Diablo® III

If your Hero was a Monster, what affixes ...?

Tree

Horde, fast, jailer, waller.
Reply Quote
If My hero were a monster, it would have the following affixes:

Wrath of the Berserker
Whirlwind
Sprint
Spin to Win

:P
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Razor
Invulnerable Minions, Horde, Arcane Sentry, Molten, Fast, Shielding, Mortar

hey thats cheating! you can't be having all that! needs a nerf

haha i guess that is true. how many affixes can monsters have in inferno? also i wish theyd bring back invulnerable minions.
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Vaeflare
For those of you looking to consider monster affix combinations of your own, you might also want to check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996#1"]the categories that various affixes fall into, and the restrictions placed on them (#3)[/url].

I read that... but it's actually laughable.... especially:

07/10/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
Our restrictions aren't as tight as some players have suggested, but in the end we found that adding extra limitations often made Elite pack encounters very predictable and repetitive, which kind of went against our design goal for these types of monsters.

As it is, the system in place for how monster affixes are rolled on a given elite pack, it is TOTALLY PREDICTABLE... you will get whatever affix is the most commonly troublesome for your class/spec... There is absolutely NO question that reflect damage will come up for 99% of elite packs... Arcane will come up about 90%... To sugges that you designed affixes so that things wouldn't be predictable is seriously laughable... they ARE predictable.
Reply Quote
Horde, Arcane Enchanted, Frozen, Vortex
Reply Quote
Imagine a WW barbarian with illusionist, lol its katrina hurricane today folks.

Or cm permafrost wiz with frost affix, that is a frosty overkill!
Edited by Gorbak#2565 on 11/4/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 07:13 PMPosted by briarben
As it is, the system in place for how monster affixes are rolled on a given elite pack, it is TOTALLY PREDICTABLE... you will get whatever affix is the most commonly troublesome for your class/spec... There is absolutely NO question that reflect damage will come up for 99% of elite packs... Arcane will come up about 90%... To sugges that you designed affixes so that things wouldn't be predictable is seriously laughable... they ARE predictable.

do you even have any verifiable proof or are you speaking out of pure anecdotal evidence?
Reply Quote
"Just Passin' By"?
Reply Quote
Oh wow, happy to have some blues in my thread :D

Considering the restrictions:

"Strong CC" (Limit 1):
  • Knockback
  • Nightmarish
  • Vortex

"Defensive" (Limit 1):
  • Avenger
  • Extra Health
  • Health Link
  • Horde
  • Illusionist
  • Missile Dampening
  • Invulnerable Minions
  • Shielding
  • Vampiric

"Aggressive" (No Limit):
  • ArcaneEnchanted
  • Desecrator
  • Electrified
  • Fast
  • Fire Chains
  • Frozen
  • Jailer
  • Molten
  • Mortar
  • Plagued
  • Reflects Damage
  • Teleporter
  • Waller

would have to change to
Fast, Vampiric, Knockback, Teleporter Sayj
Reply Quote
Vortex, Vampiric, Fast, Waller
Reply Quote

do you even have any verifiable proof or are you speaking out of pure anecdotal evidence?

Considering I rarely saw either of those the last few times I played SC, I'd guess he's speaking from the "it's not random because I think I keep seeing the same things over and over" camp.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, and the stronger your emotional response to them is, the more they stand out from the crowd. Since it sounds like he hates them both, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that he just remembers them more than any of the others.
Edited by ShadowHado#1348 on 11/4/2012 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
i would like to fight diablo (no shadow realm) and give him every affix.( horde would be mini diablos running around)

make it happen! :)
Edited by Moka#1568 on 11/4/2012 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
frozen-jailer-arcane-shielding (swap shielding for reflect dmg if its a high MP)

wouldent go with barb but would be a pain
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 10:13 PMPosted by ShadowHado

Considering I rarely saw either of those the last few times I played SC, I'd guess he's speaking from the "it's not random because I think I keep seeing the same things over and over" camp; it's all in the eye of the beholder, and the stronger your emotional response to them is, the more they stand out from the crowd.

It is anecdotal... from my 5 SC characters in inferno (Barb, WD, Wiz, DH, Monk) I rarely get an elite pack without Reflect damage and 9 times out of 10, the pack also has Arcane Enchanted. Only Blizzard has data that isn't anecdotal obviously since we cannot ascertain what the affix spread is for anyone but ourselves.

Either way... it's laughable that the affixes are not predictable...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the affixes are not random, but instead based on your lowest resistance or your class/spec combo.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
PREDICTABLE

predictable

they ARE predictable.

jooo keep saying that word, I don't think it means what joo think it means

and what happens in groups? is it still 9/10 total predictable? have you tried each pairings? say DH + Barb or WZ + Monk? what numbers then m'see??

WHERE'S YOUR PREDICTION STATISTICS MESSIAH NOW?? m'SEEEEE.....
Reply Quote
11/04/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Korba
PREDICTABLE

predictable

they ARE predictable.

jooo keep saying that word, I don't think it means what joo think it means

and what happens in groups? is it still 9/10 total predictable? have you tried each pairings? say DH + Barb or WZ + Monk? what numbers then m'see??

WHERE'S YOUR PREDICTION STATISTICS MESSIAH NOW?? m'SEEEEE.....

Predictable... meaning given a set situation, it behaves in a way that follows expectation.

And yeah, even in groups, i find that reflect damage is the one affix i can count on to be part of any elite pack. I've been in groups with one wiz... with two barbs and monk... with a wd, a dh and a monk... in each of those groupings, in my experience, reflect damage was a set part of any elite pack...

I don't even mind the reflect damage output as it is currently. I have no issue with any affix actually... they're all easily handled with a specific routine... my point was only that the statement (about avoiding predictability) is just plain ridiculous on its face.
Reply Quote
This would be a nice idea by the way. Playing as monsters in pvp or hostile in any rooms. Would like to see what the heroes would drop :P
Reply Quote
As a monk, I'd say...

Vampiric -- Lifestealing stacks with other traits, so the more, the better,
Molten -- Molten is deadly and annoying to fight against as a monk, and enemies are dumber than me. I could just lay a huge field of molten ground and lay waste to all who oppose me!
Desecrator -- It's used per target, so that's a LOT of desecrated ground! Also should be good for keeping at full health with vampiric.
Fast -- Because fast is wonderful!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]