Diablo® III

The Immortal Words of Old School (Itemization)

I think your solutions to the big 3 underutilized stats (thorns, pickup radius, health globes) are incredibly elegant. Well thought out, viable, definitely should be implemented.

Great post.
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
+1000 on all points.

Now let's just hope Blizzard, for once, listens to its loyal fan base.
Reply Quote
This is another wonderful thread amongst a sea of garbage on this forum. Bump for great justice.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2012 09:21 AMPosted by OldSchool
Bump

Just a note: If you really think, I as someone who works for a living and plays games later ( READ: I HAVE A LIFE, and IM sure many many many many many other people do too?) is going to sit there, and read this LONG boring stuff stuff ( though I admit took you quite sometime to writeup, so that's nice obviously, no insult to that at all) considering that I think the game is basically , ok as it is, then you are on something dude ;)

If it waS one or two paragraphs , listing the important things,I'd have read it, but not this way, as stated earlier, I do have SOME assemblance of a life..and me writing this took far less time ;)

E for effort.

chow
caJAI
Reply Quote
Bump

Just a note: If you really think, I as someone who works for a living and plays games later ( READ: I HAVE A LIFE, and IM sure many many many many many other people do too?) is going to sit there, and read this LONG boring stuff stuff ( though I admit took you quite sometime to writeup, so that's nice obviously, no insult to that at all) considering that I think the game is basically , ok as it is, then you are on something dude ;)

If it waS one or two paragraphs , listing the important things,I'd have read it, but not this way, as stated earlier, I do have SOME assemblance of a life..and me writing this took far less time ;)

E for effort.

chow
caJAI

Then why are you here?

No insult taken. Your entitled to your opinion. I understand your concern for quick & short reads. This topic probably isnt for you. The 100+ other people who have read this seem to agree with me and like this thread...
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/12/2012 10:14 AMPosted by OldSchool

E for effort.

chow
caJAI

Then why are you here?

No insult taken. Your entitled to your opinion. I understand your concern for quick % short reads. This topic probably isnt for you. The 100+ other people who have read this seem to agree with me and like the topic...

Im not the only one who noted the ridiculous length, so its not just me. If you want people to read such LONG excessive posts, consider length , and those that did read it, worry me and Im glad I don't live next to them LOL

Some of us work...some of us have other responsibilities, and take our expended time VERY seriously ;)

NO offense , but those facts. I love gaming, and very much enjoy D3, but not THAT much ;)

TEHO.
caJAI
Reply Quote
View profile

Then why are you here?

No insult taken. Your entitled to your opinion. I understand your concern for quick % short reads. This topic probably isnt for you. The 100+ other people who have read this seem to agree with me and like the topic..

Im not the only one who noted the ridiculous length, so its not just me. If you want people to read such LONG excessive posts, consider length , and those that did read it, worry me and Im glad I don't live next to them LOL

Some of us work...some of us have other responsibilities, and take our expended time VERY seriously ;)

NO offense , but those facts. I love gaming, and very much enjoy D3, but not THAT much ;)

I am also 'here' because I did start to read the post, I really did so I deserve E for effort (* you know you want to!!!!), but I got smart and thought HM I wonder if this is another one of those extra inning POSTS, and sure enough; I don't have time..if Im going to read something I should really do it all, so I stopped.

I have better things to do with my time, and I wanted to voice my opinion that you lost a reader due to length.

chow man
cajAI

TEHO.
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 12/12/2012 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well I probably lost a lot more than just 1... Good thing I am not forcing it on anyone. :)
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I probably lost lost a lot more than just 1... Good thing I am not forcing it on anyone. :)

Who said you were forcing it on anyone, lets not be mr/miss drama queen :)

I just voiced my opinion, like you did, right ?

OK? OK>...........;)

cheers
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 12/12/2012 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
So glad this was pulled up above the multitude of virtually useless threads so that it was on the front page for me to find!

I sincerely enjoy reading threads such as yours as they fan my sometimes feeble spark of hope for this game. The hope that Blizzard is taking notes on what is being offered by many of their die-hard fans; comparing their own ideas alongside the well thought out and articulate posts such as your own.

Thank you.

Just remember patience is a virtue.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 10:46 AMPosted by FatherFish
So glad this was pulled up above the multitude of virtually useless threads so that it was on the front page for me to find!

You can thank cajunctionAI for her free bumps lol

I sincerely enjoy reading threads such as yours as they fan my sometimes feeble spark of hope for this game. The hope that Blizzard is taking notes on what is being offered by many of their die-hard fans; comparing their own ideas alongside the well thought out and articulate posts such as your own.

Thank you.

Just remember patience is a virtue.

Thanks for taking the time to read and the positive response.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 12/12/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
+1 from me
I read the 2nd half and so far i agree with everything (only exception being that making to many items that promote only single spells could end up making even more loot considered as useless; I would start with elemental dmg (like tal rashas set bonus that only benefits the spells that actually use that element (and Tal rasha set needs a buff))
Reply Quote
Read it all! Agree to it! Free bump! Hope these come atleast sometime
Reply Quote
+1 from me
I read the 2nd half and so far i agree with everything (only exception being that making to many items that promote only single spells could end up making even more loot considered as useless; I would start with elemental dmg (like tal rashas set bonus that only benefits the spells that actually use that element (and Tal rasha set needs a buff))

Yeah I know what you mean. I think there could be a right and a wrong way to go about implamenting something like this. As long as these direct skill stats arnt too common I think it would be ok.

I also think Part 3 – (Expanding Main Stats) would almost completely fix the whole useless item problem you are referring to with the games current itemization.
Reply Quote
+1 from me.

Some of my thoughts: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393669868?page=1#1
Reply Quote
Pickup radius is NOT a worthless stat.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]