Diablo® III

Serious duping problems for GFG barb gear...

(Locked)

Bump.

You have already sent a sticky request for this topic.
Hmmmmm, from the message on the log-in screen, it sounds like Blizzard is about to wipe out all the duped items.
I'm glad blizzard is actually taking this seriously. I hate to see people make money in the RMAH off of duped items.
11/13/2012 03:57 PMPosted by acrimony
Hmmmmm, from the message on the log-in screen, it sounds like Blizzard is about to wipe out all the duped items.

well there are still 4 of my lacunis on the AH.

I hope there is some kind of warning or refund for the gold I paid for these duped items if they are going to wipe it.

bump!
11/13/2012 03:57 PMPosted by acrimony

What message? I don't see any. It would be awesome if the message was "all your dupe belong to us" ala d2.

I played D2 for close to 8 yrs. The dupes killed all interest in the game.

No offense Dakkon, but that statement is contradictory.

up!
Edited by Cloud9#1256 on 11/13/2012 5:04 PM PST
The message said something about an issue in the AH + RMAH. None of the auctions I was monitoring were timer-reset so there must have been something that forced them to take down both auction houses. What? I don't know.
View profile
Bump for victory
11/13/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Cloud9

What message? I don't see any. It would be awesome if the message was "all your dupe belong to us" ala d2.

I played D2 for close to 8 yrs. The dupes killed all interest in the game.

No offense Dakkon, but that statement is contradictory.

up!

I know. Dupes were there since day 1 (didn't quit then lol). Ruststorm was always there but it was insufficient. I always hoped that Blizz would be able to kill dupes off in D2 but they never truly succeeded as alot of manipulation was done client side. D3 has combated duping ALOT better than D2 has partly due to the always online mechanism. But the fact that it still exists means that work remains to be done on that front.
Adding these pants to the list:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/10957066
SO DUPES are still up on AH, I'm going to use my lacunis and weapon for now.

If someone sees a blue magically appear into this thread please lmk, so I know what I should do.
I knew it was only a matter of time before the obvious duping on Asia would come to Americas.

Blizz, D3 needs Rust Storm and a fix ASAP.
View profile
Merciless rust storm kills dupes and INNOCENT geeks.

/pats
Rust Storm is difficult due to the RMAH. When players spend $$$ on a Blizzard site AND Blizzard getting their cut of the proceeds, it complicates matters if they simply delete the items via Rust Storm. In D2, there were never Blizzard sanctioned sites. In D3 there is one called the RMAH.

What Blizz needs to do is to kill the problems at it's source. This includes preventing Rollbacks (harsh I know) and banning dupers outright.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 11/13/2012 5:42 PM PST
View profile
bump
if i remember correctly there was an echoing fury 1179dps, 3%ls os and str on the ah. i remember seeing 2 or 3 of em up at the same time with the exact same time. i remember it because i was calculatin my brains out on the dps increase it would give me lol.
I guess we gotta get to 25 pages or so before we get a response

bump.
View profile
@dakkon

That's what the dupers and hackers want blizzard to think. But I'm sure they should have thought of a counter measure long b4.

Remember: blizzard is taking the $1 from every transaction on rmah as a transaction fee. They are the neutral party in the trade. However in the case of a duping fest, blizz will assume its role of the operator which will execute its right on any necessary action to safe guard the interest of its game and virtual property.

The above statement is purely my own opinion.
Here's my read on the situation

1.) Blizzard was incompetent and they somehow managed to rollback dupe the same group over and over. (5% chance)

2.) Blizzard is aware of the problem but have no clue how it's being done. (35% chance)

3.) Blizzard just hot-fixed the servers of duping and are just quietly waiting for these threads to die out (55% chance)

4.) Blizzard will remove all duped items and possibly set a new precedent in the legal court system in the USA regarding virtual goods. (5% chance)
Good take, Manner.

Taking some heat in the General forum at the moment. I don't mind, but more awareness!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]