Diablo® III

Disappointed with Nephalem Valor

nv is fine, why the !@#$ is everyone a whiney %^-*!. play the damn game
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 12:24 AMPosted by xxzxkfc
5NV is really annoying, especially in ACT4.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't you don't have to play more than like 3 hours in act 4 in your entire D3 lifetime.
Reply Quote
stop telling us how to play the game!!! I want to play diablo 3 my way and I hate the fact that i have to play in areas I hate and for longer times instead of just " < 1 minute ". I Hate Nephalem Valor please get rid of it. Why call this game Diablo should have been called something else. Jay Wilson is the worst game designer ever.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Morningrise
That is no longer possible, seeing that it will often take 20 minutes just to get your 5 stacks up. Now, a magic find run that could be 5 minutes has turned into 45 minutes.

Takes me 2 to 5 mins tops to achieve 5 stacks. same for my DH. you're doing it very wrong I think. Especially looking at your gear.

12/18/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Lylirra
Certainly, one of our goals is to allow people to play game sessions that are about 5 to 10 minutes in length and still be rewarded well

Come on now... my usual reward for a full day's farming is gold picked up topped by a certain number of brimstones. get real.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 12/19/2012 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I feel like without nephalem valor, you don't get any loot. No matter what MP or whether you have max magic find already or not. One time I was on mp 10 with max magic find, and I killed the key warden with zero nephalem valor. I got all blues. Not a single rare. My magic find was 550%. If I did have 5 nephalem valor, I'm sure I would have gotten like 4 rares at least. I thought that was a little ridiculous how magic find was worthless in that situation.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:21 AMPosted by TwistedFoo
I feel like without nephalem valor, you don't get any loot. No matter what MP or whether you have max magic find already or not. One time I was on mp 10 with max magic find, and I killed the key warden with zero nephalem valor. I got all blues. Not a single rare. My magic find was 550%. If I did have 5 nephalem valor, I'm sure I would have gotten like 4 rares at least. I thought that was a little ridiculous how magic find was worthless in that situation.

I killed a mp10 goblin with 4 nephalem valor stack capped mf (100 paragon) that's 600 mf...
one white, 2 blues, 2 potions, 2 gems.
Worthwhile!!
Reply Quote

TLDR: Nephalem Valor isn't fun; remove it and let us farm where we want without farming buffs. I don't want to play in more areas, and I don't want to play longer. I want to play where I want for how long I want.

a) you must be really lame, it takes less than 5 minutes to get 5 stacks. if you are taking longer than that. that means you are doing it wrong.

b) stacks are not even mandatory for mf. 5 nv stack for pure mf farming just gives you guaranteed rare. if you don't like the idea of nv, then do without guaranteed rare. you can bet that any scheme that says "no nv" means no more guaranteed rare. its a reward not a penalty.

c) other than keywardens/organs, there is nothing mandatory about keeping nv. heck. I get 2 yellows per elite b4 i get my nv5 stacks usually
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:21 AMPosted by TwistedFoo

confirmation bias. go kill 100 kw at 0 stack, 550% mf and see how many yellows you get. you only remember the bad, never the good.
Reply Quote
nv is good but it needs to have up to 10 stacks. also when you change builds the stacks should not disappear.
Reply Quote
I never understood the system.

You have to kill 5 mobs first, every single game you start, to get the loot? That is 5 times of missed loot every game...

I wouldn't mind getting more MF with every elite killed, as well as I'd like to see the MF cap removed so one could maybe kill the boss at the end of the run with 800MF or something, but I do not see the point why we have to kill 5 elites every time just to get guaranteed drops.

Every elite (and definitely every unique, since they are the rarest mob in the game!!!) should always have a guaranteed rare drop.
Reply Quote
pulling the NV out now,
will only draw botters back in action imo :/
and that,i guess non of us want again.

so no,
instead of that,i would like to keep it as it is now

also,
what happened to the gearswapping and Nv loss?
Edited by SLeMM#2897 on 12/19/2012 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I read most of the posts and I still don't see your point of getting rid of NV. You kids want instant gratification all the time. I bet you all want instant success in your vocation at a young age, well its not happening. Leave the NV system as is. I like that you have to work for NV so in order to get a chance to get a key or have to fight the bosses in the other realm. The only disappointment is that the MF still sucks with 5 stacks of NV. That is the only beef I have with the current system.
Reply Quote
I see the points the OP is making and I agree in most parts in principle, I also am annoyed in a way that key runs take such a long time acquiring the 5 stacks for a kill, that in 5 out of 6 does not drop a key, especially with mpl 1-2, even on mpl4 we have long dry streaks which is even more disappointing.

Most legendaries strangely drop with 0-3 NV stacks in the early game, none the rest ogf the 1,5 hour run... and that's a fact in our group. We have one guy who only finds set, another who finds normal uniques.. and me , who doesn't find anything for weeks. MF is way more off .
(I have been doing low level rush games with 5 stack 475% mf finding nothing, and the low chars running behind just picking up the leges on the fly, like 3 per game, with 0 and 0%. And not only once... EXPLAIN THAT !!)

But otherwise, NV still works, for a quick 'boss' run , if you refer to them, won't take much time, since there are enough WPs to jump almost always on a pack right close to it. you can probably doe azmodan runs under 10 min with a full 5 stack. You just need to know, where to look at.

NV is still extremely powerful in exp runs, which always take longer anyway.

Searching the warden will almost always turn up 5 stacks in the same area, though you could of course pass em by, if you wouldn't need them...

But id rather see keys trade-able then dropping NV stacks.

So all in all it has its pros and cons ... let it be.
Reply Quote
great thread i agree i would love an option for 15-20 minute gaming sessions, i do find this game boring and i also find myself playing it everyday for how ever many runs till i'm bored again.

As far as OP s concerned; He did raise a good point. Why are people forced to play for more than a couple of minutes? You're talking as if that would discourage team play. Are you saying D3 is a highly social game currently? The real social aspect of D3 is missing: PvP
People doing <1 min farming is not going to make the game less social.

1 min farming is perfect for a bot, i think thats the main reason they won't implement it
Edited by lowfi#1433 on 12/19/2012 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Overall, we think Nephalem Valor does a great job at addressing two core needs. First, it helps make sure that extremely short play sessions (i.e. < 1 minute) are not the optimal way to play. Second, there's a lot of value in being able to swap your skills at will and tailor your builds to the environment around you, but there's also gameplay to finding a build that really works for you in a variety of situations -- we like that NV helps balance these two concepts, and allows players to feel like there is some commitment to a skill build without also feeling like they’re locked into that build forever. So, while there are definitely some issues with the current design, we currently think that the pros outweigh the cons of how the game would probably feel if the system were not in place.

That said, you're right -- the system isn't perfect, and we're definitely looking at ways we can do better. Certainly, one of our goals is to allow people to play game sessions that are about 5 to 10 minutes in length and still be rewarded well, but we need to make sure that in the process we don't make rapidly flipping games the go-to method. It's all about striking the right balance for a wide variety of players, and we'll definitely be keeping your feedback in mind (as well as other threads on the topic) as we explore options for how to improve NV.

Great thread!

It still makes no sense to have a system like this in a single player game. I don't think that you folks at Blizzard know what type of game you are dealing with.

Why does it matter if it takes 1 minute or 15 minutes to have a 1 in 100,000 shot at a decent upgrade? There is no player competition at all, and RNG makes it just as likely for someone who plays 12 hours a day as a person who plays 20 minutes a day to loot a BIS item.

This isn't an MMO where playing more than others actually has a reward, because that is not the case with D3.

NV makes no sense. Why can't you people at Blizzard see this fact?

Respectfully,
Someone who cares.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 12/19/2012 7:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 06:27 AMPosted by lowfi
1 min farming is perfect for a bot, i think thats the main reason they won't implement it

Time constraints are irreverent to bots.
Reply Quote
Overall, we think Nephalem Valor does a great job at addressing two core needs. First, it helps make sure that extremely short play sessions (i.e. < 1 minute) are not the optimal way to play. Second, there's a lot of value in being able to swap your skills at will and tailor your builds to the environment around you, but there's also gameplay to finding a build that really works for you in a variety of situations -- we like that NV helps balance these two concepts, and allows players to feel like there is some commitment to a skill build without also feeling like they’re locked into that build forever.

I agree with this statement 100%. But you guys have a tendency to nerf builds that players find that works for a variety of situations. In one thread you say you want people to find a build that works for all situations, like this thread, then in another thread you decide to nerf the build because everyone uses it and you deem it is either too strong or does not support diversity.

I mean people spend a lot of gold and put a lot of time into this mentality of finding that one good build so we do not have to swap skills and lose our valor buff. Only to see that time and gold wasted because a coefficient gets nerfed or an ability gets nerfed. It is almost like you want us to find a good build but when we do it gets hit.
Reply Quote
How does Nephalem Valor, Paragon Level, and Monster Power work on Magic Find?Each stack of Nephalem Valor gives 15% MF up to 5 stacks (75MF). This can exceed the 300MF cap. 25% bonus MF is granted per Monster Power level up to a 250% bonus at MP10. This can exceed the 300MF cap, as well. 3% permanent MF is granted per Paragon Level up to a 300%MF. This is subject to the 300MF cap.

They need to remove the 300% mf cap end game; you should not be punished for getting to paragon level 100 by already maxing out your magic find. They should atleast make the cap 700 or 1000 mf. With the introduction of paragon's they should have removed nv and just made all bosses have the same bonus as nv did. That way their is a point to killing a Boss!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]