Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

Just dropped by to give my support as well, people here have already stated how good and organized your post was so I won't be writing anything new.

However I certainly would LOVE to see a blue "nice suggestions I have forwarded your ideas to the devs thanks for your time". That's the least this thread deserves!

Thanks a lot! Let me know if you hear anything back.

02/12/2013 06:55 AMPosted by Kezmaefele
Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for your support.
Reply Quote
These will be in Diablo 4 - release date 12/1/27
Reply Quote
As long as it has good itemization lol
Reply Quote
Good post, lot of effort, correct for the most part.

But I think also what goes along with itemization (or does not, for that matter) is the difficulty curve. Diablo 3's difficulty curve is really really BAD. You either are good enough to progress, or you DIE ALOT. Also, Inferno is not very difficult considering it was supposed to be for only the hardcore players. It failed at its mission.

Just something to keep in mind.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Wolverine
Inferno is not very difficult considering it was supposed to be for only the hardcore players. It failed at its mission.

I agree... They are already about turning the casual player into a hardcore player and inferno goes against that. They realized after they released the game that inferno wasn't a place to separate the 2 and that it was all about efficiency (hence the monster power system).
Reply Quote
One word: GLORIOUS!!

This changes would make this game eternal.
Edited by Hydde#1923 on 2/19/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
One word: GLORIOUS!!

This changes would make this game eternal.

You my boy blue!
Reply Quote
Yes Sir. I will never give up on this games itemization.
Reply Quote
those are some tremendous ideas. i hope the CM's get whiff of you're post and try to make it happen.
+1
Reply Quote
This is a really nice thread with a lot of suggestions on how to improve the blend itemization as it is today. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I have been collecting threads about the subject and I've added yours to it.
Reply Quote
You sir are correct. This game requires very little in order to make it a wonderfully diverse platform of play styles. Unfortunately, that would require blizzard and the diablo 3 team to admit that they have focused on the wrong aspects of this game. In other posts blizzard has admitted that topaz and the thorns mechanic is useless. I feel this is a step in the right direction. I tend to agree that diablo 3 doesn't utilize the content already available. Itemization is the biggest problem. But also I feel they should cut 1 rune from every ability and then make every rune competitive. Lastly, itemization and rebalancing the skills are priority but why not add something to make act 1 and act 4 useful.

Moral of the story: Blizzard fix and utilize the material you already have put into the game. In most cases this is simple number tweaks. Not that difficult....
Reply Quote
+1 Godly post.

You've put a lot of work into this and I find it sad that a blue didn't even reply/acknowledge, or give at least an ounce of a feedback, while they reply to many insignificant posts.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
This is a really nice thread with a lot of suggestions on how to improve the blend itemization as it is today. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I have been collecting threads about the subject and I've added yours to it.

Thanks for adding it.

+1 Godly post.

You've put a lot of work into this and I find it sad that a blue didn't even reply/acknowledge, or give at least an ounce of a feedback, while they reply to many insignificant posts.

It would be nice if they did and at least addressed itemization issues.
Reply Quote
Good post. But, sadly, this is one of those threads that Blizzard tends to "listen to silently" without replying.
The more they ignore, the more reputations they lose.
Reply Quote
It's great to see that this one has still been getting airtime after all these passing months. It's odd how the lead developers don't pop in to say thank you at the very least for the time you put into this, OldSchool.

Most of us true RPG / Diablo fans have given up, yet you soldier on. Kudos, sir.
Reply Quote
Flawless post my friend!

Every point should be implemented.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
This thread is amazing. If it has not been read yet, I really hope it is soon.

I don't even know how to compliment you correctly in typed words...
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]