Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

View profile
Yes and lets go even farther.

Pentaflecta, Hexafletca, heptaflecta!

oops heptaflecta(7) wont work because you cant have 7 affixes. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Yes This is it! This is the way D3 need to move. there are 10 affixes must have but a weapon can only get 4.

Which 4 will different player choice? Skill set , Build , Afflix diversify ! Stack 1234 is optimum for Build A and my friend optimum 5678 for his build B Someone use skill C will need 1278 .... etc. Efficieny of build A with 1234 Build B with 5678 Build C 1278 is the same!
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/27/2013 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, then you're stuck at Hexafecta and you've made everything else (Even the current Trifectas) worthless.It just masks the old issue with a completely new issue.

I think I see where you are going with this but the NEW issue wouldnt be AN issue as in ONE issue.

If you had as many as say 12 damage affixes there would not be a hexaflecta. There would be many different hexaflecta's.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/27/2013 11:25 PMPosted by sheltem
If you had as many as say 12 damage affixes there would not be a hexaflecta. There would be many different hexaflecta's.

Yes, but the mere existence of a "Hexafecta" in the first place is the whole problem with the system.

Now if it was all about finding multiple "Bifectas" or "Trifectas" on the SAME ITEM then it would be a different story.

Though you're right, having multiple "fectas" of anything will lessen the problem, but not eliminate it.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Meatpuppet
+1000 for grammar and formatting. It's rare these days to read well-parsed text

+10000000 for doing it while drunk as well.
Reply Quote
Well Drothvader, It was just an idea at the spur of the moments so to speak, and not meant to be a perfect example.

But I think you agree with me that there are a couple ways to at least lessen the trifecta problem if not to completely eliminate it.

So I will stop here but thanks for the conversation anyways.
Reply Quote
Good stuff, although the wedding part was all kinds of sad.

+1 for the ideas
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
02/27/2013 11:38 PMPosted by sheltem
So I will stop here but thanks for the conversation anyways.

I don't mean to discourage you from conversing. =(

I do agree with you that there are multiple ways to solve the problem. I just don't think dumping a gazillion new affixes into the mix without regulating how they can roll will solve the core problem. I think it might just compound it.

It was just an idea at the spur of the moments so to speak, and not meant to be a perfect example.

It's ok, I open my mouth more often than I should. (Or bang my fingertips on the keyboard... whatevs)

I have a tendency to go on a lot of rants that I later regret. =( Not that I'm saying your idea is stupid or implying that in any way, I'm just saying don't feel bad if you feel that way because I do it very often. >.<

But I think you agree with me that there are a couple ways to at least lessen the trifecta problem if not to completely eliminate it.

Yes, I do agree on that point.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
To be honest the only reason everyone is truly unhappy with the itemisation is theres no Item dump.
You only have to play HC to see items have value again, obviously I would like to see some new affixes implemented or changed from what we currently have.

But even if Blizzard introduces new godly affixes, until there is an item dump we'll come across the same problem we have now. Its near on impossible to find a decent item let alone godly item. Since nearly everything you find can be found on AH for cheap.

My idea: Implement a BOE system where an item has a durability BOE meter say 3/3. meaning once the item has been equipped or even bought by 4 different accounts, it becomes BOA. This will remove every item after 4 different accounts using it and bind to the last.

This will remove items from he Economy and aslo Slow/Stop flippers. Aslo it will make some godly items quite cheap when its on 1/3 BOE durability as its loses value because for the next user it becomes BOA.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/27/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
To be honest the only reason everyone is truly unhappy with the itemisation is theres no Item dump.
You only have to play HC to see items have value again, obviously I would like to see some new affixes implemented or changed from what we currently have.

But even if Blizzard introduces new godly affixes, until there is an item dump we'll come across the same problem we have now. Its near on impossible to find a decent item let alone godly item. Since nearly everything you find can be found on AH for cheap.

My idea: Implement a BOE system where an item has a durability BOE meter say 3/3. meaning once the item has been equipped or even bought by 4 different accounts, it becomes BOA. This will remove every item after 4 different accounts using it and bind to the last.

This will remove items from he Economy and aslo Slow/Stop flippers. Aslo it will make some godly items quite cheap when its on 1/3 BOE durability as its loses value because for the next user it becomes BOA.

I like that idea quite a lot.
Reply Quote
This is a great and constructive thread which brings up both a lot of good ideas and valid points. Items is a topic of conversation on a daily basis, we talk about where they are currently, where we want them to be, and how to get them there. Some of the future changes involve making item affixes that aren’t currently good into something that at least some players are really excited to see. A good example of this is Pickup Radius and Witch Doctors. Sure not everyone wants a lot of Pickup Radius on their gear but there are some specs of WD that love it and want as much as possible and we want to expand that idea further. Thorns is a good example of a stat that, at its core has potential, but in reality falls short. While we plan to improve thorns by allowing a players primary stat to increase its damage, we have other plans that help further embrace thorns for specific classes and specs.

Increasing the availability of skill specific affixes and school damage affixes is also something we plan on doing. They have the potential to open up more fun and varied character builds as well as simply giving players another way to improve abilities they enjoy. An example that has worked previously is Zombie Dogs and Sacrifice using Zombie Dog cooldown items, Wall of Zombies cooldown items with Pile On, and Hammer of Ancients with cost reduction items. We like that these builds exist and want to open up even more builds by virtue of expanding the availability of these affixes.

We want items to make you feel more powerful but more importantly we want players to feel like items can be game changers. We want players to find items and think to themselves “whoa I wanna try making a spec for this item” or “oh man I’m totally gonna level a Monk to use this thing”. Improving the overall feel of the Diablo item game is something that is incredibly important to us and is receiving a lot of attention from our development team because it's important to you all as well.

Haleeeefrickinluuuuyah! I'd love to be able to get a really cool drop and say to myself, "hmmmmm, now this could be quite fun and interesting!"

Let's get this party started, or rather you get it started and we shall attend! :D
Reply Quote
I would like to see items that + to skills, but not just resource cost reduction or damage bonuses.

Example: I would love to be able to increase my rend range somehow with items. Imagine a 40 meter rend ..... =)
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 08:35 PMPosted by DeadRu
Stopped reading here

You should have stopped typing right there...
Reply Quote
View profile
This is a great and constructive thread which brings up both a lot of good ideas and valid points. Items is a topic of conversation on a daily basis, we talk about where they are currently, where we want them to be, and how to get them there. Some of the future changes involve making item affixes that aren’t currently good into something that at least some players are really excited to see. A good example of this is Pickup Radius and Witch Doctors. Sure not everyone wants a lot of Pickup Radius on their gear but there are some specs of WD that love it and want as much as possible and we want to expand that idea further. Thorns is a good example of a stat that, at its core has potential, but in reality falls short. While we plan to improve thorns by allowing a players primary stat to increase its damage, we have other plans that help further embrace thorns for specific classes and specs.

Increasing the availability of skill specific affixes and school damage affixes is also something we plan on doing. They have the potential to open up more fun and varied character builds as well as simply giving players another way to improve abilities they enjoy. An example that has worked previously is Zombie Dogs and Sacrifice using Zombie Dog cooldown items, Wall of Zombies cooldown items with Pile On, and Hammer of Ancients with cost reduction items. We like that these builds exist and want to open up even more builds by virtue of expanding the availability of these affixes.

We want items to make you feel more powerful but more importantly we want players to feel like items can be game changers. We want players to find items and think to themselves “whoa I wanna try making a spec for this item” or “oh man I’m totally gonna level a Monk to use this thing”. Improving the overall feel of the Diablo item game is something that is incredibly important to us and is receiving a lot of attention from our development team because it's important to you all as well.

You guys are finally starting go "get it".
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Travis Day
Increasing the availability of skill specific affixes and school damage affixes is also something we plan on doing.

What do you mean by "school damage" ?

This is all good news, but do you intend to add other ways to increase damage than main stat + trifecta ? I mean, this is boring as hell...
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 02:30 AMPosted by Mist3rHyde

Fire, Arcane, Lightning, Poison, Physical.
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 02:51 AMPosted by Aphraell

Oh OK. Those are so useless I even forgot they existed ^^
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 02:56 AMPosted by Mist3rHyde

There far from useless if its implemented properly. Who wouldnt want their main attack gain +20% damage?
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Travis Day

Finally you realize the truth in what I've been preaching the whole time :p
Reply Quote

There far from useless if its implemented properly. Who wouldnt want their main attack gain +20% damage?

Yep my bad, it's just that they could easily rename it all to "+X% damage", since the denomination has absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever. I mean, who cares if it's poison or physical or lightning, it changes nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]