no idea why. I took off the belt and had to take an inordinate amount of damage to get Battle Rage up. It's very peculiar.

interesting. great build btw. whenever my WOTB is running out i need one fat creep to reset the timer. i use this build with DW which i use for leveling.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Blayze
Sweet, I just bought an IK belt a few weeks ago that happened to have -2 WT... I thought it was a wasted stat at the time, but now it looks quite promising lol

Yea. I'm just trying to figure out why. The fury reduction doesn't seem to be enough on paper, but in practice, a few melee strikes and I got Battle Rage up before I take a hit.

Hi acrimony. I haven't tested much I only got one -5 fury belt to play with cause it's cheap (29mil). It works like a charm for me but it might not apply to you cause I'm a 2H. Easy to start and not much problem keeping wotb up.

Also I use rend bloodlust since i only got 2.8 lifesteal. It still hits pretty hard with a Skorn.

edit: oh i usually run with WW but i had SS on for some test right before server shut down so profile's showing.

Skorn + Rend = GG

Been thinking about grabbing a life-steal Skorn lately. Just for PvP. But then it means I have to reitemise (again), so I won't bother heh.

11/13/2012 10:31 PMPosted by SoLiDAlvi
interesting. great build btw. whenever my WOTB is running out i need one fat creep to reset the timer. i use this build with DW which i use for leveling.

Yup, this build is quick as hell. Rend to dump fury and throw to keep it going (and DPS).
Reply Quote
i have to say, i tried this build and it's awesome, i run MP6 right now, barely any death, now i do not have enough LS so i use Overpower with Revel for 8% LS, it works pretty good, until i get a weapon with 3% LS.
question, if anyone familiar with OP/Revel rune, does that work everytime u hit or only the first time u hit a mob? cause my tornado ticks so that counts as hits right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]