Diablo® III

how does the math work? vitality vs resists

found a ring today that adds 80 all resist (now totaling AR 420 on my DH) with a 2500 vitality loss.

so generally speaking, how much all resist offsets vitality lost?
Reply Quote
There is not exact number as AR has diminishing returns the more you stack it up. Best thing to do is look up one of the many eHP calulators and see how, based on your current gear changes in AR and VIT affect your total eHP.

For example, I recenlty purchased a new set of Inna's Pants, I wasn't sure if I wanted VIT or AR on them. I compared the stats of two pairs; one with 183 vit and another with 62 AR as they were going for about the same price. Although I lost 78 AR from the previous set of pants I was wearing I still gained about 102 VIT. Typed that into my calculator and I turned out I got a better increase in over all eHP off about 400 with the VIT pants over the AR ones.

All in all, look up an eHP calulator and figure out what stats gives you the best over all upgrade.
Reply Quote
The effectiveness of AR is always relative to your health pool. The more health you have, the more each point of AR is worth.

http://www.d3rawr.com/ehp
http://d3up.com
Edited by tangerines#1892 on 11/14/2012 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Thalos
For example, I recenlty purchased a new set of Inna's Pants, I wasn't sure if I wanted VIT or AR on them. I compared the stats of two pairs; one with 183 vit and another with 62 AR as they were going for about the same price.

i was planning an upgrade (from lighting) to AR tonight... i guess ill have to check into vitality too....

too bad this was so straightforward :o

any other eHP calculators that can import characters from b.net? away from home PC now...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]