Diablo® III

Mac Freezing Since Tuesday Maitnence.

Says it in the title, my Macbook Pro is now freezing since the emergency maintenance today! NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE TODAY! The game has frozen twice in 20 minutes, just froze at Keywarden on my last run.

Had to hard reset my Mac because the game can't quit once it freezes.
Reply Quote
Update: Game still freezing, about every 5-10 minutes. Requires a hard reset.
But... I did just find an IK Eternal Reign, so I am very happy right now and calling it a night.

Any word on why it's freezing since this morning/afternoons maintenance?
Reply Quote
Hi,

I'm here because my problems also started after the maintenance today.

I run 2.6 Ghz core i7
8GB Ram
Intel HD 4000 512 MB

15 inch macbook pro with retina, its really new.

I've been playing for several weeks now, I max out the graphics and everything works just great, it looks beautiful and plays smoothly, I do get some latency because of my internet connection but that is not the issue I am dealing with now, I think Blizzard should allow us to play without being connected to their servers but that is for another time

Let me tell you what happened today and why I am confused about what the problem is.

Maintenance this morning, we all know that, before today, in fact just last night I was playing D3 fine, just like normal. Servers are down for maintenance, cool, I know this has to happen. Servers are down longer than expected, still cool, I understand not everything goes the way it should.

Servers come back up, yay! I play D3 for a few minutes, everything seems fine. I break for dinner and a movie with the family, come back, and the trouble starts.

I notice it the moment the login screen comes up. The log in screen, mind you, I'm not connected to the servers yet and everything is choppier than the bearing sea. The sound doesn't jive with the picture, everything jumps around slowly, I log in, everything is really, really bad as far as graphic rendering goes.

So, the problem is not my internet connection, it started before I needed one. The problem is not my computer, nothing changed there. The problem doesn't seem like it should be connected to maintenance because I played fine after the maintenance but now its terrible.

I'm not sure what the problem is or if others are having it as well, I will post again if things change.

I really like this game and don't want to lose it, I hope this can be fixed.

btw, I set all my graphic setting down to the lowest and nothing changed, now its choppy and looks terrible. Also, all my other programs are working just like normal, it is only D3 that is experiencing this.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Have you tried to rebuild the caches and see if it helps?

Resetting permissions on the Diablo III folder
    1. Select the Diablo III folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

Reply Quote
I am unfortunately extremely ignorant when it comes to these kinds of things and do not know how to rebuild caches, I do have read and write permissions though.
Reply Quote

Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
1. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date

If this does not work, please follow the other crash troubleshooting steps located on our crash troubleshooting steps article: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-lockups-and-crash-troubleshooting-mac
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]