Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

If you're going to put this much time into a forum post...it's perhaps time to write a design document for a game and start pitching it around. Maybe get some programmers/designers interested and open up a Kickstarter ;)
Reply Quote
I support this post and all of the proposed ideas 100%.

I wouldn't mind if all of the proposed changes took the next 4 patches and the expansion to achieve. I am in no hurry.

The proposed changes would bring many people back to Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
This is the amount of thought that I wish would have gone into the game in the first place. Alas we were Wilson'ed. Not saying it was all his fault, I just like that as a description.
Reply Quote
I don't think you are asking all this for a single patch like many here. I understand your vision for the game and I just can agree with all your requests, knowing that they should be added/implemented on time (as soon as possible of course)!

You are right, Blizzard encourages "diversity", but, at the same time, we have a community of gamers that worries only for using the same couple (in the best case scenario) of builds for each class, what is absolutely boring!

This game is oriented to loop -no doubt- and diversity is discouraged, that is the ugly truth!

Thanks for these great ideas.
Reply Quote
+1
hope to see on eu forums too.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Graximus
Not a single person on these forums is going to read all that. If you feel the need to rant, at least keep it short.

Well, I read it all and must say: Amazing ideas OP.
Reply Quote
+1!

I would like to see this get a blue response... This was really well thought out and it would add so much depth to itemization and easy to do! It doesn't even add anything new but just takes whats right in front of our faces and makes it better. Its a shame that only topics like rate the barb above you or duping rages get into the top 10 list. This one needs some attention.
Edited by Rex#1544 on 11/17/2012 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not a single person on these forums is going to read all that. If you feel the need to rant, at least keep it short.

Eh. I like the post and agree with most of it but the health globes are needed when you dont use loh items. I depend on those little red balls falling.
Edited by Stonefist#1570 on 11/17/2012 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sticky requested.
Reply Quote
First of amazing read. Second to add to your idea about off stats being more usefull. They could just make off stats do more for classes. Such as a wizard that has a lot of dex gets more dodge out of it per point then a monk would. Simply because the monk would stack near 3k dex. not so much for a wiz. Even a monk stacking int should be able to get more res. all out of the int then a wd or wiz. This alone would create much much more build diversity. Along with build diversity it would make all those bad rolled items semi usefull... Ie not 90% of what you find is trash.
Edited by Kojima#1589 on 11/17/2012 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump for good ideas
Reply Quote
Yes, yes yes. The changes listed would make the game more interesting. I marvel at all the useless stats and wonder if the designers understood the narrow focus that would be forced on every player at endgame. Well they should understand by now, so please fix it.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:43 AMPosted by papadanko
To prove it, the best man’s speech at my wedding began by telling hundreds of people that I really like Diablo…

I tried to get my wife to have everyone say 'Ral-Ort-Tal' together in our wedding ceremony just before I kissed the bride, and she just sighed.
I say "Fus Roh Dah" when I pray, instead of "Amen".
Reply Quote
I didn't read anything but what the OP wrote and . . . . . .Bump. Smartest thing i have read on these forums
Reply Quote
I will bump this a bunch. This is what the game should be like
Reply Quote
Bump Bump
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote

I read the whole thing and it wasn't a rant in the least. Ranting is b!tching about a problem without providing a feasible solution.

Excellent analysis and suggestions. The creativity displayed here is astounding, I'm surprised that these were not part of the original D3 package.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys
It becomes a game where anyone, can switch to any build, at any time, and be better, based on this narrow itemization focus and zero commitment.

I love how people think this is a bad thing.

lol

You also called pickup radius and extra health from globes bad, so perhaps you should do some homework about how the game actually functions before you say that it is bad.

You have some really good ideas that people have been talking about for a while, but I think your premise is inherently flawed.

Pickup Radius and Health Globe bonus is too unreliable to rely on, not to mention it will have 0 place in pvp.

His solutions solve both of those issues, you are the one whose premise is flawed.

Also, being able to do recreate your entire character isntantly IS a bad thing, it ruins replayability. A happy medium can be reached, and like the OP I think that having build specific items is a good way for that to happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]