Diablo® III

Disappointed with Nephalem Valor

11/12/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Bukizzle
The other problem is the mob density is almost non-existent in anything but A3

Yep. I thought I even saw a blue post about increasing monster density on Act 1 months ago? I can't believe they haven't adjusted act 1&2 mob density for monster power levels yet...

I hate bots so I like NV for it's anti-bot nature.
Reply Quote
You cant stop the bots anyway so why not get rid on NV ?

Its not very heroic, its a waste of time and its not even rewarding.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Morningrise
it will often take 20 minutes just to get your 5 stacks up

maybe in act IV, just maybe. All other acts, 5 mins tops (festering woods/Vault/arreat core/depths)

really? 20-30mins

fail

0/10
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
I think NV is awesome, and a reward for those playing the game.

Please tell me how NV is a "reward". How is it any more beneficial than just playing the game and never having to worry about it?

I would venture to guess the +75 experience, gold find and magic find that I get for playing the game is the reward? You can hardly play any level of any of Act (excluding the early ones) without getting the 5 stack, whether this was your intention or not. I'd say that's a reward for people spending time with the game.

Perhaps your issue is the reward isn't commensurate with the effort/time invested, rather than the NV system itself (i.e., buff the reward and you'd be happy)?
Reply Quote
It was a cool idea, but then they made it mandatory for everything. Went from what could have been a fun bonus to making it such that you have to play the game for 20 min before you can begin playing the game.
Reply Quote
If you want people to play extended, you shouldn't limit it to just 5, let it go on to 10 or 20.
Reply Quote
NV also reduces the addictiveness of the game. In D2, you had that "just one more run" addiction that would keep you up for hours more. In D3, it's way too easy to just go "meh I'm not gonna bother building up NV for a few champs. I'll just go to bed".

Oh. This. Totally forgot about this! You've definitely got a point here; NV does not engender the "one more run, omg why is the sun up" feeling of D2.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. I loved being able to log into D2 and play for 15-20 minutes at a time and know that I will be able to get in a few quick runs with my sorc/amazon/barb. Want to do a few runs on my barb and farm pindleskin? Mephisto on the sorc? No problem, just log in and do a few quick runs before I had to leave.

Or even better - log in and collect a few ears..... :)
Reply Quote
I say take the loss of nv stacks off during skill swaps and let the stacks go way higher. just make it so you have each set of 5 stacks you get to change 1 skill without losing.. you can leave the % chance of key/HF ring piece how it is only going off of the first 5 stacks and MP level. Hell I would go through all the acts with stacks upon stacks if I didn't have to make a new game for each act.
Reply Quote
I will laugh so hard if they remove NV and allow people to swap skills at will. Then people will come back here whining about how it's even easier for Barbs to destroy content.

Sure, let me use HoTA/Rend and WW/sprint in the same game
Reply Quote
whats wrong with that??? ^^ who cares its a pve game lolz, no skill tree no skill
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/19/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Martimus
I will laugh so hard if they remove NV and allow people to swap skills at will.

There are no current plans to remove NV, but we do feel like there are ways that we could continue to improve the system to allow for a broader variety of play styles (i.e. shorter play sessions, as mentioned).

Edit: typos :(
Edited by Lylirra on 12/19/2012 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Lylirra

There are no current plans to remove NV, but we do feel like we there are ways that we could continue improve the system to allow for a broader variety of play styles (i.e. shorter play sessions, as mentioned).

Any chance of divulging the ways you're considering to change it up? If you shared some ideas you have, perhaps the community could give you feedback before something is implemented?
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Lylirra

There are no current plans to remove NV, but we do feel like we there are ways that we could continue improve the system to allow for a broader variety of play styles (i.e. shorter play sessions, as mentioned).

Scale the MF/GF/Etc bonus to be HUGE at 1 stack, then scale it down per stack?

Keep it required for Ubers/Keys at 5, but introduce bonus for "rare" at 3 stack.

Only eliminate 1 stack on time out.

Get NV on Purple mobs.

Erm....

Thats all I got.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]