Diablo® III

Throw + Rend + Traditional WW

ah actually i just read the skill, it only works wiht the first hit, but since i have 52% CC right now, everytime i crit it lower the cool down by 1sec, so i can use it pretty much every 2-3 sec.
good back up heal i think.
Reply Quote
ah actually i just read the skill, it only works wiht the first hit, but since i have 52% CC right now, everytime i crit it lower the cool down by 1sec, so i can use it pretty much every 2-3 sec.
good back up heal i think.

It's definitely a good skill. The only reason I don't like it is because it's useless for low-density environments. Low density means a cooldown time of 10 seconds (or a bit less). I'd rather have the ability to spam a Rend crit; especially in low density environments so I don't have to chase.
Reply Quote
This build looks like a lot of fun!

If you were to estimate how much it would cost to gear a starter set to handle maybe mp 3 or something, how much would you say? I've been toying with rebuilding my barb (and maybe forgoing my WD).
Reply Quote
This build looks like a lot of fun!

If you were to estimate how much it would cost to gear a starter set to handle maybe mp 3 or something, how much would you say? I've been toying with rebuilding my barb (and maybe forgoing my WD).

I couldn't answer that. I don't gear players any more and I would feel a bit out of place telling you what to budget for this build. I will say you need some ability to take damage at the start of the build. At MP3, maybe a budget Barb would work -- chat with one of DBoy or Trinxified about that.
Reply Quote
i just need more Life steel so i can't use throwing yet, im thinking about Rend with the life steal rune? do you think that's a good skill instead of the 900% dmg?
Reply Quote
yup, just tried it, OMG i kill so fast with Rend/blood lust rune, and keep my health, loving it! gonna try MP7 next
Reply Quote
This might be a daft question but how exactly do you get started on the fury generation? I just tried the build and it was hell getting enough fury off autoattacks since every skill used costs fury. Am I missing something or are you really supposed to get your startups off of mobs hitting you and autoattack?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Winthrop
This might be a daft question but how exactly do you get started on the fury generation? I just tried the build and it was hell getting enough fury off autoattacks since every skill used costs fury. Am I missing something or are you really supposed to get your startups off of mobs hitting you and autoattack?

I resolved this issue by testing out five different belts for weapon throw (this assumes that SoJs are out of budget -- which is something I am actively working to figure out) at 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 fury reduction to the skill. At 5, 4, and 3, I had no issues starting up, but I had some difficulties managing fury with throw. At 1, I had issues starting up, but no issues with throw. At 2, I found my 'happy medium' in which I could easily start up using throw to get Battle Rage up and no Wrath downtime.
Reply Quote
This actually is my current build w/ slight variations (no sprint). I rolled this barb before stumbling upon this thread. And I do concur that -2 fury seem to be the sweet spot, I can keep WOTB the whole uber/elite fight and also get started fairly ez. Also my throw does 600-700k crit on ubers continously at mp8 w/ WOTB on, wonder what other's numbers are...

BTW my MH is not even an axe/mace so if I replace that I imagine getting started w/ fury will be even easier
Edited by Lameduck#1650 on 11/14/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
This actually is my current build w/ slight variations (no sprint). I rolled this barb before stumbling upon this thread. And I do concur that -2 fury seem to be the sweet spot, I can keep WOTB the whole uber/elite fight and also get started fairly ez. Also my throw does 600-700k crit on ubers continously at mp8 w/ WOTB on, wonder what other's numbers are...

BTW my MH is not even an axe/mace so if I replace that I imagine getting started w/ fury will be even easier

Yup. I did some more testing today and even with one hit of damage, I get Battle Rage up almost immediately. It's not even random; -2 fury cost to Weapon Throw definitely, without a doubt, is the happy medium to get Battle Rage up and hold Wrath uptime.

I fully encourage anyone using this build for farming to grab a -2 fury cost to Weapon Throw belt. For SoJs, I wouldn't encourage that just yet -- I'm having a blast using my SoJ (you can read up on my thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005437820) with a -5 fury cost to Rend. It's fantastic.
Reply Quote
What does rend crit depends on? Just cc alone or ias too? When I rend mobs I mostly see white numbers and occasionally a yellow crit. And the white numbers are low. Is tt normal?
Reply Quote
Nice that Dboy gear me with an IK belt with -2 reduced to weapon throw.

gotta try this build.
Reply Quote
i upped my (unbuffed) DPS from 90k to 135k - profile hasnt updated yet

@90k i was playing MP4-6 and i hated Rend, so i went with Seismic Slam

@135k i dropped Seismic Slam and try Rend again. I melt packs @ MP8 , i havent test mp9 yet

gear matters, thats all
Edited by Gawdzilla#1218 on 11/15/2012 6:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Skycrown Battlements has guaranteed 5 packs plus a good amount of trash.
Reply Quote
are you using a cold soj and with how much -fury cost. I have a -5 belt and it started up ok, but seemed like after i had some fury and was too close to enemy weapon throw would not generate as much. do you notice this?
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Fatboy1994
are you using a cold soj and with how much -fury cost. I have a -5 belt and it started up ok, but seemed like after i had some fury and was too close to enemy weapon throw would not generate as much. do you notice this?

If you want to use WT as main attack/fury generator then you need to use no escape as passive
Reply Quote
bump. also including this guide in my thread =D
Reply Quote
If I switch to HC, this build will probably not be very viable. Which is too bad because I had the most fun playing this.
Reply Quote
can someone check my profile? i use this build and was doing a pretty good job at it at mp3...can't seem to be very effective in mp4 parties... it's probably because im lacking in the resistance department but im not sure what to upgrade first, especially with my lack of money lol.

im currently experimenting with hota as well with a couple of options:
1. replace ww with hota
2. replace sprint with hota (means i'll lose wrath easier, but probably use this spec at higher mp if i can survive them lol)

i like replacing ww with hota because normally a hota barb would spam hota. but using throw with hota eliminates the little gap between each hota, therefore you're basically doing hota then throw pretty rapidly. the only problem with this spec for my lack of resistance is that i can't facetank elites really well especially with fire, lasers, etc...
which is probably why throw/ww is a good spec because you can avoid being near elites for a length of time.

so if anybody can help look over my spec, that would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
Insane build, in love with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]