Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

These suggestions are certainly very good. Not all are actually feasible but certainly implementing a few of the easier ones would make the game much better for it.
Reply Quote
This is a really good productive helpful post. I've had similar ideas. The way you posted it here is very clear and positive. I hope that Blizzard appreciates the time you took into compiling these ideas and posting it here. I hope the Diablo 3 team takes a lot of your ideas into consideration and enacts the best of the ideas if they can be implemented that is.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 08:24 PMPosted by tekkazerox
These suggestions are certainly very good. Not all are actually feasible but certainly implementing a few of the easier ones would make the game much better for it.

Can you elaborate how they are not feasible? I agree that expanding main stat system would change the whole game and the economy. It would be more suited for an expansion. But, other than that, I think these itemization suggestions are some of the most feasible suggestions out there.

Like I said, the examples I used are just examples but those are the kind of features I did not make up or invent. These already exist in the current game but are barley implemented.
Reply Quote
This is a really good productive helpful post. I've had similar ideas.

What are some of your ideas? Ive been following a lot of opinions on itemization. Its really nice to get a wide spectrum of what people are generally looking for.
Reply Quote
Great post man!

But I doubt these developers will make any significant changes anytime soon....if ever. It just seems like they tried to make their own mark on the Diablo franchise and will stand by it even if it sucks just for the sake of stubbornness.

From the very beginning it's felt like they got a bunch of people who worked on WoW to make this game. It's been so disappointing that I've given up on the fact that this game will make a turn around anytime soon.

And this is coming from a guy who played D2 for 5 years and almost lost a semester my junior year in college because I was so addicted.
Reply Quote
nice ideas @ topic

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7884088486

read more, you will appreciate what you will can read,

give your answer about that on the main topic please, thanks

diablo 3 will be more-awesome game Soon
Edited by Zenjin#2197 on 2/9/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Great post man!

But I doubt these developers will make any significant changes anytime soon....if ever. It just seems like they tried to make their own mark on the Diablo franchise and will stand by it even if it sucks just for the sake of stubbornness.

From the very beginning it's felt like they got a bunch of people who worked on WoW to make this game. It's been so disappointing that I've given up on the fact that this game will make a turn around anytime soon.

And this is coming from a guy who played D2 for 5 years and almost lost a semester my junior year in college because I was so addicted.

Dude, I feel you on that. Diablo has withstood the hands of time for me. It has always been there and I dreamed for a Diablo 3. It has always been there until that dream came true. I logged on today and played and I couldn't even farm 5 NV stacks until I felt like I was wasting my time.

I swear on this. They need to: STOP GIVING US STUFF TO DO, and fix the current state. I have always played to min max my current characters like I did in D2 and the only thing to do in this game is farm for junk. If there was fun itemization like I described in this post I would be playing the hell out of this game. There would actually be builds. They completely ruined builds in this game. Everything is the same.
Reply Quote
They HAVE to make some major changes if they want to sell even a million copies of the expansion. I'm hoping the new Game Director will come in and read topics like this and make some big adjustments to the game. I can dream right?
Reply Quote
View profile
This is a really well done and well thought out post. I had to double check to make sure that I am on the US forums. Because this is typical of a EU forum thread.

But I still do not totally agree with you on all points.

Gear will not make every build under the sun that is possible viable. Take the following build. I doubt the the BiS wizard gear would make this build viable.

All four armors
A familiar
A signature spell.

That might be okay in coop but I high doubt it would be viable in coop.

There are no doubt some builds that could take the thorns on armor and make it useful. There is a WD passive that gives the thorns you have to your pets. Then of course there is a monk and a barbarian that could use them in a thorns build. Certainly not optimal but no doubt doable.

If you were to add in the more health from health globes and potions to heal skills. Then they would beome way OP'd. I would rather them to break up both potion and health globes into two different affixes. That way the health from health potions could also add in reduction to the cool down of using the potion.
Reply Quote
Gear will not make every build under the sun that is possible viable. Take the following build. I doubt the the BiS wizard gear would make this build viable.

All four armors
A familiar
A signature spell.

That might be okay in coop but I high doubt it would be viable in coop.

You are not allowed more than one armor. If you could, it could certainly be viable. You could stack a ton of affixes that boost your signature spell for example.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UjfTOS!fVW!ZaabZZ
Reply Quote
Awesome posts OP. I must have missed this one when it first landed. I'm glad to see another person who shares my views on the necessary changes for the game. I noticed that one of my past threads was linked so I'm glad you've seen my thoughts on the matter and agree.
Reply Quote
Also signed on just to give this support.

I think one of the most important points OP has revolves around the idea that currently the top-end gear that everyone strives for has ALL of the important stats. something like AR or CC might be missing from your gear, though ideally there is still room to have that piece of gear plus that stat because that's how many important stats there are.

OP's suggestions not only address the qualitative benefit of currently unused affixes, but give enough different, completely functional builds that when searching the AH, I am consciously making a choice to forego one benefit for another. With this in place, I can search other players' profiles and be jealous.

Blizzard decided to create a uniformity skill-wise, which is fine on it's own, but this streamlining of character classes really needs supplementation from customization somewhere. Will anything even close to OP's suggestions, so many different mp10 viable builds will be possible that it would not only drastically change the 1-60 game, but that during that time players can be looking up builds and really have to make critical choices about what they want to accomplish with their character. 60+ becomes an entirely different game at this point; those who want to experiment with skills still have complete freedom, and those wishing for 'permanent choices' actually have it because the equipment they buy will only allow their select skills to be the most useful.

Really amazing post, OP. Together with this and another post floating around with an in-depth look at perks and such to correspond with paragon levels, and endgame ideas including an endless dungeon D3, could easily become the best in the genre.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that my whole family bought this game (myself, all 4 of my sisters, my dad, and my brother-in-law), as well as a few good friends, yet I'm the only who still plays (albeit off and on). With any of these said changes, I could absolutely bring them all back, and I myself would play consistently.

Here's hoping.
Edited by Touya#1672 on 2/10/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
WoW... I mean WoW... you have already shown your passion for this game by writing all of that out and not grinding on the multi-boxer's or worse potential item dupe's:(

I too have felt that itemization has been bad from the beginning. There should be twice as many options on most things and really that's the best you they can come up with on Gems? Would love to see each gem represent a main skill bonus for each type of character on an ammy or a ring sock?

It is my only hope and desire that Blizz implements any of these solutions in the near future and hopefully most of them with an expansion pack!
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Touya
Also signed on just to give this support.

Thanks!

02/10/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Touya
With this in place, I can search other players' profiles and be jealous.

I know! Everyone's profile looks the same anymore
Reply Quote
Just saw the Ask the Devs answers. Nothing on itemization as I expected. Patch 1.0.7 did nothing for itemization. Just added more of the same.

I would love to see them just address the community concerns with itemization as a whole, even if it takes years to implement.

Awareness is the first step.
Reply Quote
View profile
WOW!!! I would really be excited about a patch that added just SOME of the ideas you suggested here.

Amazing post!

If 1.0.8 had nothing but variable monster density updates for all the Acts plus your example changes for linking worthless stats to abilities, it would instantly make the game x10 better.

Thanks for posting this.
Reply Quote
Just dropped by to give my support as well, people here have already stated how good and organized your post was so I won't be writing anything new.

However I certainly would LOVE to see a blue "nice suggestions I have forwarded your ideas to the devs thanks for your time". That's the least this thread deserves!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]