Diablo® III

Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

(Locked)

Warning to all followers of thread.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/14040997

just popped up on AH for 800m, it is a dupe.
bump?
Another dupe on the AH, dprogress is down so ill link later.

Item Name: Brawl Bane (1h Mace)
DPS: 1088.7
Stats: 89 str, 75 vit, 90% Crit Damage + socket

Refer to scrshot below (imgur was down, so tinypic)
http://i46.tinypic.com/immihy.jpg
Really? They put in a cash auction house and they couldn't keep duping under control...

I can't wait til the market floods with them, then people get bored of the dupes, so the outright hacked items start appearing. I've seen this all before somewhere.
bump again 'till we get a comment from the blues
Nowadays when I buy an item off ah, I'll have to check against d3progress lol. Kinda sad
Yo Mannercookie, unless you are reselling your mainhand weapon or something, there's another one up on the AH lol.
I´m not US server but one thing´s for sure, this is going on everywhere (EU here). There´s this absolutely monstrous IK belt that´s been on the AH for quite some time and I checked last week if it was the only one in the game through diabloprogress. It was. Then a few days ago I saw someone actually bid on it and probably got it.

Long story short, now there´s two of them equipped in the game. One of the people is a fairly known weapon throw user. I think he´s the one who bought it, the dupe. The first person has to be the one who sold it and now suddenly uses the exact same belt (I remember the nick from when I checked if it was the only belt in the game).

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17029561

297 str, 99 vit, 78 all res, +14 fury, 3.00 ls, -5 weapon throw

I´m not whining because I wouldn´t be able to afford such an insane item anyway but it sucks that people do this kind of ...
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 11/21/2012 9:10 AM PST
11/21/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Acheron
Yo Mannercookie, unless you are reselling your mainhand weapon or something, there's another one up on the AH lol.

I got rid of mine as soon as I found out it was duped.

This !@#$en post saddens me a lot because I SAID THIS NECK WILL BE DUPED, as soon as it popped up.

"Teeming Necklace" has now officially been duped multiple times, not sure if Eddie still has his or if he's banned or what's happened to him but there are now two top barbs in USA with the neck

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17730069
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 11/21/2012 10:25 AM PST
11/21/2012 10:25 AMPosted by MannerCookie

I got rid of mine as soon as I found out it was duped.

This !@#$en post saddens me a lot because I SAID THIS NECK WILL BE DUPED, as soon as it popped up.

"Teeming Necklace" has now officially been duped multiple times, not sure if Eddie still has his or if he's banned or what's happened to him but there are now two top barbs in USA with the neck

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17730069

wow you and acrimony were spot on. unbelievable. whats the point of me grinding for hours when these guys can do this.
It's absolutely mind-boggling to me how Blizzard is so responsive about botters and reply to nearly all botting threads, even with replies as simple as "let's keep the discussion here, less spam please". Meanwhile every single duping thread has gone unanswered, which is the bigger issue I wonder.

Does this mean, we should all be rollback duping or selling BIS items to dupers since hey if someone buys a 2b item to flip, the highest bidder will 95% of the time be someone looking to dupe the item and will be willing to pay 5-10b. Why not be you instead of the next guy since it's going to happen anyway whether you know if the buyer is legitimate or if he's planning to dupe.

I don't condone the above action obviously, just saying it to illustrate a point.
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 11/21/2012 11:00 AM PST
I´m not US server but one thing´s for sure, this is going on everywhere (EU here). There´s this absolutely monstrous IK belt that´s been on the AH for quite some time and I checked last week if it was the only one in the game through diabloprogress. It was. Then a few days ago I saw someone actually bid on it and probably got it.

Long story short, now there´s two of them equipped in the game. One of the people is a fairly known weapon throw user. I think he´s the one who bought it, the dupe. The first person has to be the one who sold it and now suddenly uses the exact same belt (I remember the nick from when I checked if it was the only belt in the game).

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17029561

297 str, 99 vit, 78 all res, +14 fury, 3.00 ls, -5 weapon throw

I´m not whining because I wouldn´t be able to afford such an insane item anyway but it sucks that people do this kind of ...

Check their Battle.Net profiles, they are not wearing the same IK belt, they have different stats. DiabloProgress search just does not refresh in real time.
you do know if someone sells the item it automatically looks like it was duped right? So every time someone sells that item its being "duped" according to d3progress.
11/21/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Drifter
you do know if someone sells the item it automatically looks like it was duped right? So every time someone sells that item its being "duped" according to d3progress.

I'm pretty sure this has been explained and discussed in the thread already if you've read it.

If not it's not that hard to figure out why we're using diabloprogress.
Theres an old saying regarding anything in this world, if you can't beat them or dont want to, hire them.

Theres nothing to beat a hacker to spot hacker.

Its normal I guess to see this, people get tired to be broke and if they can do something about it, theyll do it with ease. Fix the trading scheme(breaking the game or ruins your life and millions to find hacker(you cant ban them all).
Edited by Memories#1812 on 11/22/2012 11:50 AM PST
Why blizzard don't respond to this?
Some people are just gutsy!! has anyone noticed an echo on the AH in the last week there are always 2 of them 4 sale exactly alike and they never make it to end of auctions they are 1179 damage and 3%LS echos and have been listed for almost 2 weeks at 1B and come and go at different prices but alway near a bill. THERE ARE NOW 15 PLAYERS WITH THIS WEAPON!! I mean WTF blizz come on get real!!!!
I believe blizzard doesn't respond to this because the problem that caused the duping has been hotfixed. Also, they don't want panic from their consumer base.

In short, duping only existed for that point in time but for now has ceased to exist.

I think all we're looking at are the sets of items that have been duped some time back and are just circulating/ recirculating the system.

All this is pretty much he said she said, though, so don't take my word for it.
they R duping that echo right now...every day for a billion gold a shot
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]