Diablo® III

Storm armor

The lightning seems a bit random does anyone know what determines how often it hits?
Blizzard only described how much damage it does but nothing else.
First I thought it had to do with how many times you attack but it attacks just the same while you're moving @.@
Reply Quote
im also wondering if atk speed helps
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 08:26 AMPosted by yems
im also wondering if atk speed helps

same i thought it had to do with attack speed but not even sure
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
It doesn't seem to be on a steady pace. I've had it hit twice in fairly rapid succession, then disappear for a second or more. I will say that whatever it's net average time between blasts, it does seem a nice supplemental DPS source on both stragglers and big single targets (it's fairly useless when AoE-ing packs).
Reply Quote
oh I only use it for the movement speed *scramble* but when I use shocking aspect while I CM I wanted to know how the the whole armor is determined.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
good question, maybe a blue can give us a light about this
Reply Quote
I hope so
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I'd rather run pinpoint vs Storm Armor.

After testing the two a lot....Storm Armor just doesn't seem to cut it on the higher MP levels and if I use it at the lower ones....monsters usually die before the lightning hits anyways.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 11/6/2012 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
doesnt matter the damage cant crit, unless you have 200k paper dps, its not noticble.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:36 AMPosted by leahzirch
doesnt matter the damage cant crit, unless you have 200k paper dps, its not noticble.

storm armor crits all the time???
Reply Quote
I'd rather run pinpoint vs Storm Armor.

After testing the two a lot....Storm Armor just doesn't seem to cut it on the higher MP levels and if I use it at the lower ones....monsters usually die before the lightning hits anyways.

The one thing I like about Scramble, especially at low MP, is the ability for the bolts to pick off stragglers. Not spinning backward to beam guys behind you does save some time, once you train yourself not to go back for mobs.

Other than that, variety's sake is the only reason I switch from PPB now (sometimes Scramble for the tiny speed boosts).
Reply Quote
Anyways,

Shocking aspect...i'm wondering how much i'm getting out of the chance to do 35% damage on crit. Even when i blow up the screen with yellow crits, i'm not noticing anywhere near a proportional number of extra lightning procs. I think its throttled someway.... Could be my perception, so intersted what others think...
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:36 AMPosted by leahzirch

but i do have 200k paper dps.

I use scramble for low mp runs for exp

and shocking aspect in mp7-8 for uber runs

prismatic is only for uber runs after that
Reply Quote
Bump before I take a nap
Reply Quote
atm my friend and I think that its either random or on a self timer that bliz wont tell us.

so IAS or anything of that sort won't increase strikes or speed of strikes.
Reply Quote
I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I've gone several seconds without a strike, only to have it hit the same target four times in rapid succession.
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]