Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

bump, nice ideas man
Reply Quote
+1. Hardly post on these forums these days. Read the whole thing, very well put and totally reasonable, although implementation of these ideas would take Blizzard centuries at the rate they go. Hopefully we will see at least a few of these in the future.
Reply Quote
No way I'm reading the entire post, but by reading the titles of every section I've already given a like to each of them.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 02:20 PMPosted by soulesseye
why is this still not looked at

Cause blizzard put forums so people can chill out and extemporize their feelings.

Blizzard is a well built company and obviously never needed your ideas to achieve that, therefore they do not feel like you have any weight on the final decision.
Reply Quote
why is this still not looked at

Cause blizzard put forums so people can chill out and extemporize their feelings.

Blizzard is a well built company and obviously never needed your ideas to achieve that, therefore they do not feel like you have any weight on the final decision.

Fail. They do read posts, but they don't need to answer them. In fact, Blizzard has always changed things based on people's ideas (not everything), and you CAN'T deny that.

Edit: Or whas it sarcasm? Sometimes it's difficult to realize if a text is sarcastic :P
Edited by Ometius#1366 on 11/25/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1 to these ideas. Would make the game much more interesting.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Ometius

Fail. They do read posts, but they don't need to answer them. In fact, Blizzard has always changed things based on people's ideas (not everything), and you CAN'T deny that.

Edit: Or whas it sarcasm? Sometimes it's difficult to realize if a text is sarcastic :P

lul
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Graximus
Not a single person on these forums is going to read all that. If you feel the need to rant, at least keep it short.

+1 no intention, even a little...if some blue does, more power to them..but somehow I feel narcissism is strong with this one...as if there aren't enough devs on D3, that have a CLUE what is going on...

Troll is strong with that one...maybe he's playing wow, and is bored LOL

chow
caJAI
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Good job, OldSchool.
Reply Quote
EXAMPLES of primary stat changes:

Intelligence Damage Benefit: Peirce the enemy’s resistance & reduces cool downs.
Dexterity Damage Benefit: Increase movement and attack speed.
Strength Damage Benefit: Pure damage boost & increased crowd control chance.

NOT VERY GOOD,
wiz and wd will still stack int for cooldown, dh, barb, monk have less problem with cooldown to make them stack non-main stat, instead resource generation bonus like in templar skill is better.

same goes to dex, most monk and dh is craving to have more aspd, will stack dex, dex bonus to cooldown will makes wiz and wd to stack them instead.

str is already boost damage, this will make barb more OP compare to others thus officially make Barblo3, -CC duration is better this way. with WOTB barb need less -CC duration than the rest.

while making stacking non-main stat beneficial, the 2nd effect should not boost the main stat toon too much.

@OP, overall the idea is good
Edited by batang#6346 on 12/3/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
awesomeness lies within.
Reply Quote
EXAMPLES of primary stat changes:

Intelligence Damage Benefit: Peirce the enemy’s resistance & reduces cool downs.
Dexterity Damage Benefit: Increase movement and attack speed.
Strength Damage Benefit: Pure damage boost & increased crowd control chance.

NOT VERY GOOD,
wiz and wd will still stack int for cooldown, dh, barb, monk have less problem with cooldown to make them stack non-main stat, instead resource generation bonus like in templar skill is better.

same goes to dex, most monk and dh is craving to have more aspd, will stack dex, dex bonus to cooldown will makes wiz and wd to stack them instead.

str is already boost damage, this will make barb more OP compare to others thus officially make Barblo3, -CC duration is better this way. with WOTB barb need less -CC duration than the rest.

while making stacking non-main stat beneficial, the 2nd effect should not boost the main stat toon too much.

@OP, overall the idea is good

Like I had said, these are just examples. I really like your idea to have one of them boost resource generation. Please keep in mind that you state that classes will still go for the same attribute. You are speaking for the mass with this statement. Though, the majority might, I would like to have the flexibility to choose myself. I would like to see the design take a direction where each main attribute has its own play style associated with it.

These are just examples. A lot more depth could be added to the main stat system. I think redefining these, giving them secondary bonuses and opening them up to all classes would a good starting point.
Reply Quote
I think you really hit the nail on the head as far as the core problems that D3 has. I think that they did not realize how imbalanced the stat and affix system was. "Optimal Stats" shouldnt be the same for every build. They made some effort to add competing stats like %dmg to x skill or dmg type but as you stated they still cant compete with the "optimal" stats. YOU have some pretty good ideas of how to solve this and i'm sure that a few adjustments like these could make a world of difference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]