Diablo® III

Witch Doctors who don't use pets in MP7+

I was just curious to see how many other WD out there have the build to survive solo in MP7+ with just a follower. With my current build I can take on up to MP7, after that I will swap out a passive skill here or there but my main attacks are pretty much my standard. I am almost like a tank, able to handle being in the center of chaos and take physical damage. Of course there is a freak pack here or there that might cause me some trouble but I would have the same thing occasionally happen in MP6.

I can do MP 8-10 without pets for the most part, though slower because I need to trade out passive damage for defense. Usually, I am only doing MP 8-10 when running Ubers or in a group.
Edited by bicen#1974 on 11/13/2012 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just curious - why use Soul to Waste with GI?
Reply Quote
I don't need the mana regen in MP5-6 so I use Soul to Waste so I don't need to focus on rebuffing. I usually use Swallow Your Soul.
Reply Quote
What's your total attack speed and how does using Splinters feel with a Skorn? I've been experimenting with it but the only AS gear I have on right now is my WH. I'm thinking of going for ~1.5 AS in the hopes that it makes it more smooth to transition between spells. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
not hard to survive with any class.

the question is how much kill speed are you willing to sacrifice.

bad medicine, jungle fortitude, 5% stun glove, 5% freeze belt, 1600 loh, 5% life steal, you just stand there spaming acid rain, and throw in a bear here and there, and maybe throw in some mana regen spell, like rain of toad, widow maker for vision quest, or other mana regen spell.

Acid rain is obviously the best defensive attack skill, you gain life from loh like crazy and the proc coefficient is amazing, you become a mini cm wizard with stun glove and freeze belt. The problem is the dmg is very low.

And to all the bear spammers that can survive mp10. Prop to you. Need some amazing dps that can leech enough life to survive the mobs damage with just bear.
Edited by laokoko14#3736 on 11/13/2012 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can solo MP8 without sacrificing slots for spirit vessel and jungle fortitude. 2k+ LoH with AC is how to do it on the cheap. High HP and reasonable defense is also required, or else any sort of sustain is useless (I consider this 50k+ HP, ~700 unbuffed AR).

Honored Guest, Skorn and SoJ (unfortunately, MP7+ I need to use SoJ for mana management) lets me bears and AC infinitely pretty much, with a lil bit of kiting time needed to regen mana.

If you are under 150k dps unbuffed, like myself, bears is pretty much necessary to do MP7+ without taking forever. However, with GF and Soul Harvest, I can get up to 220k sheet dps (which means 1mil+ crits for bears).

I can survive MP10, but way too impatient for it =D. Also, some affixes still give me trouble with LoH. Reflect is no big deal, but !@#$ like Shielding and Horde w/ Fast on a Phasebeast...
Reply Quote
MP5 isn't much quicker for me than MP7 to be honest. I kill MP5 in 1 hit with bears, MP7 takes 2 maybe 3 waves to kill trash mobs. Elites can vary depending on their defense but I can down nearly any pack in under 30 seconds, probably 20 on average. MP5 I can kill a pack in 10 to 15 seconds. I am in the process of setting up a twitch tv, I've honestly never met another WD who can use my build efficiently.

I admit I have room for improvement and would like to get 80-100 more cd on my gaunts/ring and upgrade my zuni - maybe with a socket or swap the gold find for some AS. MY build is pretty efficient and by the time I hit 100 paragon, I'll most likely have near 3k int and 1200 vit - pending upgrades of course.
Edited by bicen#1974 on 11/13/2012 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can solo MP8 without sacrificing slots for spirit vessel and jungle fortitude. 2k+ LoH with AC is how to do it on the cheap. High HP and reasonable defense is also required, or else any sort of sustain is useless (I consider this 50k+ HP, ~700 unbuffed AR).

Honored Guest, Skorn and SoJ (unfortunately, MP7+ I need to use SoJ for mana management) lets me bears and AC infinitely pretty much, with a lil bit of kiting time needed to regen mana.

If you are under 150k dps unbuffed, like myself, bears is pretty much necessary to do MP7+ without taking forever. However, with GF and Soul Harvest, I can get up to 220k sheet dps (which means 1mil+ crits for bears).

I can survive MP10, but way too impatient for it =D. Also, some affixes still give me trouble with LoH. Reflect is no big deal, but !@#$ like Shielding and Horde w/ Fast on a Phasebeast...

With my buffs stacked I hit 320k damage and have 1200 AR. MP7-8 I have near infinite mana as well. VQ is the key to my mana regen. My poison darts also hit for 200-700k crit damage, giving me 12000+ health nearly every other hit.
Edited by bicen#1974 on 11/13/2012 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]