Diablo® III

Funniest way you have died?

I love setting up myself in a few explosions and watch my char fly upwards, wish he/she would go towards the screen and smash right in front of it

ragdoll physics ftw
Reply Quote
Was fighting in the Keep Depths against some regular skeletons near an open doorway. Nothing too exciting. Suddenly, I got jailed, and that's when I noticed that the mobs in the next room, including Elite Skeletons, had noticed me. And then I noticed one of the other mobs in that room turning green and running for me while Serenity was on cooldown and . . . well, I guess you know the rest!
Reply Quote
I just feel like such a fool when I die secondary to the flying insects in Act II
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/9/2015 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seriously, I do not think there is a funny side in the game when my toon died.
Reply Quote
The funniest deaths I've encountered would definitely have to be attributed to the fire wall in front of the chest in the Keeps, and/or dieing to a fire wall while trying to res one of my comrades who fell victim to a fire wall--"What, how did that fire get me? There's no way I was standing on the grate!" :)
Reply Quote
At Act 3 core of arreat. You know those mines where you step on them and they spit out 1 bomb on itself?

Was running behind a barb, he triggered it and I was too late to avoid it.

Got hit by it, knocked away.
Surprise!
Another mine waiting for me, so I triggered the mine, can't get out of the range because was slowed by the knockback, and BOMB.

Combo trap death. I was laughing so hard because it was like a 2 hit combo where you see your character jump from left to right and die.
Reply Quote
I like when i explode and fly off a cliff due to frozen lol. But i really had a laugh when i was fighting a champion group of corrupt angels, with horde extra life reflect damage and jailor. I stumbled across them before they saw me while they were all packed together and i fired a quick loaded for bear cluster arrow shot right in the middle of them. I proceeded to crit them all for 300k and immediately died. Then i saw them all raising there scytes and cheering, as i scrolled over one of them to see they had reflect damage, and it barely took a quarter of there life away.
Reply Quote
Edited by Meatplow#1744 on 11/5/2012 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Any time fighting Frozen Illusionists or Frozen mobs that time their mines just right...

Frozen...
OK, still frozen...
(10 seconds later)
WTF
(10 seconds later)
dead
Reply Quote
Act 1, back in 1.01, someone triggered a log trap on inferno when I was playing my DH and I didn't notice. Got hit for like 30k life lol
Reply Quote
1.0.2 in arreat crater

low hp, knockbacked onto a demon mine then immediately jailer'd
Reply Quote
After a 4 minutes combat in MP6 (dungeon keep somwhere) against 4 Quillback pack with fast, molten, arcane beam and extra health affixes, i survived !.......and did get blowned by the explosion of the last mob 'cause of lag.
I laughed kinda.
Reply Quote
Me and a DH friend were clearing A3 and he's under geared compared to my wiz so I was generally tanking all the mobs, got to an elite occultist pack they wound up fired their blast attacks at us, my friend lines up behind me as usual, and right before they get to me i dodge out of the way and he gets 1 shotted, wizards dont tank :)
Reply Quote
the typical greed-is-good-kill (standing in a disecrator picking up loot) xD
Reply Quote
VERY FUNNY DEATH STORY: TITLE, ELITE SHOWDOWN!

oh yes, many funny times involved in the world of Diablo 3 by blizzard studios! haha, i am farming with friend and we look ahead and see GREAT ELITE PACK! lasers! fire! electric! and posion bombs! very exciting and hard to defeat, me and my friend run around for a bit, dodging and letting off very BIG SPELLS! very intense action, i signal to my friend i am going to run behind elite pack and ambush with ZOMBIE BEARS as damage is very good and not noticeable by monster so they dont attack you. Well, plan almost work, but friend signal to me "REFLECT DAMAGE" and i watch as my bears run into elite pack and try to teleport but am 2 late and signal 2 my friend i am almost dead BUT PHEW! monk friend join game just in time AND HEALS but i only have 5hp left! i signal to friends that i must retreat in order to gain health and energy to continue fighting, so friends ontinue fighting and while i retreat little goblin gets scared and runs into me and i die xDDDDDDD very funny moment, we all laugh but when elite die we each got 1 set peice each which is why elite was so hard! haha xDDD good times from diablo :)
Edited by Necro#1667 on 11/1/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 05:23 PMPosted by TonyS1X
Killed by one of the Khazra's Log Traps when I was at low health. I had to stop and think about what had just happened. lol

lol, that is funny.
I don't recall any of mine as being fun though..
Reply Quote
Keep lvl 3 Me and a buddy both playing WW barbs break down a door and start our spin for the win. Bout 10 lunatics. We did not win. bout 3 or 4 of em survived long enough to explode. Spin, boom, huh?!? We laughed so hard i couldn't even play the game for a few mins.
Reply Quote
Running around in A2 fighting off two elite mobs, things were starting to get hairy and I was bolting off to the right when suddenly the unique sandworm bursts out of the ground and eats me. :|
Reply Quote
Knockback into wall of fire! &^!#&^#!&
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]