Diablo® III

RNG is a bad girl today

Act 2 keywarden. MP4. Ran 6 times today. Zero keys. :(

Random Number Generator, why are you so coy?
Reply Quote
On the 10th run at MP4, it finally dropped. Good gravy.
Reply Quote
7 times to get the recipe in act 4, but 6/7 were on mp2 the last was on mp3. I found it on mp2... RNG ftw?
Reply Quote
3 Mp5 + 1 Mp2 Act 2 run and that jerk won't give me anything. He also manages to always hide in the last spot I reach. God I hate act 2.

I also ran into a triple elite pack during this while nice for collecting stacks is wtf.
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 11/7/2012 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Open a program, run a random real number between 0 and 1, multiply the randomly generated number by 10 and round up, and then spank her that many times because she deserves it.
Reply Quote
Interesting, I run it on mp8 for keys and always get a key. What an odd occurrence.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 07:58 PMPosted by ArchonWing
He also manages to always hide in the last spot I reach. God I hate act 2.

It's the "spawn warden only when there is one patch of unexplored area left" feature, designed to make you waste maximum time searching.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Contrary to your experience, my luck with RNG has gone up! Every time I run Act III, I go and check for the Caverns of Frost for a Gibbering Gemstone, and I can’t tell you how many runs I did this before I finally got one last night.
Reply Quote
I think my highest was 9 times on mp5 no key
done a few times where i've done 4/5 runs on mp7 and not gotten !@#$ lol.
Reply Quote
i did 4x act2 mp3 runs and got 4keys, lacuni's and a mempho :p

then we did ubers mp8 and i got 3 of 3..

too bad the hellfire ring was an epic fail. RNG RNG RNG
Reply Quote
Well, done about 12 times on MP4, Act 4, no plans yet...

The other keys dropped quickly for me tho... What makes it tough in Act 4 is that the concentration of Elite/Champs only start on Silver Spire Level 1. It's really difficult to get 5 NV before entering Silver Spire Level 1.

I usually have to pray Nekarat is not right next to the waypoint and for me is also usually accompanied with 1 or 2 other elites. His ring of fire damage is very 'ouchy' LOL

But I take solace in the fact that once I get the plans, I just need to farm the keys where getting a 5 NV stack is so much easier! :)

13th time now... cyaz! :)
Reply Quote
Had the oddest experience yesterday with key runs.

Only playing on MP2.

Ran Act 1 three times. Dropped three keys.
Ran Act 2 two times. Dropped two keys.

Act 2 two more times, no dice. But still, 5 times in a row at Mp2 and I was beginning to head scratch.

Such is RNG.
Reply Quote
Act 2 keywarden. MP4. Ran 6 times today. Zero keys. :(

Random Number Generator, why are you so coy?

I did about 14 runs of mp3/4 on various acts and only got 1 key out of it. So I feel ur pain.
Reply Quote
used 7 infernal machines on mp6 and got 0 parts. RNG is a !@#$%.
Reply Quote
Why are blues such noobs...anyway had like 5 legendary drops in an hour...all total crap....my time with this game is almost over
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Ender

the guy posts about not getting keys and you tell us you finally got a gibbering gemstone 7 months after pony level was actually worth doing

really dude...? who cares

You obvious care, why else respond to his post?

pwned
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Foopster
who cares

i care..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]