Diablo® III

Why are Goblins immune to damage?

86 Tauren Druid
Why is it if I hit a Goblin for 400k damage, he's immune to damage for a second or two until he can run away, then he can take damage again, then immune again?
If I can two shot a goblin, I should be able to. Especially if I run up, hit one, can't hurt him as he runs away into a group of 15 Fanatics who proceed to kill me. I feel cheated out of my phat l00tz.
:(
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The immunity is actually intended, and it's there to ensure that Treasure Goblins are able to perform their role once they're engaged (i.e. so that they have time to run away before getting absolutely clobbered). This is something that's been there since launch, though, and hasn't been changed.

What's likely happening is that, since goblins now have more a lot more health due to Monster Power, every point of damage you're able to do to them is valuable, so when they're immune it's a LOT more noticeable. That said, to my understanding, the immunity should only occur during the first few ticks of combat, so you may still want to kick a report over to the Bug Report forum. :)
Reply Quote
The seem to portal out a lot faster than they used to as well.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Zuzax
The seem to portal out a lot faster than they used to as well.

Pretty sure the teleport begins at an HP threshold, and is not on a timer.
Reply Quote
^ If you whack a goblin and leave it alone it runs a bit and then teleports out. That's definitely a timer.
Reply Quote
The immunity is actually intended, and it's there to ensure that Treasure Goblins are able to perform their role once they're engaged (i.e. so that they have time to run away before getting absolutely clobbered). This is something that's been there since launch, though, and hasn't been changed.

What's likely happening is that, since goblins now [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006895826#2"]have more a lot more health[/url] due to Monster Power, every point of damage you're able to do to them is valuable, so when they're immune it's a LOT more noticeable. That said, to my understanding, the immunity should only occur during the first few ticks of combat, so you may still want to kick a report over to the Bug Report forum. :)

could blizz make the moon clan shamans not shield goblins I find that really annoying. an mp4 goblin becomes bulkier than a mp7 goblin when shielded.

besides why are they helping him? they on the same side?
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Jesse
Pretty sure the teleport begins at an HP threshold, and is not on a timer.

no. when the goblin received any damage from any source ti will run around a bit then portal out. confirmed on one of the tower levels.

i noticed the immunity thing, but i always figured it was a weird quirk of the game and ignored it. they die just as fast as always, even if the HP bar doesn't update each hit.
Reply Quote
I agree IRRebel, the immunity thing that goblins have had since launch is a bit annoying. You feel like you arbitrarily lose control for no reason.
Reply Quote
What I want to know is why rend lasts like 1 second on goblins. Kind of unfair.
Edited by vertX29#1810 on 11/8/2012 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
open up a can of archon 1600% dmg and goblin no more
Reply Quote
some DoT effects like Rend also appear to disappear off of goblins once they start running.
pesky goblins.
Reply Quote
could blizz make the moon clan shamans not shield goblins I find that really annoying. an mp4 goblin becomes bulkier than a mp7 goblin when shielded.

besides why are they helping him? they on the same side?

I saw one shield an idle goblin, which just sat there staring into its bag, oblivious to the sounds of combat. I waited for the shield to expire before I, umm, murdered him :)
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:52 PMPosted by vertX29
What I want to know is why rend lasts like 1 second on goblins. Kind of unfair.

Rend also refuses to land much of the time on gobos.
Reply Quote
I once chase a goblin into a pack of elites and died.

He was a nice goblin though, when I rezzed and ran back to the spot, he was still there for me to kill ^^
Reply Quote
just how many have gotten any good stuff from a gob? i did get a legend from a gob once and it was crap. 1.03 to 1.05, this was the first time a gob dropped me a legend and it just had to be crap too
Reply Quote
From my experience the goblins tend to cast the portal after a set number of hits received. That's what led me to use bash on them instead of tornadoes, since they ticks so fast the goblin starts casting the portal 3 seconds into the fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]