Diablo® III

RNG is a bad girl today

Blue, anyone, please help...

I have a minor problem that started since the patch 1.0.5 and i dont know if i'm the only one having this but here it goes..

Whenever i am in-game, then i press "P", it brings up my profile window. Then when i transfer to the heroes tab, all the 3D modeling of my heroes are frozen..It won't even rotate..Same happens when i view the profile of another player and the background also flickers. The background also flickers when i go to the two towers on the edge of the abyss before the siegebreaker.. Again, this only happens when I'm in-game and it returns to normal when im on the main menu.

This might be a minor problem but it still has to be fixed. And no i haven't tried re-installing yet..I'd like to avoid that given the almost 1.5 hours installation...

Thanx to those who will help...
Reply Quote
I am confused...

I have no complaints about rng, but I like to crunch numbers.
So I proceeded to start testing my averages. Assuming chance % = mpx10
Which abruptly stopped after my first mp10 key run did not drop a key

Am I missing something?
Edited by Vencenzo#1510 on 11/8/2012 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Did you have 5 stacks of NV?
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Bear
Did you have 5 stacks of NV?

Had a feeling that was the case.
was trying a Wormhole+illusionist farm
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Foopster
Contrary to your experience, my luck with RNG has gone up! Every time I run Act III, I go and check for the Caverns of Frost for a Gibbering Gemstone, and I can’t tell you how many runs I did this before I finally got one last night.

the guy posts about not getting keys and you tell us you finally got a gibbering gemstone 7 months after pony level was actually worth doing

really dude...? who cares

I get keys from mp0 all the time... Are you jealous? Freak.
Reply Quote
the first time i killed the act1 keywarden in HC inferno on MP0 - it dropped key of destruction xD

i had 100 mf after nv stacks, very lucky i guess
Reply Quote
Are you guys running the MP4 by yourselves or with other people?

I tried by myself and it seems like I never get keys but when I am in a party of 4 it seems like they drop everytime.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Mystichobo
Interesting, I run it on mp8 for keys and always get a key. What an odd occurrence.

Ballerinas are the only ones who can run it on mp8. what an odd occurrence.
Reply Quote
Guys, running for keys on lower MP's is not worth it. You have to do MP7 or higher. I was doing KWs at MP7 yesterday...went 6/6 in act 2 and 3...then I went to act 1 where I went 1/3

Doing KW runs at lower MP's is like banging your head against the wall

Interesting, I run it on mp8 for keys and always get a key. What an odd occurrence.

Ballerinas are the only ones who can run it on mp8. what an odd occurrence.

metalsonic, i can run at mp8, and I ain't no ballerina...what an odd occurrence
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 11/8/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yesterday night did 9x uber portals and got 2x organs on MP6. TWO.

EDIT: of course she did reward me with a nice ring:

53 dex
65 vit
43 arcane res
73 res all
39 crit hit damage
5.5 crit hit chance

So really? I can't complain that loudly. =o
Edited by FadeXF#1379 on 11/8/2012 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:50 PMPosted by ktulu87
Why are blues such noobs...anyway had like 5 legendary drops in an hour...all total crap....my time with this game is almost over

Ohh you poor baby. All i see is people on here complaining about how they find 5 Legendaries in an hour and whining about them.

I have played every day since 1.05 came out, and have found 1. Never complained, game is still fun to me...
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 07:21 AMPosted by BlankEclipse
Why are blues such noobs...anyway had like 5 legendary drops in an hour...all total crap....my time with this game is almost over

Ohh you poor baby. All i see is people on here complaining about how they find 5 Legendaries in an hour and whining about them.

I have played every day since 1.05 came out, and have found 1. Never complained, game is still fun to me...

You know what? I don't think I believe you. I would love for a DEV to check into your account and call you on it. But they won't unfortunately.

What I buy is that you haven't found a USABLE legendary or even a decent one you could sell... but not getting a single legendary drop? Nope. Sorry I don't believe.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 07:28 AMPosted by TheChemicals
Ive never seen a keywarden material.

I'm not going to be rude but you do only have 1.4k kills and I don't expect your HC characters to be hunting the keys and ring. If that is your expectation then good luck. =) But your SC character has barely scratched the surface. If you play a couple of hours a night on MP4 you will easily get your key sets in a week... enough for 3x portals and a shot at the ring.

Let's put it to you this way... I could sit here and be like: "I've never flown a plane" which is an accurate statement... but I also don't own my pilots license, have never taken and pilot training, nor ever intend to. That doesn't actually land any credibility to my statement "I've never flown a plane" as if it were somehow out of reach or counter to "RNG" or whatever point you were trying to make. I'm just not interested in flying a plane just like you aren't really interested in hunting for the key wardens and ring.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012: Oddly I had my best RNG day ever. 11 legendary drops:

Promise of glory, Strongarm Bracers (x3), Dead Man's Legacy, Blackthorne's jousting mail, Immortal King's Tribal binding, Tasker and Theo, The Gidbinn, Ageless Might and lastly Tzo Krin's gaze.

All in about 6 hours. Mostly from Arreat (Act III) and there abouts. I was running co-op on default difficulty...
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Ender

the guy posts about not getting keys and you tell us you finally got a gibbering gemstone 7 months after pony level was actually worth doing

You obvious care, why else respond to his post?

This forum requires that every blue post must be trolled or criticised.

It is known.
Reply Quote
LOL I got a key on first run MP1 RNG my !@#$% Lover
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Foopster
Contrary to your experience, my luck with RNG has gone up! Every time I run Act III, I go and check for the Caverns of Frost for a Gibbering Gemstone, and I can’t tell you how many runs I did this before I finally got one last night.

rofl

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]