Diablo® III

UberDeath - Ultimate DPS build

In the name of build diversity, I'm releasing this for public consumption.

Preface: One day, I was doing my uber runs, the 2 ubers are stunlocked, and i'm here clicking away, my fingers totally sore, will these ubers die first or will my fingers give in first? They pose absolutely no threat, just need someone with mega dps to kill it, how can i build a SUSTAINED high dps build? And thus, UberDeath is born...

The build is quite simple, pick the highest dps spell, stack all the dps increase elements together, and there you have it... UberDeath.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#beQSjO!TZY!cZYZaY

Skills
Living Lightning - Best spell to build up Arcane Dynamo, if placed correctly, ONE casting of this spell can build you 5 stacks of Arcane Dynamo.
Arcane Torrent - DeathBlossom, highest dps spell, it's not as random as you think, if you stand next to your target, they're guaranteed to get hit.
Sparkflint - 1.12 dps
Forceweapon - dps, or magic weapon for leech. 1.15 dps
Defense utility - either teleport or diamond skin
Armor - pick one that suits you best. force, prismatic, pinpoint, power of storm if you're lacking -AT cost.

Passives
Arcane Dynamo - 1.75 dps
Glass Cannon - 1.15 dps
optional passive - blur or unstable anomoly for defense, astral presence if you lack -AT cost.

Gear requirement
Stone of Jordan with -5 Arcane Torrent cost. 1.3 dps
One other piece of minus Arcane torrent cost. (helm, ring, amulet)
1 piece of Arcane power on crit.
With this setup , you can channel AT indefinitely.

Lets do some math:
670%*1.15*1.12*1.15*1.75*1.3 = 2257% weapon damage

At 140k paper dps, i'm seeing up to 800k crits. The missles fill the screen fast, it's not unusual to hit a small target(fallen imp) 3x per second.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall
Here's how Death Blossom works, random missles fly out in immediate area around you, if it misses a target, the next missle is more likely to hit a target. So after a while(this period is shorter than you think), the missles become homing. So if a target is big, and most bosses are huge, they're much more likely to be hit by death blossom, maximizing the dps output. Each missle does a small AE splash.

Consider this picture

X Uber1 X Uber2 X
X = Arcane torrent blasts

The X in the middle will hit both bosses, and the side blasts will hit once. Which translates into 4x dps on top of 2257% multipler.

Pro:
Max DPS on boss fights.

Con:
You need to be right next to mobs and you're a squishy glass cannon
Need to team with CM stunlocker for max benefits.

Here's a fun solo/grp DeathBlossom build that I used back in 1.04, at one point i was using this over my beloved archon!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ieQSXO!dZY!aZcZac

Kill trash with calamity and arcane hydra, kill packs with Blossom.
Edited by eLINminator#1776 on 11/13/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
The issue is that with Ghom/Rakanoth you can't stand in the death poison, and you can't switch it out after them because you'd lose stacks. I just use ray of frost. I see 8-900k crits with that too. I do use Arcane Dynamo and I use magic missile to build it up. With decent ias it happens pretty fast. Not to mention that seeker is actually decent DPS on its own.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Zelfaar
The issue is that with Ghom/Rakanoth you can't stand in the death poison, and you can't switch it out after them because you'd lose stacks. I just use ray of frost. I see 8-900k crits with that too. I do use Arcane Dynamo and I use magic missile to build it up. With decent ias it happens pretty fast. Not to mention that seeker is actually decent DPS on its own.

if i do my initial 'capture' perfectly, there's only 1 cloud, and after they're locked, there are no more clouds. so there's plenty of room to maneuver yourself. even if i screwup, the room is not completely filled with clouds , there's usually a tiny bit of space open where you can squeeze in to dps and not get hit by clouds. just need to find the right angle. losing stacks is not a problem because you can fill it right backup with living lightning.

ray of frost is nice but it's only single target. if you get 800-900k crits with RoF, you'd probly get 1.5m-2m crits with blossom.
Reply Quote
My version of a Uber killer build whilst other CM freeze wizards are doing the dirty work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VPXhgT!gWe!YaccZc
Reply Quote
f i do my initial 'capture' perfectly, there's only 1 cloud, and after they're locked, there are no more clouds. so there's plenty of room to maneuver yourself. even if i screwup, the room is not completely filled with clouds , there's usually a tiny bit of space open where you can squeeze in to dps and not get hit by clouds. just need to find the right angle. losing stacks is not a problem because you can fill it right backup with living lightning.

Oh I was talking about Valor stacks. But I see where you're going. My CM friend tanks ghom/raka very well but there's usually still too much poison. I'm going to try this out though. I'll let you know how it works for me.
Reply Quote
what about using arcane torrent-disruption and arcane hydra, should be a good boost for both u and the cm wiz
also i find disruption has decent ap returns if u have over 50cc and 30 apoc. u cant miss tho, which shouldnt be a problem with frozen ubers
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 11/1/2012 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
disruption is a 15% increase, even multiplied by 4 is 60%
blossom is like 300% increase, this increase is more dramatic since you alrdy stacking other attack multipliers.
Reply Quote
Hello!
I changed my passive GW (Galvanizing Ward) to AD (Arcane Dynamo)...

I have to say this:
Wow, just wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was doing 100k base and 500k crits before AD

And now my damage base is 150k and crits are 800k! Sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! What kind of sorcery is thissssssssssss!

I didn't knew that AD works with AT (Arcane Torrent). But you have to keep channeling or you will lose the buff of AD.

Thanks for the tip!

By the way, I'm not using SF (Sparkflint) or GC (Glass Cannon). I lose too much survivability to do MP8. But I'm going to try MP6 below ;)
Reply Quote
glad you found it useful, hope more people would try this out and see the power of the Blossom!

let me know if anyone wants to try this out, i can run either cm or UberDeath.
Reply Quote
cool, interesting build.. too bab i can't even try it without buying apoc gear n other arcane torrent items.
it would be mad if arcane dynamo also worked with archon. :)
Reply Quote
I used a variation of this build with Time Warp and Duplicates instead of Sparkflint and Prodigy as my third passive to regain AP (no AP reduction gear required in that case). It is fun to use especially with decent eHP and life regain abilities. Unfortunately it isn't that great for regular farming because your dps output drops by a huge amount when fighting single targets with small hitboxes or fast kiters.
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 11/12/2012 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dunno if this build is better than Ray of Frost for single target killing....

With Ray of Frost you can use Cold Blooded which further increases damage by 20%...
I used it on a Uber Run in a setup almost exactly like yours, and my Ray of Frost was neting 500-600K damage per tick... or about 1.2 millions a second... and I could channel it from a much more safe position than you would cast Arcane Torrent.

also, if you use Storm Armor with power of the storm and Diamond Skin with Prism and a 2 hander, you can cast Ray of Frost indefinidely without any other gear requirement :P
Reply Quote
My guess is you shall need quite decent attack speed for the Living Lightning.
I've tested it with my pretty low aps (around 1.7) and it's slow as hell.
I may try Piercing Orb instead.
Otherwise the build is quite nice, I'll give it a try.

I just use ray of frost. I see 8-900k crits with that too.

Never seen RoF crit really, maybe you've taken Familiar hits for RoF?
Reply Quote
The best build of Wizard for Uber run is obviously CM because people rather choose DH for pure DPS, and CM wiz makes the run so much easier for everyone else.

Did MP10 a bunch of times, everyone was saying I made it much easier.

This is the Build I use for Ubers, not the one on my profile probably since I use Meteor for farming:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VSXYhf!Zbg!YcaZcZ

Replace Magic Weapon with Stretch Time if you need more Attack Speed. And I know some people prefer Storm Armor or Energy Armor, but the beauty of Ice Armor Crystallize is not only you can get up to 60% armor bonus (which is more important in my opinion since you're supposed to dodge all the elemental damages) but also in case you lose one of the bosses, you can just go chasing the kiting one(e.g. Zoltun) and leave the other one alone. And when the other one(most of time SB in my case) comes to attack you, 9/10 times he'd get immediately frozen plus now both of them are in the perfect position which makes your job so much easier.
Edited by hys17#1805 on 11/13/2012 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
this build is optimized for uber fight, where there are two huge bosses on screen.
RoF wont even come close to this in terms of dmg.

vs Single target, i'm not certain, but I think blossom will still come up on top, simply due to higher base dmg. 670% vs 215%

The only case that I see RoF being better is it's "safer" to use , you can shoot from far away. where as my build , you need to be upclose near the mobs .
Reply Quote
this build is optimized for uber fight, where there are two huge bosses on screen.
RoF wont even come close to this in terms of dmg.

vs Single target, i'm not certain, but I think blossom will still come up on top, simply due to higher base dmg. 670% vs 215%

The only case that I see RoF being better is it's "safer" to use , you can shoot from far away. where as my build , you need to be upclose near the mobs .

Well, the 670% weapon damage isn't per projectile... is per cast... each cast releases more than 1 projectile and even against ubers it's HARD to hit all of those....
you only have full 670% weapon damage if EVERY projectile hits... and that's not possible....

RoF does 280% weapon damage with the proper rune after about 2 seconds... it benefits from Cold Blooded which upgrades this further 20%... every other multiplyer is the same.

Well, That being said, if your Arcane Torrent hits more than half Projectiles it fires then it does more damage than RoF... that's right.

Dunno for sure if in the long run it's more effective killing Ubers....

Anyway, I like those Arcane Torrent builds... they're fun. lol
Reply Quote
Well, the 670% weapon damage isn't per projectile... is per cast... each cast releases more than 1 projectile and even against ubers it's HARD to hit all of those....
you only have full 670% weapon damage if EVERY projectile hits... and that's not possible....

+1. I did a few runs replacing Shocking aspect with Death blossom. I saw that the DB hits were only criting at ~280k which was a lot less than 670% of my sheet dps.
Reply Quote
You can have any build against Uber with tank but no build other than CM can solo uber efficiently I think.
Wantt to switch back to Monk now. Spend so much on Wiz and gear for cm/ww is too crazy expansive espeically Chantodo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]