Diablo® III

So, Obama or Romney (part 2)

(Locked)

Obama is not even american...
RON PAUL 2012
Edited by Gorbak#2565 on 11/5/2012 6:36 AM PST
11/05/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Drake

Thank you. A vote for true principles is always a good vote.

On the contrary, it's a rampant idealism and a completely wasted vote.

If you aren't voting for a side that has an actual chance winning, you are throwing your vote away.. And perhaps tacitly responsible for whatever bad things the winning side may do.. since you did nothing to stop them.. sitting there, wasting your vote on idealistic nonsense that can't win and won't win.

This is a ridiculous statement. Stop worrying about the next 4 years and start worrying about the next 100. If Gary Johnson (or ANY 3rd party) can get 5% of the popular vote, they will get federal funding and a fair voice in the next election. Having a rational person in the debates could do wonders for changing this two party, lesser of two evils bs. I'm sick of hearing about my "wasted vote"... like your vote is any less wasted in 46 of the states.
Obama had full control his first two years and got everything he wanted passed his first two years. He failed and his policy failed. Good thing the last two years he was kept in check.
I'm voting for Obama because I believe he has done more good than harm in his presidency. People will disagree, and the harm that has come out of it is there, but I believe necessary for the progress that needs to be made.

This country is in the crapper, and he has a plan that takes more than 4 years. Even some of Romney's statements say "im gonna do yada yada by 2020."

Ok, so lets say he is elected, and first thing he does is gets the said bill/plan/whatever to work. It's going to take most likely almost half of his term just to get passed because the government we have is so divided and screwed up. It's just like how we all "have a right to a speedy trial" which ACTUALLY means "You'll be in court in a year and until then you get to sit in jail, unless you pay us a crazy amount for bond cause all we want is your money anyway."

But I didn't know who I was voting for until I saw an ad of Obama's where he sat down, gave his plan, and said "You're vote is important, go out and decide what YOU think is best and what YOU want."

He didn't say "Don't vote for a man who wants to go backwards so we can keep going forward." or some kind of attack on Romney. He didn't even MENTION the other party in the ad.

He said "Do what you feel is right."

And that's why I want him as my president for 4 more years.
Edited by Landoh#1422 on 11/5/2012 6:58 AM PST

If you aren't voting for a side that has an actual chance winning, you are throwing your vote away.. And perhaps tacitly responsible for whatever bad things the winning side may do.. since you did nothing to stop them.. sitting there, wasting your vote on idealistic nonsense that can't win and won't win.

No my friend it is not. You're working off the premise that nothing ever changes and that's obviously a logical fallacy. While some things would give the appearance of not changing, given time all things will. You can not blame somebody else for the party you support not having a platform well-supported enough to win an election. I find it shameful that the democratic party will likely win, but it would be near equally reprehensible were the republicans to win. It's not idealistic so much as it is futuristic. As in the future I hope my grandchildren can live in, where Donkeys and Elephants are not the be all end all of American Politics. Thinking bullheadedly about it as if the next four years will actually improve our nation in some monumental way is just silly. Likewise, if you think our nation has a chance in hell of NOT falling to bits after monetary implosion occurs (which it will eventually if fiscal control isn't wrested from the grip of world banking conglomerates) in the next couple decades, then you're fooling yourself much more so than any of the "idealists" you take issue with.

As an aside I would like to state that I'm not some young, confused "99%er" or any other such nonsense. I recognize the failings inside of the libertarian movement as much as in any other. I'm a conservatively minded individual that much more closely follows the line of thinking that did many of our founders. I want personal liberty but I also want moral and ethical accountability. Sadly, the crusade for moral licentiousness is likely to be the downfall of the libertarian party if there is ever a rise to be had in the first place.
You saw an ad where Obama gave his plan???? Can you please post this plan because i never seen such a thing!
american politics hurts my heart.

you know george washington was a fantastic leader, because he had no ones example to follow, and still made your country great. a place for freedom where one can live in peace and make a good living, rise out of poverty through hard work.

now what do we have? giant corporations sponsoring political parties, and a society which rewards the rich and punishes the poor. the sad thing is no one sees it. everyone just wants to debate the validity of %@*#*@*% or incest babies, or whos fault it is they have trillions in debt.

its a good idea in principle, but there will always be those who take advantage, if you let giant corporations speak with money your vote will never matter.

so please americans, take a moment, forget about the parties, and look at the big picture for just a moment. try and ask yourself which one of these people has the countries interest in mind, not yours, not the rich, not the poor, but americas. in canada (not saying its perfect here by any means) we all pay higher taxes (13% in my province) and yet we all get free healthcare. it is good too in general. whenever im sick, or hurt, i go see my doctor and this guy knows exactly hats wrong and i get help. i know there are people with massive brain tumors that suck up more of this free healthcare than my flus ever will, but i dont mind paying, because i know if im sick that i can count on my people to pull together to help.

as a canadian i see america as a country thats divided, and i just hope you can unite yourselves to keep the american dream alive.

im not debating this, i hate politics, but i do believe everyone has a duty to be educated in the process.
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 11/5/2012 7:06 AM PST
When is everyone going to realize it's all the same? People mocking democrats, mocking republicans yet they don't work together. You people are the reason the system doesn't work, you'd rather vote for your own party no matter what, won't give anyone a chance to do things right because it's not your "affiliation". You push and pry from each other just to point fingers than get anything solved, politics must make everyone act like whiny children.

So voting for one of two morons is better than not voting for one of them? I don't get it.. we now live in a society where you MUST vote for one man even if you hate them both. Even if they're one side to the same coin. Voting is already screwed up anyways, it's kept that way so nobody has a chance except the two major players.
Romney wins in a landslide.
Romney hands down.
go watch 2016: obama's america and learn some facts about real obama. he is out to destroy america plain and simple. if you wish to live in the 3rd world country then i suggest you vote for obama.
Obama, mainly because I dont trust Romney...When they asked Romney repeatedly about his 5 pt plan he never explains it. During the debates, Obama called Romney a liar many times and he never denied it, instead he kept on going with what he was saying. Romney has also changed from pro choice to pro life, but when asked if he would sign a bill denying funding to those Doctors who would practice abortions after he is elected, he said no. Romney believes in giving tax breaks to the rich and raising taxes for the poor, the list goes on and on as to why Romney should never set foot in the white house.
Edited by FriskyDingo#1598 on 11/5/2012 7:32 AM PST
Undecided voters and Low Information voters are the kind of people who vote republican. ESPECIALLY in this election. I'm Canadian and have been following this election since it started back in 2010. I have two points everyone can agree on.

One, everyone knows what is going to happen when Obama gets elected. Because he actually has plans and puts his ideas out there so that people who agree with him will vote for him.

Two, NOBODY has a ****ing clue what is going to happen if Romney is elected. He provides no information for any of his "plans" to create jobs or how he is going to magically cut the deficit by cutting taxes. Since the debates the guy has gone from a corporations best friend to that guy hanging outside the Quick Stop in clerks smoking a J. Hes changed his views on abortion more than some girls in my town have had them. The guy has BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN. THE MAN PAYS 14% TAX.

I hope for my sake, since the American President has more influence on my country than my own Prime Minister, and America's sake that they elect the right person. And if they don't and elect Romney, I hope that he isn't as scary as he seems.

EDITS: spelling!!!
Edited by tehJBE#1274 on 11/5/2012 7:26 AM PST
I mainly feel like the dog in this Fox simpson's sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCIEbLMaQg
Edited by FriskyDingo#1598 on 11/5/2012 7:26 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]