Diablo® III

Has anyone installed Windows 8 yet?

View profile
I'm sure it's all good, but Diablo runs OK on it?
Reply Quote
someone got banned for using windows 8 while playing d3.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Saul

plz dont spread false rumors
Reply Quote
I upgraded to Windows 8 the first day it officially came out, and I've had 0 problems with D3. Actually runs better now, IMO.
Reply Quote
I actually played the beta during the open "stress test" period using the consumer preview of Windows 8. Everything worked as it should.
Reply Quote
View profile
Saul, you trolling, I actually thought there was something to what you were saying.

Great, Gonna go home and get Windows 8 installed.

How you guys liking it...?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Saul

This could be right. I logged in on the same PC with different windows user account and I was, not banned, but locked out of my account. Maybe this is what he wants to say?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:42 AMPosted by shrik33

This could be right. I logged in on the same PC with different windows user account and I was, not banned, but locked out of my account. Maybe this is what he wants to say?

yeah thats what i meant to say, some people were locked out of their account from upgrading.
Reply Quote
Till they patch it so you can have the original start menu back. No way Windows 8 will be on my PC. I don't want it to be a tablet interface.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Zbest
Till they patch it so you can have the original start menu back. No way Windows 8 will be on my PC. I don't want it to be a tablet interface.

there are 2-3 third party mods that give you the start menu back.
Reply Quote
Runs very smooth on Windows 8.
Reply Quote
I don't mind losing the start button. Personally, what I did, was bind a shortcut key to one of the keys on the side of my Naga Razor, so when I want to bring up the "Modern UI" start menu I just press number 4 on the side of my mouse. Really easy, works from within games too.

Overall I am very happy upgrading to Windows 8.
Reply Quote
Been running Windows 8 since beta and its worked flawlessly the entire time :)

btw, the start screen is your new start menu. Its actually nice once you get used to it. I griped at first too, then I grew to like it and I won't go back.
Reply Quote
I got Windows 8 and Love it, Everything runs just fine and the "Tablet Screen" just takes a minute to get used to. Only see it when I hit the "Windows Button" all other times I keep my Desktop up and use it just like Win 7.
Reply Quote
I have it, since months ago no real problems. I did have some issues with other games, but all fixed now. Diablo 3 always runned flawlessly.
Reply Quote
I've had windows 8 for months, I've never once had any issues.

In fact windows 8 RTM / GA work even faster than my windows 7 install due to allowing for multithreading.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:29 AMPosted by KamelJabber
I'm sure it's all good, but Diablo runs OK on it?

There was a topic about windows 8 working fine with diablo 3 cheers.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yup, Did an upgrade to Windows 8, easy cheesy, works fine

TY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]