Diablo® III

Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

(Locked)

11/13/2012 11:05 AMPosted by MannerCookie
Blizzard probably doesnt care as usuall, if people can dupe items to sell on RMAH for lots of money on a constant basis that means blizzard is also getting money from this because of their tax/fee system. Its a win win situation for blizzard and the duper, they both constantly make money

I doubt blizzard makes as much as you think they do off these RMAH sales, there is a lot of cost to upkeep the RMAH's legitimacy and protection vs fraud.

I coud be wrong though.

If the issue persists, I wouldn't be surprised if some players meet together for a class action lawsuit against Blizzard for property/duplication fraud. There are a lot of players who have invested hundreds and thousands of dollars into their items -- not protecting the value of the items' uniqueness is a good argument and one that will very likely hold up in court.
I've already requested a sticky and there are currently 3 active forum threads across 3 sites, I'm sure blizzard is reading this.

All it takes is one little post that at least can confirm, "We are looking into the matter".

At least acknowledge the fact that there is a problem and it will be looked into.
bump for duping awareness.
If you are going to be the pioneer for RMAH implemented ingame , (granted some smaller games hae done it, your the first powerhouse to) Than you can AT LEAST take some steps to protecting the validity of such, please give us something to go on here.
justice bump
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by rigs
justice bump
This thread will reach its page limit at 26. If you post it in the General forum, it will go as long as you want until someone closes it.
Sigh...
sigh.....I liked the game.
11/13/2012 11:10 AMPosted by acrimony

I doubt blizzard makes as much as you think they do off these RMAH sales, there is a lot of cost to upkeep the RMAH's legitimacy and protection vs fraud.

I coud be wrong though.

If the issue persists, I wouldn't be surprised if some players meet together for a class action lawsuit against Blizzard for property/duplication fraud. There are a lot of players who have invested hundreds and thousands of dollars into their items -- not protecting the value of the items' uniqueness is a good argument and one that will very likely hold up in court.

I mean their could be a class action lawsuit for the same reason they are getting sued right now for the authenticators. If Blizzard is found to knowingly profit due to hacks/security issues they will get in trouble. Duping is going on and has been going on for a while with Blizzard not actually saying/admitting anything yet people continue to post on their forums and other forums about it with pretty substantial proof.

I mean their could be a class action lawsuit for the same reason they are getting sued right now for the authenticators. If Blizzard is found to knowingly profit due to hacks/security issues they will get in trouble. Duping is going on and has been going on for a while with Blizzard not actually saying/admitting anything yet people continue to post on their forums and other forums about it with pretty substantial proof.

If Blizzard is in over their head, they won't acknowledge it. What truly bugs me is that there's a very easy way to check up on the accusations and finding the original copy -- and then removing the duplicates. If the players don't like it, that's their problem -- they choose to cheat.

However, I do realize some innocent players who unknowingly brought duplicate items will be hurt by the above method. I think it's a small price to pay to cut down on cheating though.
Lots of threads in General forum about the duping issue. Good news. People are finally taking this seriously.
bump
bump
This thread has been posted a few hours ago.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006247626

I'll copy MannerCookie's OP and do up another one so the forums start getting flooded with duping complaints.
one bump for justice
Thread up: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004407892

@MannerCookie -- I got banned from JSP for 24 hours. Can you post your evidence in this thread regarding the Lacunis?
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 11/13/2012 12:16 PM PST
@acrimony, JSP closed my thread. I really can't understand that site/community.

Will post scrshots in that thread.
Thread up: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004407892

@MannerCookie -- I got banned from JSP for 24 hours. Can you post your evidence in this thread regarding the Lacunis?

Bump. Let's get this issue out there!
Just wanted to add some more strange things.

There were a bunch of items me and a friend were watching to try and bid before server maintenance. Again this information might not mean anything but there is something really strange going on with the AH prices of barb gear recently.

I won and bid similar rings for 1/8 the price they went for and my rings were better, but this was also a week ago.

For some reason these two rings magically decide to go for 6-8x the price that other rings were selling since at that time there are none on AH like it.

It could just be a few guys that are 2b'ing everything they want and they don't care, but still it's hard to ignore another strange case like this on top of everything else that's going on.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]