Diablo® III

Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

(Locked)

Guys blizzard isn't abandoning Diablo 3. With all the time they spent on it they aren't going to give up on it because of some chinese people cheating. As for why they haven't responded, they are hopefully fixing it or at least trying to right now.
11/16/2012 11:13 AMPosted by xen0n
Guys blizzard isn't abandoning Diablo 3. With all the time they spent on it they aren't going to give up on it because of some chinese people cheating. As for why they haven't responded, they are hopefully fixing it or at least trying to right now.

lol if they were fixing it they would have said something

I'm not a barb but bump for justice from a fellow melee'er
11/16/2012 11:13 AMPosted by xen0n

This duping thingy is already running for months, fyi.
Rmah is the death knell of this accursed game and the one thing stopping blizzard from doing server deletions with items with identical item ids.

Blizzard doesnt care as long as you keep feeding the vicious rmah cycle.
Edited by Lorenze#1650 on 11/16/2012 12:05 PM PST
I agree Lorenze, somebody pointed out one of the duped items in the RMAH sold for $250. Blizzard makes 37.50 off of that.

I understand their intent with the RMAH to keep 3rd party sites out of the game and make a few bucks off of item sales, but it also causes tons of issues. Like not removing duped items because its not the buyers fault the items is not legit.
Who knows?
It could be blizzard's plan to allow duping to go unchecked under the radar. The incentive is there for them to, at least. What percentage of people who play Diablo actually check the forums? I don't know anyone in my group of friends that does...

The more people who know about this problem, the more profitable it becomes for blizzard to fix it. Just sayin'

oh and also bump!
Edited by Beedub#1127 on 11/16/2012 3:06 PM PST
tag
Bumping in support of banning china from D3
Who knows?
It could be blizzard's plan to allow duping to go unchecked under the radar. The incentive is there for them to, at least. What percentage of people who play Diablo actually check the forums? I don't know anyone in my group of friends that does...

The more people who know about this problem, the more profitable it becomes for blizzard to fix it. Just sayin'

oh and also bump!

No dupes in WoW, so they must want them.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbump
11/16/2012 07:10 PMPosted by xen0n
Bumping in support of banning china from D3

bump
I'm back, for now at least.

Ammy me and fookya talked about yesterday has been duped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8x65GfUdRzQ

Some most likely outdated videos of past duping methods off chinese forums.

Video posted 16 days ago.
http://v.youku.com/v...Y5NDI4MDI4.html

Video posted 11 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jgmUj6PexSg
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 11/17/2012 12:17 AM PST
It's stuff like this that sucks all the fun out of the game, first constantly question whether the auction house effects the quality of drops, now we have to worry about competing with cheaters.

Would have been 100x better off personally if there was an offline single player option, screw trying to compete with cheaters.
Edited by Mack#1683 on 11/17/2012 4:00 AM PST
Up
!
Is there really a "serious" duping problem at this point? It looks to me like the dupers are only selling a few items at a time. Unless they flood the market, they aren't causing a serious problem.

Obviously Bliz needs to get on top of this and prevent duped items from appearing on the AH and RMAH, before dupes wreck the market for high end items. But right now, is duping have any effect other than making us nervous?
b
Please tell me the video didnt show some part of the duping that makes it difficult to do!!! otherwise I suspect most decent gear will be duped.
Is there really a "serious" duping problem at this point? It looks to me like the dupers are only selling a few items at a time. Unless they flood the market, they aren't causing a serious problem.

Obviously Bliz needs to get on top of this and prevent duped items from appearing on the AH and RMAH, before dupes wreck the market for high end items. But right now, is duping have any effect other than making us nervous?

Not causing serious problem? Are u seriously serious? Have u seen there are 30 dh eq same manticore on taiwan server?
Bump for awareness.

And a question:

Assume that duping is prevalent and the problem will never go away. What are the odds that gear value holds providing that it is an original?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]