Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

this thread needs to be bumped. one of the best constructive suggestions for the game that I have read so far
Reply Quote
I love those ideas. Of course everything would have to be balanced, but I am still fond of how certains skills in D2 went beyond just getting more dmg when you upgraded them.

Lighting bolts covering the entire screen, Necros with millions of summons, corpse explosion exploding through the whole screen, fire walls stretching forever. Not necessarily optimal, but damn fun, and I think it would be a great way to add depth to D3 builds,

IMO, The best itemization in D2 was the specific itemization like "Nightwings Viel" for a cold sorc, "Infinity" for a nova sorc, etc...
Reply Quote
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Interesting blue post from another thread. Wonder if they have seen this 1 yet....
Reply Quote
+1 to all but Main stat alternatives should be a bit dif but they should give extra incentive to use a wizard helm that rolled 150 str and 150 dex and other optimal stats...
Reply Quote
Very good ideas +1
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Krankenstien
+1 to all but Main stat alternatives should be a bit dif but they should give extra incentive to use a wizard helm that rolled 150 str and 150 dex and other optimal stats...

Yes I know, I am to the point where I dont care how its done but they need to improve the itemization in this game.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 1/24/2013 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
One day you will get a blue post, dude. I feel it.
Reply Quote
+1 This is a great read, If these were implemented it would make the game much more "unique"
Reply Quote
+1 Good job, well said! I bet a blue all ready read this thread.

I feel like you kind of stated the same points multiple times, though.
Reply Quote
SO +1 on all the suggestions! Nowhere "gamebreaking", except for the main stat changes. But for the "make useless affixes viable" part i totally agree. One Should be able to shine at one particular thing (even 1 single skill) if he wants to (say cover the whole screen in a blizzard with a huge pickup radius linked to that)
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 07:32 AMPosted by XotoX
Nowhere "gamebreaking", except for the main stat changes.

The main stat changes I think would be great but it would have to come with an expansion... They couldnt do that to the economy with a patch. People would be pissed lol
Reply Quote
Come on over to the other side, OldSchool. Grass is green and the air is clear.

You've done all you can here, bro. None of the good stuff is ever going to start happening with this one.

Be well, sir.
Reply Quote
Come on over to the other side, OldSchool. Grass is green and the air is clear.

You've done all you can here, bro. None of the good stuff is ever going to start happening with this one.

Be well, sir.

I know, lol... some day they will realize that fun itemization is more important than design philosophy.
Reply Quote
+1
Great ideas, I loved doing weird builds in D2 as well. And we need something to fix the current witch doctor.
I was so exicited about this class to begin with, but he just cant hold a candle to my barb. Would love it if he could be like the ultimate team guy, (ie. everyone wants a WD in the group, cause his crowd control RULES)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]